INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Within Temptation  (Leído 320472 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Within Temptation
« Respuesta #420 en: Febrero 13, 2011, 11:51:50 pm »
The 25th March will be released Within Temptations latest album "The Unforgiven" in Sweden. This time the band has created a holistic concept. The fans have already received the first step in the form of the single "Aunt", short film "Mother Maiden" and the beginning of a comic strip. In autumn, the tour will involve a variety of artistic expressions.

Despite two days of promotion, it is a cheerful Robert Westerholt responds when Rocknytt get him on your phone.

Congratulations to you and Sharon to the coming baby. I hope that Sharon feels good.

-Yes, she is fine. Absolutely, it goes well.

When it is time for birth?

-The child will in early may, it is calculated to the 5th.

Your new album is a concept tablet. How did you determine that you wanted to make a concept album, in particular, along with cartoons and short films?

"It was a combination of things that are met. Some time ago, we had an idea that we wanted to do at the moment a concept album. Now we really felt that it was the right time to do so.

For us was our last album a finish on a kind of term. It would simply be a perfect album for us from the perspective that it was so we wanted that it would allow, as we have done over several years, with Orchestra and guitars. The balance was good and we really liked the album, but at the same time, we knew that we did not want to do the same thing again. It was time for something else.

Concept
"We knew that the Internet and things in the world had changed. MTV and other video channels had lost power. Today we can see what you like for the world on YouTube. It also means that we do not need to concern ourselves with purely creative. On MTV, you can view a spoon, but you may not see a naked ass or a drop of blood. Weapons are also prohibited.

This time, we wanted to do something creative, a mix of things we like. When we decided to make a concept album, but not in the traditional way by telling a story through lyrics. It limits you en masse.

We work with that type of songs and lyrics so you cannot tell an especially detailed story. Would we worked so we might have had to write a book. Instead, we bet on a comic. We knew a guy who worked with computer games, but also comic artists.

Yes, I was thinking just ask if you were familiar with Steven o' Connells (writer) and Romano Molenaars (artwork) work in the past?

"We knew only Romano. He was art director for a video game music as we did and we knew that he made cartoons and that he had worked for Marvel Comics and other publishers.

When I told him about the idea, so he thought it was fantastic. I asked if he felt a screenwriter because we didn't want to write the story themselves. We just wanted to write song lyrics with inspiration from the story.

Then we started to talk with Steven and I asked if he had any ideas. He told me about "The Unforgiving". When it had no name yet and no particular story. It was more of an idea but we loved it immediately it gave so many possibilities.

It would be a story with multiple layers in order to give more depth to characters. We did not want a steel or a simple evil against good history. The good is not always good and evil is not always bad.

There's always grey areas?

-Yes, and it inspires us. There are also some religious and some supernatural themes we get much inspiration.

We talked about the idea and gave Steven input. We also contacted a little different directors. It is a bit like with movies such as X — But, Spiderman, Batman or Sin City, which we also love to make a movie so it gives an extra dimension to the story. Make it just a comic so remain a bit in world series.

Directors like the idea of the direction and they had really good draft history, so we cooked together our ideas and Steven had a turnover of a great script.

I like the overall concept, it can really go in-depth in the various parts. It is really interesting.

-Yes, and you don't have to do it if you don't like it, you can also just listen to music without knowing anything about the series.

Musical inspiration
During the recording of the disc did you type on the Web that you WT — found inspiration in the songs from your musical roots in 80-and 90-century metal, rock and pop.
Examples of artists were e.g., Sisters of Mercy and Depeche Mode.
What was your inspiration when you were 15-17 years old. Which band you listened to?

-It was the type of tape, but I think our influences goes much further back and is much deeper than that.

A song like "Aunt" are in the nature of Chris Isaak while eg "Shot In The Dark" is a little harder in the melody.

I do not know always what artists inspired. It may even have been a part of songs by Kim Wilde and other pop artists, but when we came into the metal was with Iron Maiden and Metallica. It was the era metal band, but also the Sisters of Mercy and Fields of Nephilim. When I was really young began with Marillion.

I was a jí¤ttefan of Marillion. I think the main difference is that we in the early 1990 's began to move away from 80-century songs and was looking for more powerful expressions. The difference in this album is that refrí¤ngerna is a bit more melodic. It is larger and more melodic. This is the link between the two.

Swedish production
Once you have chosen to work with the Swedish producer Daniel Gibson. What do you think that Daniel has contributed to the medieval Tempations sound?

-He is a very perfektionistisk producer in sound image. It really is needed if we want to achieve a high level. Then we have to have control of everything and that makes him very good. Fixed more than we like his creativity and that we can match it.

He is a person with roots in the metal, but also like the useful pop. I think that is where we have a good connection. I write a lot of music with him and we understand each other well.

I understand that trust is very important in the process.

