INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Within Temptation  (Leído 330685 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Within Temptation
« Respuesta #690 en: Febrero 23, 2012, 04:30:29 pm »
We’re busy with the rehearsals and getting ready for the Dutch Theater Tour which starts in two weeks!

Last week we announced a couple of tracks you can expect to hear during the theater tour and Monday we revealed three songs from the Unforgiving on Facebook.

Two other tracks that will also be part of the show are “Mother Earth” and “Ice Queen”!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #691 en: Febrero 24, 2012, 11:53:36 pm »
Over the last two weeks we’ve been spilling the beans on the tracks of the Dutch Theater Tour.

To give you an idea what to expect of the seated shows we’ve been announcing some of the tracks you will hear during the tour. Two tracks you can also expect during the Theater Tour are “Stand My Ground” and “Sounds of Freedom“!

Here’s what we had announced so far, in random order:

Faster

Say My Name

Mother Earth

The Promise

Siníéad

Ice Queen

Swan Song

Stairway to the Skies

Never-Ending Story

Overcome

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #692 en: Febrero 28, 2012, 09:08:28 pm »
For months you were able to follow us on the road. We tried to give you an unique behind the scenes view on touring with The Unforgiving Tour.

In this last European Vlog Video you’ll see some footage from Finland and Russia! Look closely you might recognize yourself. Our fans from South America can expect a video report coming up next month.

But for now the last European Vlog Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9KSd0Z3VM

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #693 en: Febrero 28, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »
We will perform "The Last Dance" on our upcoming Dutch Theater Tour!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #694 en: Marzo 01, 2012, 10:21:03 pm »
A few months ago we announced a new tour for the Dutch Theaters. Slowly we started to reveal some of the details about what you can expect. Tomorrow is premiere night… time to fit the puzzle together by giving you some last details about the show. Don’t worry there is much more that we didn’t told you yet  .

Within Temptation’s theater tour 2012 is called: Sanctuary.

When you visit a theater, you can always sense a sort of magic – there’s a very special feeling floating in the air, something out of the ordinary. Maybe it’s the history of the building you’re in, or imagining all the different shows that took place there, and the visitors who felt the joy, the tension and the mystery of what they were about to see.

Whether we go to the theater as visitors or perform there ourselves, with Within Temptation we always have that special feeling. This is why every few years we work hard to create a new show to perform in the theaters. Another reason- in addition to the magical and intimate ambiance the theaters offer- is that this is also the perfect environment to experiment creatively with our music and our show. This gives us the unique opportunity to approach and do things differently than we would on a ‘normal’ stage. This is most definitely the case for our new 2012 theater show.

A lot of things you’ll see in our show will be new and quite different from what you’ve seen from us before.

When selecting and listening to our songs we noticed how well they fit together and how much they have in common, both stylistically and lyrically. More and more, we also realized that by putting these songs in a certain order we were actually creating a story. As the visuals and movies we use during our shows have become a bigger and bigger part of our shows, this new story gave us the perfect opportunity to create new film material. This not only shows the story line visually, but supports the musical story as well.

So this is how our film crew ended up in Scotland, in the Highlands- a landscape so beautiful that reality and fantasy seem to go hand in hand.

The perfect background to this story…

Scotland. The Highlands, 1895. A young boy, sick, is lying in his bed.  He has been there for days now, infected by an unknown virus causing a dangerous fever.

As the fever gets stronger, his consciousness fades away, further and further from reality. He slips away into a dream world. He is a grown man now; a warrior or Holy man of some kind; strong and determined. Traveling the landscape, which is enchantingly familiar, yet surreal and unknown.

Now and then, when the fever stabilizes for a short while, the real world shines through. Sometimes in forms and shapes that fit his dream world -his mother, the doctor, the local priest… they all try to help him but seem powerless to do so.

Though tempting, he is not quite ready to stay in this sanctuary, not ready to say goodbye… and so he travels on and on… searching for a way out.

We hope to see you during our Sanctuary tour,

Within Temptation.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #695 en: Marzo 03, 2012, 08:24:44 pm »
SETLIST:
The Last Dance
Bittersweet
Overcome
Restless
Sound of Freedom
Our Farewell
The Swan Song
Say My Name
Never-Ending Story

The Promise
Caged
Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)
Lost
Faster
Ice Queen
Stand My Ground
Mother Earth

Siníéad
Stairway to the Skies

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #696 en: Marzo 03, 2012, 08:33:23 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #697 en: Marzo 03, 2012, 08:45:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #698 en: Marzo 06, 2012, 08:16:06 pm »
You probably have noticed that on March 30, 2012 all the pages on Facebook will get the new ‘Timeline’ lay-out. We are really excited to present you the new lay-out of our Facebook page.
Different from the old lay-out you can now scroll through a timeline and check out all the highlights in our past, together with photos you’ve never seen before. There might be enough highlights that we forgot so far, don’t worry in the upcoming weeks we’ll try to add even more information.

We hope you enjoy it!

http://www.facebook.com/wtofficial

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #699 en: Marzo 07, 2012, 08:19:30 pm »
Today we can announce that we’ll be playing at Rock Werchter. On Thursday, June 28 we’ll be rocking on the main stage.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #700 en: Marzo 09, 2012, 06:56:14 pm »
We invited cellist Jonas Pap to join us during the Sanctuary Tour. We asked him to answer some questions to be able to introduce him to you!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

I’m 28 years old and involved with music full time. As a musician I travel a lot, so I recently moved to Utrecht from Zwolle as it’s easier to live somewhere central. I’m not completely settled in Utrecht yet, though. Zwolle is a bit more spacious and I know a lot less people in Utrecht.

What inspired you to become a cellist?

I started playing the cello as a 5-year-old boy and I never even considered calling it quits. Both of my parents are trained musicians and helped me develop a very broad interest in music, therefore I feel no need to adjust myself to a certain style of music. I’ve studied heavy music as well as light music at the conservatorium. I’ve studied classical music in Zwolle, light music in Arnhem and Latin at the World Music department in Rotterdam.

What is it like to vary in different music genres as a cellist?

Being able to play different styles and formations makes it interesting to make music. The diversity keeps playing the cello fresh and interesting.

What do you expect of your upcoming performances in Within Temptation’s Dutch Theater Tour?

I have good experiences with Within Temptation. I’ve joined them before; during the last two theater tours, shows in Het Beursgebouw, and a performance at Radio 538. I also enjoyed working on ‘The Heart of Everything’ very much. WT shows are large and spectacular and cause a great source of energy, which makes it really cool to be part of.

What other projects have you worked on where we might know you from?

Other bands in this genre I’ve worked with as well are Epica and After Forever. I’ve also played with many pop bands such as Kyteman’s Hip Hop Orchestra, Bertofl, and A Balladeer and joined Herman van Veen and Esther Groenenberg in the theater. Aside from those projects I’ve also recorded parts of albums of Mathilde Santing, Veldhuis en Kemper, Daniel Lohues, and Abel. Most of the music projects I’m part of are with my string quartet ‘the Red Limo String Quartet’.

What’s the most memorable experience in your musical career?

What I thought was very impressive was the time I joined Within Temptation at the Bevrijdingsfestival in Zwolle. I was still living in Zwolle at the time and we were performing in front of about 100.000 people. A lot of my friends were in the audience as well, which made it very special. Also the success of the Kyteman tour in 2009 was overwhelming, as we had no idea the tour would be such a hit.

What keeps you busy besides music?

My two beautiful ladies: Maartje, my girlfriend and Amíélie, my two month old daughter.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #701 en: Marzo 11, 2012, 09:29:05 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #702 en: Marzo 11, 2012, 09:40:43 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #703 en: Marzo 13, 2012, 06:52:17 pm »
We can confirm three new summer festivals!

Main Square Festival

We’re playing at Main Square Festival in France this summer! Main Square Festival takes place from the 29th of June until the 1st of July in Arras, France.

Aside from Within Temptation, acts such as Pearl Jam, Florence + The Machine, and Incubus are performing at this year’s edition of Main Square Festival, amongst many others.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #704 en: Marzo 13, 2012, 06:53:09 pm »
We’re coming back to Germany as well this summer, three times to be exact. In July we’re performing at Deichbrand in Cuxhaven, Germany. This three-day Rockfestival am Meer takes place from the 20th until the 22nd of July in Nordholz, Cuxhaven.

Other bands that are performing during this year’s edition of Deichbrand are OOMPH!, Caliban, and Immortal Sin amongst many others.