INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Cranberries  (Leído 114971 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re:The Cranberries
« Respuesta #540 en: Abril 20, 2018, 08:26:19 pm »
The Cranberries are in studio this week to record the next (and possibly final?) Cranberries album. These last 24 hours, they published a few photos on their Instagram account.

Let’s note the band was in studio last week as well (or maybe just Noel?), at the famous Abbey Road studios in London, to remaster the “Everybody Else…” album for the 25th Anniversary edition that should be released later this year.

This week, the three of them gathered at Kore Studios, in London too, to record a brand new Cranberries album. For those who are wondering how they’ll be dealing with vocals without Dolores, please keep in mind the last interview Noel Hogan gave to RollingStone: “I spoke to Dolores last Friday and she was great. We spoke about getting back to work – recording and new tracks we were working on. She sent some of those tracks to me by email on Sunday morning”, as well as the band’s recent statement: “we will also be completing the recording of a new studio album as previously announced, which we also started last year and for which Dolores had already recorded the vocals.“

Everyone can easily imagine how painful going through these tracks must be for the lads. Like many fans who are supporting them through social media, we’re sending love and courage to Noel, Mike and Fergal.

We love you guys, In It Together!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #541 en: Mayo 28, 2018, 06:05:48 pm »
A month after The Cranberries have started recording their new album for which Dolores had already recorded vocals, it seems the band is currently putting the finishing touches and it should now be a matter of days before they’re done with this new record.

The recordings started on April 16th at Kore Studios, in London, where the band worked until May 4th.
Studio pics during this session interestingly show the use of a bass clarinet.

After a week break, the band came back one last time at Kore Studios on May 14th to add strings, and then moved on the following day to Stephen Street’s Bunker studio in the 13 studios complex in West London.

There, they were joined for a couple of days by Johanna Wiseley (Cranitch) who fans are familiar with as she’s been working with the band as backing singer/keyboard player on tour since 2012.

Johanna posted a picture on her Instagram account yesterday, stating that she had finished putting the backing vocals down, and confirmed on the occasion that this album should unsurprisingly be the Cranberries “final” album:

Although listening to this record will be very difficult for most of us, fans, we’re feeling very thankful to the band and their crew who are devoting themselves to giving life to Dolores’ last tracks, as they feel this is “what [She] would have wanted“.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #542 en: Julio 08, 2018, 07:47:44 pm »
Statement From The Cranberries

We would like to thank all of you for your ongoing support and to take this opportunity to update you on recent developments.

In 2017 we had begun to work on a new album of songs with Dolores. Working with our producer Stephen Street, we have recently completed the album and it is expected to be released in early 2019.

Late last year The Cranberries decided to compile a very special box set edition of our debut album ‘Everybody Else Is Doing It So Why Can’t We?’ The box set will feature many rare versions of Cranberries songs, demos, radio broadcasts, concert recordings as well as unseen band photographs and a long essay about The Cranberries early years. The box set will be released later this year.

Since Dolores’s untimely passing in January we have been inundated with requests for media interviews and requests to take part in numerous commemorative projects. Neither The Cranberries nor the O’Riordan family are in a position to respond to these requests or partake in any interviews or other projects. We would ask that you respect our wishes for privacy at this difficult time.

The Cranberries.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #543 en: Agosto 23, 2018, 07:35:49 pm »
The inquest into Cranberries frontwoman Dolores O'Riordan is due to take place on her birthday next month, nine months after her sudden death.

The international star from Co Limerick was found dead in her hotel room at the Hilton in Park Lane, London, on the morning of January 15.

She was in the UK capital for a short recording session at the time.

An inquest was originally due to begin four days later, but was postponed until April 3 while the coroner awaited medical test results.

However, without explanation, the hearing was removed from the schedule with no new date set.

The Irish Independent can now reveal that the inquest will take place at Westminster Coroner's Court on Thursday, September 6.

It will fall on what would have been O'Riordan's 47th birthday.

A spokesperson from the coroner's office told the Irish Independent that her family have been informed of its findings.

"The family have been updated with all the information we have, but the inquest itself will be the place where information on her death will become available to the public domain," they said.

The Metropolitan Police said in January that they were not treating the Cranberries icon's death as suspicious.

She is survived by her three children, Taylor (20), Molly (16) and Dakota (12).

Irish Independent

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #544 en: Septiembre 07, 2018, 07:43:13 pm »
La cantante irlandesa Dolores O'Riordan, líder de la banda The Cranberries, murió el pasado 15 de enero al ahogarse en la bañera de su hotel en Londres cuando estaba ebria, según el informe forense presentado este jueves.La jueza forense Shirley Radcliffe, del tribunal londinense de Westminster, ha dicho al exponer sus conclusiones que la muerte a los 46 años de O'Riordan fue "un accidente", lo que ya determinó la Policía al investigar el caso. Radcliffe ha indicado como causa del fallecimiento el "ahogamiento por intoxicación etílica", después de que la autopsia del cuerpo de la artista demostrara que tenía altos niveles de alcohol en la sangre.Durante la investigación, la agente de policía Natalie Smart explicó que halló el cadáver de la cantante sumergido bajo el agua en la bañera de su habitación del hotel Hilton, donde se encontraron también varias botellas de champán. También había varias cajas de medicamentos de prescripción médica, pero los niveles de estos en la sangre de O'Riordan estaban dentro de los límites permitidos, al contrario que el grado de alcoholemia.

Dolores O'Riordan, una de las voces más distintivas de Irlanda, murió súbitamente durante una breve visita a Londres para participar en una sesión de grabación en la que pondría voz a una versión del conocido tema de The Cranberries Zombie interpretada por la banda de rock estadounidense Bad Wolves.El tribunal de Westminster empezó sus pesquisas el pasado 19 de enero, antes de que la cantante fuera enterrada en su pueblo natal de Limerick, entre la conmoción de toda Irlanda. La artista tenía tres hijos con el representante del grupo británico Duran Duran, Don Burton, de quien se había separado en 2014 tras 20 años de matrimonio.The Cranberries, con la carismática Dolores a la cabeza, saltó al estrellato internacional a principios de la década de 1990 con temas como Zombie, Dreams o Linger y llegó a vender más de 40 millones de discos en todo el mundo. O'Riordan es recordada en Irlanda como la "voz de toda una generación" y como un icono mundial de la música de los noventa.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #545 en: Septiembre 30, 2018, 07:38:34 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #546 en: Octubre 14, 2018, 08:17:26 pm »
Ahead of the 25th-anniversary reissue of EEIDI, rollingstone.com just published a new interview with guitarist Noel Hogan. He discusses the band’s early days as well as the upcoming final album with Dolores O’Riordan, “IN THE END” to be released early next year.

So there’s a song called “In the End,” it’s the last song on the album, and it just kind of summed up the whole album and the band. Because it’s definitely the end of it for us. So we’ve called it that. In the End. – Noel Hogan

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #547 en: Octubre 14, 2018, 08:19:09 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #548 en: Enero 07, 2019, 05:01:58 pm »
As Ireland just entered 2019 a few minutes ago, The Cranberries official website updated their home page to reveal what should be an artwork linked to the release of their upcoming – and last – album “In The End”, due in 2019.

If the exact release date isn’t known to this date, BMG is likely to release the album in Spring as September/October might be devoted to the 25th anniversary of the No Need To Argue album.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #549 en: Enero 07, 2019, 05:02:51 pm »
fan called Itzik just posted the below message on our website, revealing the possible “In The End” album tracklist in no particular order (as we already know from a recent Noel Hogan interview that In The End is to be the last song of the album)

The following is a list (in no particular order) of 11 newly registered song titles for the new album.
    Please keep in mind that not all might end up on the album and some could be just working titles.

All Over Now (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    A Place I Know (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    Illusion (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    Crazy Heart (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    The Pressure (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    In The End (O’Riordan/Hogan)
    Summer Song (O’Riordan/Brodbeck)
    Lost (O’Riordan)
    Wake Me When It’s Over (O’Riordan)
    Catch Me If You Can (O’Riordan)
    Got It (O’Riordan)

BMG are still planning an “early 2019” release.

Happy new year everyone!!
    Itzik

IMPORTANT: We do not yet know what his source is, nor if this is official or not, although it is very likely these information may have leaked on the Internet in the past hours.

More soon as we’re investigating, and a major thank you to Itzik for his comment.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #550 en: Enero 07, 2019, 05:04:00 pm »
Our team just had a look at the French SACEM website (French professional association collecting payments of artists’ rights and distributing the rights to the original songwriters, composers, and music publishers) where the song titles unveiled yesterday by Itzik are indeed all listed, which confirms that these songs will indeed feature on the band’s upcoming album In The End!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #551 en: Enero 10, 2019, 07:41:00 pm »

DAYS before the first anniversary of the death of her beloved daughter Dolores O’Riordan, the mother of The Cranberries lead singer says she finally realises “she’s not coming back”.

“It doesn’t feel like a year. It feels as if the funeral is just ending. I know now she is not coming back,” Eileen O’Riordan told the Limerick Leader this week ahead of the anniversary of Dolores’ tragic death on Tuesday.

The Ballybricken native was found dead in her bedroom at the London Hilton on Park Lane on January 15 last year. She was 46-years-old.

Two anniversary Masses will take place in Limerick to mark her untimely death.

A Mass will take place in St Ailbe’s Church in Ballybricken this Sunday, January 13 at 11am followed by anniversary Mass in St Joseph’s Church on O’Connell avenue in the city on Sunday, January 20 at 11.30am.

“They are both open to the public. We would love to see people there. We decided on the second Mass for people who wanted to go in Limerick city,” Eileen explained.

Reflecting on her first Christmas without Dolores, Eileen said she found Christmas Eve particularly poignant.

“Up to Christmas was hard enough but I was busy with the church,” said Eileen who is the Eucharistic Minister, reader, singer and sacristan at her local church in Ballybricken.

“On Christmas Eve I got everything ready and as soon as the crowd started to come then I just left,” explained Eileen.

She simply found it too difficult to attend the Mass.

“Katie, my granddaughter, Joseph’s daughter is a beautiful singer. She sings O Holy Night and Dolores used to sing that as well,” Eileen said of her reason to decide to attend Mass in the church on Christmas Day instead.

“I came back afterwards on Christmas Eve. I didn’t want to be listening to the singing. And if I was sad then I would be sad in front of the children. I went up to Joseph my son’s house.”

Eileen and her family had Christmas dinner at the Strand Hotel in the city. Her spirits were lifted on St Stephen’s Day with the arrival of Dolores’ eldest child Taylor from Canada.

“Taylor is still very sad, God help us. I think the first born are softer,” said his doting grandmother.

“He went back on Saturday. He’ll come back again in April please God. He likes Ireland. The girls will be on soon,” said Eileen of Dolores’ two daughters Molly, 17 and Dakota, 13.

Eileen has arranged for 4,000 memorial cards to be printed to remember Dolores on the first anniversary of her death.

“We have done them like a bookmark. They did it for me in Glenstal Abbey and it is very nice. I got around 4,000 of them to give out.

“Br Kevin in Glenstal did it for me. He’s an artist. He spent about a week doing it. There is a little verse to remember Dolores.”

The Cranberries lead singer died in a London hotel room by drowning due to alcohol intoxication, an inquest at Westminster Coroner’s Court heard last September.

The inquest heard she was found submerged in the bath in her room at the Park Lane Hilton hotel.

Eileen visited Dolores’ grave at the local cemetery over Christmas and was moved by the amount of well wishes that continue to pour in from fans around the globe.

“People are still leaving items there. There are three guitars there now I think. The flowers are lovely. I got a lunch box before Christmas and have put all the letters into it. We received a lot of cards at Christmas. People mean so well.”

Sometimes she momentarily forgets herself when she hears some news and goes to tell Dolores.

“For a split second I feel I must tell her….You have to keep going and make the best of it.”

Meanwhile, the University of Limerick announced this week that it is to confer a special posthumous honour on Dolores, which her family will receive.

The university will also confer band members of The Cranberries Noel Hogan, Mike Hogan and Fergal Lawler with honorary doctorates on Friday, January 18.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #552 en: Enero 10, 2019, 07:47:36 pm »
THE FAMILY of the late Limerick rockstar Dolores O’Riordan is to receive a special posthumous award in her honour from the University of Limerick.

UL is to confer band members of The Cranberries Noel Hogan, Mike Hogan and Fergal Lawlor with honorary doctorates on Friday, January 18, with a special award also to be made to the family of lead singer Dolores O’Riordan.

The Limerick woman passed away suddenly last January.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #553 en: Enero 11, 2019, 06:43:47 pm »
A Message from The Cranberries

In early 2017, the four of us got together to rehearse for the ‘Something Else’ Tour. During rehearsals, we discussed many times how great it would be to write and work on new material for a new album… The prospect of writing and working on new material for a new album was very exciting.

Over the following months the task of working on what would become ‘In The End’ began. By December 2017, Dolores had completed and recorded the vocals to final demo stage on the eleven songs which feature on this recording, and we had planned to go into the studio to complete the album in early 2018.

After Dolores' devastating and unexpected passing in January 2018, we took some time out and put all plans on hold. As time passed, we began to think about how we might best honour our close friend and bandmate. This was a very painful process. We remembered how Dolores had been so energised by the prospect of making this record and getting back out on the road to play the songs live, and realised that the most meaningful thing to do was to finish the album we had started with her. We felt that this is what she would want. We spoke with Dolores' family and they agreed.

It was a very emotional process for us. Knowing that we would never get to play these songs live made it even more difficult. There was also an overwhelming sense of finality knowing that this was the last time that we would be in the same studio together working on a Cranberries album.

We would like to take the chance to thank ours and Dolores’ family and friends and all those who worked with the band over the years. To our fans, who have stood by us for almost thirty years; thank you, without you, none of this would have been possible. It has been an incredible journey.

We dedicate this album to our dear friend and bandmate Dolores. She will always be with us in her music.

Noel Mike Fergal

To mark the first anniversary of Dolores’s passing The Cranberries will be releasing the first song from the new album ‘All Over Now’ on the 15th of January. :P

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #554 en: Enero 14, 2019, 11:21:10 pm »
For the Cranberries it all changed on the January 15, 2018, when their charismatic lead singer Dolores O'Riordan died suddenly in what was described as a tragic accident. Dolores had drowned in a hotel bath after drinking heavily. She was 46.

Now the three surviving bandmates have announced that this April they are releasing the final songs they recorded together, on an album called "In The End".

Brothers Noel and Mike Hogan and Fergal Lawler say the singer was looking forward to releasing the new tracks and had been emailing material to them in the months leading up to her death. Clearly still mourning her - they tell me they keep thinking she might walk through the door of the studio - the album is dedicated to her memory.

The first single from the album, "All Over Now" is released on the anniversary of her death on Tuesday.

It is the last album The Cranberries will ever release. The band members say they feel lucky they had the material from Dolores before she died, and that the final album is the classic Cranberries sound. But to continue as a band without her they say, is unthinkable.

The album is out in April.