-Yes, Daniel has been with us on the road with our latest album. He has also had the same feeling of wanting to do something different and develop it.

The kreativita process
Would you say that there is a special creative process Within Temptation or has varied between albums?

"I think it has improved in view of the fact that more and more about yourself and other people and what is best will help your creativity.

In the context of this plate have I really taught me not to continue working when I'm not creative anymore. It is better to use one hour a day when you're in a good mood rather than to sit 10 hours that do not contribute to something. You'll learn more and more how you can reach your animosity and translate it into creativity

Within Temptation innovates-interview
2011-02-12 18: 11 | Written by Johan Persson Within Temptation innovates

The 25th March will be released Within Temptations latest album "The Unforgiven" in Sweden. This time the band has created a holistic concept. The fans have already received the first step in the form of the single "Aunt", short film "Mother Maiden" and the beginning of a comic strip. In autumn, the tour will involve a variety of artistic expressions.

Despite two days of promotion, it is a cheerful Robert Westerholt responds when Rocknytt get him on your phone.

Congratulations to you and Sharon to the coming baby. I hope that Sharon feels good.

-Yes, she is fine. Absolutely, it goes well.

When it is time for birth?

-The child will in early may, it is calculated to the 5th.

Your new album is a concept tablet. How did you determine that you wanted to make a concept album, in particular, along with cartoons and short films?

"It was a combination of things that are met. Some time ago, we had an idea that we wanted to do at the moment a concept album. Now we really felt that it was the right time to do so.

For us was our last album a finish on a kind of term. It would simply be a perfect album for us from the perspective that it was so we wanted that it would allow, as we have done over several years, with Orchestra and guitars. The balance was good and we really liked the album, but at the same time, we knew that we did not want to do the same thing again. It was time for something else.

Concept
"We knew that the Internet and things in the world had changed. MTV and other video channels had lost power. Today we can see what you like for the world on YouTube. It also means that we do not need to concern ourselves with purely creative. On MTV, you can view a spoon, but you may not see a naked ass or a drop of blood. Weapons are also prohibited.

This time, we wanted to do something creative, a mix of things we like. When we decided to make a concept album, but not in the traditional way by telling a story through lyrics. It limits you en masse.

We work with that type of songs and lyrics so you cannot tell an especially detailed story. Would we worked so we might have had to write a book. Instead, we bet on a comic. We knew a guy who worked with computer games, but also comic artists.

Yes, I was thinking just ask if you were familiar with Steven o' Connells (writer) and Romano Molenaars (artwork) work in the past?

"We knew only Romano. He was art director for a video game music as we did and we knew that he made cartoons and that he had worked for Marvel Comics and other publishers.

When I told him about the idea, so he thought it was fantastic. I asked if he felt a screenwriter because we didn't want to write the story themselves. We just wanted to write song lyrics with inspiration from the story.

Then we started to talk with Steven and I asked if he had any ideas. He told me about "The Unforgiving". When it had no name yet and no particular story. It was more of an idea but we loved it immediately it gave so many possibilities.

It would be a story with multiple layers in order to give more depth to characters. We did not want a steel or a simple evil against good history. The good is not always good and evil is not always bad.

There's always grey areas?

-Yes, and it inspires us. There are also some religious and some supernatural themes we get much inspiration.

We talked about the idea and gave Steven input. We also contacted a little different directors. It is a bit like with movies such as X — But, Spiderman, Batman or Sin City, which we also love to make a movie so it gives an extra dimension to the story. Make it just a comic so remain a bit in world series.

Directors like the idea of the direction and they had really good draft history, so we cooked together our ideas and Steven had a turnover of a great script.

I like the overall concept, it can really go in-depth in the various parts. It is really interesting.

-Yes, and you don't have to do it if you don't like it, you can also just listen to music without knowing anything about the series.

Musical inspiration
During the recording of the disc did you type on the Web that you WT — found inspiration in the songs from your musical roots in 80-and 90-century metal, rock and pop.
Examples of artists were e.g., Sisters of Mercy and Depeche Mode.
What was your inspiration when you were 15-17 years old. Which band you listened to?

-It was the type of tape, but I think our influences goes much further back and is much deeper than that.

A song like "Aunt" are in the nature of Chris Isaak while eg "Shot In The Dark" is a little harder in the melody.

I do not know always what artists inspired. It may even have been a part of songs by Kim Wilde and other pop artists, but when we came into the metal was with Iron Maiden and Metallica. It was the era metal band, but also the Sisters of Mercy and Fields of Nephilim. When I was really young began with Marillion.

I was a jí¤ttefan of Marillion. I think the main difference is that we in the early 1990 's began to move away from 80-century songs and was looking for more powerful expressions. The difference in this album is that refrí¤ngerna is a bit more melodic. It is larger and more melodic. This is the link between the two.

