INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Andrea Corr  (Leído 82830 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Andrea Corr
« Respuesta #75 en: Mayo 09, 2011, 11:10:51 pm »
Curiosidad:

On top of all this, Andrea has also decided to throw into both packages a unique download card that gives you a code to download an extra track ‘You’ve Got A Friend’!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #76 en: Mayo 10, 2011, 11:57:21 pm »
Ayer Andy asistió a esta gala de premios en el hotel londinsense Grosvenor House.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #77 en: Mayo 11, 2011, 12:08:03 am »
Andrea will be on The National Lottery Draw on BBC1 this Saturday 14 May for an interview, video showing & the all important button push!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #78 en: Mayo 11, 2011, 12:10:04 am »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #79 en: Mayo 11, 2011, 11:53:42 pm »
Entrevista (more than music=

A first for MTTM, we put a selection of questions gathered from fans on Twitter, to Andrea Corr. Thank you to @AndreaCorrFans, @KingRichard76, @wooze24, @SteveGodsell, @danbenevides, @twinkle25011973 and everyone else who got involved.

MTTM: After getting married does your inspiration still come from people watching or does it come from your own personal story. Is it the same process or has it changed?

AC: Marriage didn’t change what inspires me to be honest; it is both and always has been. It’s never just been people watching, I am a person watching the people as well, so I am part of that. It’s your own life experience as well as observing

MTTM: Are you thinking about recording a second album of original songs?

AC: Yes. I was taking a break from music and I didn’t want to sing until I was excited about it again. I haven’t written since my last album because I felt like I had written my best in a way and I was disillusioned by how I’d had lots of problems with the record company. I stopped, but now having done this album I’ve written loads.

MTTM: Did you ever think about giving up after the previous album didn’t achieve great commercial success?

AC: I did, because I’ve been doing it for such a long time and I had made this record I was really happy with. I’d written it and all my heart and soul was in it (and still is) but unfortunately the record company didn’t agree with me and then you’re kind of on your own because they don’t promote it and you’re stuck trying to push something that will never work. The overload of the balance of the industry mechanics outweighing the music side of it made me think this is just wrong. There should be no industry involved in music. I know there has to be but not for the artist. A financial man in a music room is incongruous – it doesn’t go together and isn’t conducive to creativity. I took some time out and I did different things, I learnt French, and then I find myself right back here again. It’s interesting really that as soon as you let go of something, same with love generally, if it’s right for you it comes back. Sometimes you’ve got to walk away in order for it to find you. I think that’s what happened here.

MTTM: It’s interesting that when I mentioned your name on Twitter I got so many responses.

AC: It’s amazing the support and they know so much. They know more than I do with regard to my career and my family’s career. Even on the radio the other day I was asked “what version of runaway was that?” and I said “yes that’s the one of the original record”. “No it’s not that’s the remix by Tin Tin Out!” I pride myself on our clever fans. They’re contrary to what is generally going on in the world today with celebrity culture and the madness of people, wanting to know about somebody’s insides. These days I find our fans are quite clever and want to know interesting stuff about what inspires you and the music, which of course is the only thing I’m here for.

MTTM: Some of us, your fans, think your voice sounds better than ever. Do you think that as well and have you had any different vocal training or is it just the way the album was produced?

AC: I haven’t gotten vocal training before ever. I rehearsed with a woman before doing the last tour with The Corrs but unfortunately I got laryngitis so it all went out the window anyway. To be honest I would really put that down to this environment – the studio. Fortunately for me John Reynolds, the producer, really loved my voice and he felt he hadn’t really heard it as much as he would like to hear it before so it was very much about the voice. Also, when it’s not your own song it’s kind of more liberating. You don’t have that subconscious voice asking if it’s a hit. I’m happy they think the voice sounds good.

MTTM: Which other songs if any would you have chosen to be included in Lifelines and which songs didn’t make the cut?

AC: You know they kind of all made the cut really. I could choose loads. I don’t have Randy Newman there and I love him. I don’t have Nina Simone. I don’t have an awful lot of music I adore there. What we did will be used, they’ll be the bonus track on something. It’s funny because I didn’t think that the first single would make the cut, its weird how it all works out. Sometimes you go down a road with a song and you’re going down the wrong road. That road can make you think no, cut it, when actually you just need to go down a different road with it – start from scratch and rework it. It’s funny though because with a lot of records it’s often the last song you do or the one you’re not thinking of putting on the record that becomes your big song.

MTTM: Will you be making any appearances in London to promote the new album?

AC: Yes I’m playing Union Chapel on the 2nd June, please come.

MTTM: Do you have any plans for any more acting and if so, what would your ideal role be?

AC: You know what; I don’t have any particular plans right now. To play in a Brian Friel play at the Old Vic and also Jane Eyre in Dublin I mean, I wouldn’t have dared to dream of that, so I think I’m just not ever going to dream of anything because it was really lucky that those great things happened. Down the line I love Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf so I’d obviously love to play Martha.

MTTM: Which do you write first the lyrics or the melody, or do they come together?

AC: They can come together. Rarely I’ve done the lyrics first but mostly they come together. I will always write down if I think of an interesting line. I have a book or my iPhone and I’ll always look back to see what ideas I’ve had lyrically.

MTTM: What do you particularly like about the old record players with turntables and vinyl albums?

AC: What I love about it is familiarity. God love my brother Jim because I ruined his record collection. He still will say to me you need to replace them all on CDs. I grew up with the stereo and turning it on, putting the needle on the record and hearing that sound where it crackles. Then it goes into the swing and even when it finishes… The sound of it is part of the song which I like. Sometimes things can be too shiny and produced. I know I’ve been shiny and produced as well and sometimes there’s a place for it but I like the crackle.

MTTM: Did you allow your siblings to listen to the new album and what did they think?

AC: Of course I did! I have the height of respect for them and their opinions so they have to get to hear it. That’s the way it goes. They’ve been really complimentary and very supportive.

MTTM: Do you have any plans to start a family?

AC: Please God. Please God I have plans to. We would hope.

MTTM: I was asked by lots of people where you would be touring. A selection were Oxford (though not by me I must add), Asia and Spain.

AC: Come on now Oxford, you can make that little trip! Spain was, on my first record, one of the only places I actually played. If enough people want to hear me come and play I will, because that’s the only thing that makes it possible to be honest.

MTTM: Last question is a little random but I don’t see why I shouldn’t ask it. I promised I would. What shampoo do you use, because your hair is lovely?

AC: Oh my God. That’s so nice because you know what, I really don’t like my hair. If there’s a part of me that I actually don’t like it’s my hair. My sisters have glorious hair, I have not great hair. At the moment I’m using Aveda but I change. You can report back to people that I actually look like Worzel Gummage.

Andrea Corr’s second solo album Lifelines is due for release on May 30th.

www.andreacorr.com

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #80 en: Mayo 11, 2011, 11:55:23 pm »
Promoción!!

Andrea In The Media

Keep your eyes peeled for Andrea on the following shows in the coming weeks:

The National Lottery - BBC1 14/5
Chris Tarrant on Radio 2 - 16/5
In Concert with 2FM - 18/5
Late Late Show Performance - 20/5
BBC Breakfast – BBC1 25/5
Radio 4: Womans Hour - 26/5
Wogan on Radio 2 - 29/5
Loose Women – ITV1 31/5
Sunrise With Eamonn Holmes - Sky News 2/6
OK! TV – Channel 5 3/6

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #81 en: Mayo 12, 2011, 08:10:09 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #82 en: Mayo 12, 2011, 11:29:20 pm »
Message from Andrea about her gig in Cannes with Craig Armstrong. John needs a bit of practice shooting video!

http://vimeo.com/23651601

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #83 en: Mayo 17, 2011, 11:02:30 pm »
Andrea cumple hoy 37 años!
FELICIDADES!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #84 en: Mayo 17, 2011, 11:22:41 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #85 en: Mayo 18, 2011, 11:48:10 pm »
Hoy, el equipo de Nolwenn Leroy ha publicado un mensaje en su página oficial de Facebook dando a conocer que tras la colaboración en Taratata, Nolwenn pasó la mañana en el estudio para grabar un dueto de Tinseltown In The Rain, en versión francesa e inglesa, el cual estará disponible próximamente

Nolwenn Leroy Officiel

Aprí¨s le bon moment partagíé avec Andríéa Corr í  Taratata, Nolwenn a passíé la matiníée en studio pour enregistrer un duo sur le nouveau single d'Andríéa : « Tinseltown in the rain » en version franí§aise et anglaise. Ce duo devrait sortir prochainement!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #86 en: Mayo 19, 2011, 04:24:03 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #87 en: Mayo 20, 2011, 11:47:20 pm »
Lifelines sale en España el 27 de junio!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #88 en: Mayo 21, 2011, 05:21:28 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #89 en: Mayo 21, 2011, 05:23:12 pm »