Swedish production
Once you have chosen to work with the Swedish producer Daniel Gibson. What do you think that Daniel has contributed to the medieval Tempations sound?

-He is a very perfektionistisk producer in sound image. It really is needed if we want to achieve a high level. Then we have to have control of everything and that makes him very good. Fixed more than we like his creativity and that we can match it.

He is a person with roots in the metal, but also like the useful pop. I think that is where we have a good connection. I write a lot of music with him and we understand each other well.

I understand that trust is very important in the process.

-Yes, Daniel has been with us on the road with our latest album. He has also had the same feeling of wanting to do something different and develop it.

The creative process
Would you say that there is a special creative process Within Temptation or has varied between albums?

"I think it has improved in view of the fact that more and more about yourself and other people and what is best will help your creativity.

In the context of this plate have I really taught me not to continue working when I'm not creative anymore. It is better to use one hour a day when you're in a good mood rather than to sit 10 hours that do not contribute to something. You'll learn more and more how you can reach your animosity and translate it into creativity.

Sharon's voice

I read somewhere that Sharon experimented more with its voice during the recordings of "The Heart of Everything". Do you think she has moved its limits further with "The Unforgiving"?

-Yes, absolutely, it is something that continues to amaze us. It's almost as if she can do anything now. Once it has been fantastic for us.

It is not that we have tried to push forward with a new voice expression. We have written several songs and the songs, singing that suits them, She seems to constantly find new ways to interpret each song in the best possible way.

It is especially to someone who has sung for so long can continue to develop their voice and opportunities of it.

The first time I saw you live where on Roskilde Festival for a number of years ago. The thing that struck me is how flexible the band is on stage, and how much Sharon springer around and still sounds she never out of breath.

-Yes, there is also a challenge. It is approximately the same as for each album, that she must practice at the beginning to learn new vocal expression. At the start is the toughest to her. Live after all she must move and breathe and it takes a lot of energy.

On tour, it will gradually, how she must breathe and when she can rest and get a break. It is a very nice balance.

On tour
You recently played in Rotterdam. Played you some new songs and how did the fans receive against them?

"It was a kind of festival with various Dutch bands. We opened it up and played three songs, but "Faster" was one of them, the audience was not only to our fans but a General Dutch audience. The good thing is that you can see the reactions from people who were there on Twitter. I have not seen many who do not have liked the song yet.

You are going to Sweden on your tour in the autumn. Have you already completed everything that relates to the production, scenkulisser and cool clothes?

-No, no not at all, it's the advantage of Sharon's pregnancy. We have had more time (Laughs). Right now, we do much promotion, but in the beginning of March we are focusing on the new show. There are a lot of work we will integrate all the movies and try to get with the cast in 3D.

It will be very fun to do, but fortunately, we have plenty of time to test everything properly.

//Interview: Johan Persson

Short facts:
Within Temptation was founded in 1996 by guitarist Robert Westerholt and his girlfriend vocalist Sharon den Adel (now his wife).

"The Unforgiving" is the band's fifth full-length album, plus it has released two live albums and various singles and EP 's.

The band has been awarded a 30 gold and platinaskivor.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #421 en: Febrero 14, 2011, 11:56:34 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #422 en: Febrero 14, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »
Samples del álbum!!

Para oir aquí­

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #423 en: Febrero 16, 2011, 11:42:06 pm »
Aqui hay más samples
Que bien suena!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #424 en: Febrero 17, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #425 en: Febrero 18, 2011, 11:08:49 pm »
Nueva foto!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #426 en: Febrero 19, 2011, 11:48:25 pm »
Guapa!!!!!!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #427 en: Febrero 19, 2011, 11:53:46 pm »
Otra!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #428 en: Febrero 20, 2011, 11:30:32 pm »
Otra foto!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #429 en: Febrero 21, 2011, 11:38:29 pm »
Un video

http://yfrog.com/gil1cz

Mañana noticias del baterí­a!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #430 en: Febrero 21, 2011, 11:41:19 pm »
Otea actuación

[url][http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=ES&v=jGrWtgt7Eqo/url]

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #431 en: Febrero 22, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »
Nuevo baterí­a!!

Yeahhhh we are a full team again !
Mike Coolen is our new drummer. He has played with us in the past on a few occasions before. The chemistry has always been very good both on stage as on personal level so he was the first on our mind.

So, Mike great to have you onboard!

Now to us he is no stranger but you probably don’t know who Mike Coolen is. Who can introduce the new drummer better then the man himself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjNv6Amync&

Parece majo!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Última modificación: Febrero 26, 2011, 11:03:22 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #433 en: Febrero 24, 2011, 11:50:59 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #434 en: Febrero 25, 2011, 11:01:22 pm »
Grabación de las cuerdas!! (la orquesta)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqMAyLAdzz8