INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Corrs  (Leído 46118 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Corrs
« Respuesta #15 en: Octubre 07, 2009, 11:41:31 pm »
Jim se ha unido a la campaña Save Our Hospital, la cual pretende evitar el cierre del Louth Hospital, situado en el condado homónimo. Mañana, jueves 8 de octubre, se realizará un mitin de protesta en el ayuntamiento de Dundalk a las 20:00h. A continuación, os dejo con el ví­deo de Jim apoyando la campaña y el link de la web del hospital:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhR39wSlyhU&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #16 en: Diciembre 18, 2009, 10:54:23 pm »
Dermot Desmond, suegro de Andrea, ha invitado al grupo a tomar parte en la creación de una universidad global de la cultura y las artes.

BUSINESSMAN DERMOT Desmond has invited 163 luminaries from the fields of music, film, theatre, literature, academia and business to submit ideas to help him establish a “global university” for culture and the arts.

Mr Desmond first floated his idea to establish a university of the arts at the Global Irish Economic Forum, the brainstorming event held at Farmleigh in Dublin which was attended by well-known Irish figures from around the world.

The financier wrote this week to the 163 individuals inviting them “to be a founder, a designer and an architect of this initiative” and requesting their expertise to assist in the initiative he is calling “Cultural Odyssey”.

Mr Desmond said in the letter that Ireland should “exploit its deep and world-renowned cultural legacy and talent to establish a global university focusing on culture and the performing arts”.

“As the world economy continues its inexorable shift to becoming knowledge-based, we have many competitive advantages,” Mr Desmond wrote. “The combination of our cultural pedigree and our technological leadership suggests to me that we can create a lasting opportunity for Ireland’s future generations.”

Mr Desmond enclosed a list of people he has invited to participate in the project. They include musicians Bono and U2, Enya, The Corrs and Van Morrison; Hollywood actors Daniel Day-Lewis, Colin Farrell and Liam Neeson; film directors Neil Jordan and Jim Sheridan; and writers Brian Friel, Roddy Doyle and Sebastian Barry.

Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin has also been asked to participate in the project. Among the business figures invited to submit ideas are telecoms and media entrepreneur Denis O’Brien, former Intel chief executive Craig Barrett, and Gary McGann, chief executive of packaging group Smurfit Kappa.

Mr Desmond has invited participants to join private discussions on the project’s website. The discussions will range from “syllabus development to architectural concept, from education futures to entertainment futures, from physical location to models of excellence for university design”.

The businessman says the process will be “a fluid, dynamic, responsive approach to collaboration, and your input will change the shape of the conversation”.

Mr Desmond says the project should be united with other similar cultural initiatives within the third-level sector.

This would “optimise the outcome” and “ensure absolute fairness and integrity in any proposal we bring to Government”, he said.

“It is my belief and conviction that the unique Irish spirit is undefeatable,” Mr Desmond says in his letter. “It is this uniqueness that makes you the outstanding world talent that you have become.

“Through the combination of these elements, we can all be part of creating a new chapter in Ireland’s history for future generations.”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #17 en: Enero 09, 2010, 11:18:10 pm »
Sudan365 es una camapaña creada para prevenir que se repita un conflicto en Sudan y que ha sido organizada por Amnistí­a Internacional, Human Rights Watch, entre otras organizaciones. Hoy, con motivo del lanzamiento de la campaña, algunos de los percusionistas más famosos del mundo, entre los que se encuentra Caroline, han grabado un ví­deo tocando diferentes instrumentos de percusión a modo de llamada para que se tomen medidas urgentes. A continuación, os dejo el artí­culo original y el ví­deo donde aparece Caroline tocando el bodhrán y la baterí­a:

LED by some of the world's most famous drummers, thousands of activists will gather Saturday (9 Jan) in 15 countries and call for urgent steps to prevent a return to widespread conflict in Sudan.

Sudan365, a year of campaigning for Sudan, has been organised by a coalition of groups including Amnesty International, the Enough Project at the Center for American Progress, Human Rights Watch, Save Darfur Coalition, FIDH, Refugees International, Darfur Consortium and Arab Coalition for Darfur.

The global effort comes with one year remaining until a referendum that will decide the future of Sudan and marks the five year anniversary of the Comprehensive Peace Agreement that ended the civil war between Northern and Southern Sudan and called for this referendum.

With many highly contentious issues still to be resolved and amidst increasing inter-ethnic violence in the South and continued attacks on civilians in Darfur, there is a real risk of a return to conflict that could destabilise the entire region and place civilians in grave danger.

Sudan365 is being supported by some of the world's most famous drummers - including Phil Selway, Radiohead; Stewart Copeland, The Police; Nick Mason, Pink Floyd; Jonny Quinn, Snow Patrol; Caroline Corr; Richard Jupp, Elbow; Middle Eastern star Mohammed Mounir and Mustapha Tettey Addy who has been drumming since the 1970s. The celebrity drummers are coming together to create a 'beat for peace' in Sudan. A film of this global beat for peace, featuring drummers from five continents, will be released to coincide with the launch of the campaign. On saturday activists will also drum along at events worldwide to call on governments to take action to prevent worsening violence and ensure civilians are protected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJMzB48r8rI

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #18 en: Febrero 10, 2010, 11:14:43 pm »
DUNDALK's most famous musical family, The Corrs, are engaged in discussions about when to re-unite and start work on a new album.

Guitarist Jim told The Dundalk Democrat that the family have moved a step closer to getting back together again after a three-year hiatus.

"It's a possibility. We are talking about it right now. It's always been on the cards. We've been toying around with the idea for a while now," said Jim.

"There's nothing definite yet but at some stage in the future we would like to do another album. I imagine if we do it, the album will be a progression.

"It will have our own sound characteristic. We don't want to just re-hash what we've done in the past. We'd like to bring the sound forward.

He added: "I think it would be great to do an album. It's been a while since we've been in the studio. It would be good to get back to it.

"It's good fun touring but Caroline has three kids now and touring would be more difficult for her. She couldn't be away from them for long periods.

"We are just talking about whether or not we should do it at the moment. I think we will definitely do it; it's just a matter of deciding when we should do it.

"I still write a bit and work with ideas. I've a small set up. We are all writing bits and pieces. We would just come together with those ideas for the album and work collaboratively."

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #19 en: Febrero 18, 2010, 10:26:37 pm »
La pasada noche del miíércoles, Andrea, acompañada de Brett, y Sharon acudieron a la fiesta de inauguración de la peluquerí­a y salón de belleza Dylan Bradshaw en South William Street, Dublí­n. A continuación, os dejo con el artí­culo publicado por el periódico Herald:

CHART-topper Andrea Corr stepped out with her handsome hubbie Brett Desmond last night.

The raven-haired beauty made a rare appearance at a Dublin bash after popping into the invite-only bash, celebrating the opening of Dylan Bradshaw's new flagship salon on South William Street.

Arriving at the opening shortly after 8pm, she and her businessman husband looked the epitome of smitten newlyweds at the party.

"They didn't stay that long but wanted to catch up with some old pals that they hadn't seen in a while," said an onlooker.

The singer, who regularly tops the 'most sexy' lists, married Brett in a traditional ceremony in Doonbeg, Co Clare, last August.

The wedding was attended by stars including Bono.

Andrea wasn't the only Corr in attendance at last night's party though -- her sister Sharon was also there chatting with some good pals.

Acclaimed hairdresser James Brown, who is good friends with Kate Moss, flew in especially for the event from Britain.

He was spotted rubbing shoulders with some local celebs like Amy Huberman, Lorraine Keane and The Script's Glen Power.

While her husband-to-be Brian O'Driscoll is training for the upcoming Six Nations match against England, actress Amy Huberman had some time to also show her support for Dylan.

RTE star Aidan Power and girlfriend Vivienne Bushell were also present, as was restaurateur Ronan Ryan, with his other half, Pamela Flood.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #20 en: Febrero 22, 2010, 10:41:53 pm »
Hoy, Hot Press ha publicado un artí­culo donde dan a conocer que The Corrs participarán en el álbum Behind Closed Doors, un recopilatorio acústico reunido por los estudiantes del Sound Training Centre, en Temple Bar, y que saldrá a la venta a finales de abril o principios de mayo y que pretende recaudar fondos para el Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (ISPCC).

[The Corrs are among several Irish acts who will feature on Behind Closed Doors, an acoustic compilation album currently being put together by students of the Sound Training Centre in Temple Bar.

Other artists already confirmed for the album include Kila, Dave Geraghty, Juno Falls, Delorentos, Ollie Cole, Noise Control and Neosupervital.

Recording for the album is scheduled for this month and the album launch is set for late April/early May. Behind Closed Doors album is intended to raise funds for the ISPCC and is being coordinated and engineered by the students. It’s the natural successor to last year’s Sparks And Mind album released by the students in aid of Aware and which featured Bell X1, Lisa Hannigan, Damian Dempsey, Cowboy X and The Thrills among others.

You can keep in touch with development on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Wordpress and Bebo under "soundtrainingrecords"/quote]

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #21 en: Febrero 28, 2010, 10:37:59 pm »
Según palabras de Sharon, el artí­culo no es veraz y quizá los productores del disco lo que harán será utilizar una de las canciones de The Corrs, pero, en realidad, el grupo no ha grabado nada nuevo.

I'm afraid there is no truth to that article, perhaps they are using one of our songs for that album but we've have not recorded anything new for it. S

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #22 en: Marzo 13, 2010, 11:07:02 pm »
El jueves, Andrea y Sharon acudieron a la premiere de la pelí­cula Perrier's Bounty que tuvo lugar en The Savoy Cinema, Dublí­n. A continuación, os dejo con el artí­culo publicado en el periódico Irish Independent y algunas fotografí­as del evento:

ACTOR Brendan Gleeson spoke last night of the conflict he felt calling for his own son to be shot in a new Irish gangster film.

In crime movie 'Perrier's Bounty', the 55-year-old actor appears alongside son Domhnall Gleeson. Set in Dublin, the thriller features Cillian Murphy as one of three fugitives fleeing Gleeson's drug boss Darren Perrier.

But when Murphy's character uses a small-time dealer called Clifford, played by Domhnall Gleeson, as a human shield to escape, Gleeson's character orders his men to "shoot him".

Speaking at the European premier of 'Perrier's Bounty' last night in Dublin's Savoy Cinema, Brendan Gleeson said: "I was a bit conflicted there. It wasn't pleasant to watch. He does get a going over," he said.

However Gleeson said that overall it had been a joy working with his eldest son.

"It's always a bonus acting with Domhnall because he is a real talent. We can talk frankly to one another," said Gleeson.

Domhnall Gleeson (26) originally worked behind the camera but made his name after being nominated for a Tony Award for his role in a Broadway production of Martin McDonagh's play 'The Lieutenant of Inishmore'. Since then he has appeared in films 'Six Shooter', 'Boy Eats Girl' and 'The Last Furlong'.

According to Ian Fitzgibbon, the director of 'Perrier's Bounty', Brendan Gleeson's character calling for his own son to be shot came about by accident.

"We cast Domhnall in the film before his dad. It only occurred to us after Brendan came on board, he would have to order the death of his own son.

How did Brendan deal with it? "I think he quite enjoyed it," joked Fitzgibbon, whose screen credits include 'A Film With Me In It' and 'Paths To Freedom'.

Despite being set in Dublin, some of the exteriors for the film were shot in London.

"It's only across the water and we have inherited so much of their architecture. You weren't looking at a street going 'that's not Dublin', but there's plenty of Dublin in the film too," said Fitzgibbon who described it as a "modern-day western".

Tommy Tiernan and wife Yvonne, Sharon and Andrea Corr and Amy Huberman were among the VIPs who attended the screening in The Savoy.

- ken Sweeney

Irish Independent

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #23 en: Abril 10, 2010, 05:03:47 pm »
Jim Corr found himself involved in Andrea Roche's split from husband PJ Mansfield recently, when bookies Paddy Power gave odds of 12/1 that the former Miss Ireland would re-unite with her former boyfriend. Whic was news to Jim.

He told The Diary: "It was a bit of a laugh. On a serious note, I do hope Andrea (below) is alright. Not that there has been a media storm, but I just hope she has been alright dealing with it.

"It will all blow over. I just hope she finds happiness."

The Dundalk man is no stranger to media storms himself over his take on events such as 9/11 on www.jimcorr.com

But it looks like Jim is letting his political views take a back seat for now as he concentrates on picking up his guitar and writing some new songs.

He told The Diary: "My nature is to focus on one thing, which is music, my first love.

"I'm not letting go of my website but it can take a back seat for a while," said Jim, who was in the studio this week.

Irish Independent

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #24 en: Octubre 07, 2010, 11:39:43 pm »
Cuentan que....

Al parecer, Dave, usuario del foro oficial de Sharon, fue a verla actuar en el escenario principal del The Music Show, y allí­ se encontró con Caroline, que habí­a ido a verla cantar. Cuenta Dave que, efectivamente, Caroline afirma que están ya trabajando en material nuevo para meterse en el estudio (disco nuevo!) y en la carretera (gira nueva?) en un "futuro cercano"...

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #25 en: Octubre 13, 2010, 11:40:21 pm »
Ayer, Caroline ha participado, a travíés de conexión telefónica, como invitado misterioso del dí­a en el programa radiofónico The Cris Evans Breakfast Show, de la BBC Radio 2. Durante la breve entrevista, han hablado de los guantes que usaba para tocar la baterí­a, si todaví­a sigue tocando la percusión y Caroline ha comentado que The Corrs están pensando en volver a hacer música, tal vez, este año. A continuación, os dejo el enlace de la entrevista:

The Cris Evans Breakfast Show (desde las 2 h and 5 min

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #26 en: Octubre 25, 2010, 11:18:32 pm »
Anonymous disc jockey: ...to reveal today's mystery guest after which you will be required to conduct an interesting, stimulating, and, if it calls for it, humorous 3 minute interview without any prior knowledge of the subject. Good luck, my friend!

Chris: Thanks!

Anonymouse disc jockey: Lynn's brand new travel bed caused a storm of controversy yesterday. Who was the drummer? Was she a girl and how come more females don't pick up the sticks and bang the skins? Well, the mystery guest today took up the drums at the age of 17 and started playing with the family band from Dundalk in Ireland. Please welcome she-drummer to the mighty Corrs, Caroline Corr, MBE!

Chris: Oh my goodness! Of course!

Caroline: Good morning, Chris!

Chris: Of course! Good morning. How are you, Caroline?

Caroline: I am very good. Nice to talk to you!

Chris: Well, it's good to talk to you. How could I not remember the fact that you play the drums, of course, in your band? That's...

Caroline: I don't know how you... I don't know how you could forget that.

Chris: Not only do you play the drums, but you wear those little drummer gloves as well, don't you?

Caroline: That's right. Oh, you do have a good memory then. Ah, yes, I did wear the drummer gloves.

Chris: Where did you get the drummer gloves from?

Caroline: Oh my god! I used to shop around for those things. They were actually equestrian gloves, because they were the ones that actually suited me the best when I was playing, because I used to... I remember when I used to be touring, I used to get sort of a lot of blisters- especially at the beginning of tours, so I sort of shopped around to try and find ones that fitted me the best.

Chris: Now after you sported them so well, and they obviously were so practical, did nobody approach you to become the drummer glove producer of the world?

Caroline: (giggling) I... you know what, I can't remember. I think at one stage someone did ask about sort of advertisement or something like that, but I don't think that's what I was, eh, thinking about doing at the time. But yeah, I think there was something all right.

Chris: And then you're still drumming?

Caroline: I am, but I mean not professionally, obviously, but I mean, we haven't sort of toured since about 2005, but we're thinking of, we're thinking of going back and doing some music maybe this year. So, um, maybe you never know! Might be up on doing it again.

Chris: Are you rusty? Do you still have a go privately?

Caroline: I do, yeah. I mean, I do. Not, I mean, not as much as I did when I was touring. I used to, you know, I used to obviously play a lot, but now obviously, you know, I have 3 children and things are a little bit different.

Chris: So nowadays it's the kids that are banging on the drums?

Caroline: (giggles)

Chris: The parents say keep it down, keep it down! Is it the other way around sometimes?

Caroline: (still giggling) No! It's me! It's me! I mean, you know, it's a noisy house all right! There's no doubt about that! You know pianos, and guitars, and drums all over the place. It's noisy!

Chris: Was there a time when you had to drum? You got up in the morning and you think, "I have to drum! Otherwise, I'm not going to have a good day!"?

Caroline: Well, you know, I think because, you know, I started when I was 17, so I was really late coming to it, so I mean before that I played the piano. Actually, the first shows we did I was actually playing piano. And then, obviously, we didn't have a drummer and suddenly I end up playing the drums and I really loved it! So I kind of had to put a lot of work in in the early, in those, at that time, so I did. I used to get up and I used to say, "All right. I've got to do a few hours of practice. Otherwise, there's no way I'm going to be able to do these tours!". You know, so... because, it all happened quite fast, you know?

Chris: Okay, well it's great to talk to you, Caroline Corr. Of course, ex-drummer, maybe drummer again, full time mom. Caroline, lots of love to you!

Caroline: Thank you, Chris! Lovely to talk to you!

Chris: Thanks for being on the show! Lovely! ( segues to "Only When I Sleep" in the background)

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #27 en: Agosto 11, 2011, 10:45:41 pm »
Rumor

Quienes van a preparar nuevo disco en Mallorca son los hermanos The Corrs. Andrea (solista) y Caroline tienen casa en Deií .

Serena

• Moderador
Ha muerto Gerry Corr
« Respuesta #28 en: Abril 10, 2015, 08:44:52 pm »
A notice from the family online said he had passed away peacefully in the care of the staff at the Mater Hospital Dublin on Thursday night.
Locals have paid tribute to Mr Corr who was recalled as “a great stalwart to the town” of Dundalk.
“He was very active locally and was involved in a number of local projects. He was particular to the fore in effort to retain services at Louth County Hospital,” the chair of the Dundalk municipal district Declan Breathnach said.
“And of course his family’s musical talents helped put Dundalk on the map internationally,2 he added.
Gerry Corr was the father of Andrea, Sharon, Caroline and Jim Corr who made up the internationally-acclaimed and multi-award winning ‘Corrs’ band.
Sharon Corr’s management company said Mr Corr’s passing was a matter for the Corr family and they would not be commenting at this point.
Funeral arrangements have not yet been announced.

Serena

• Moderador
Ha muerto Gerry Corr
« Respuesta #29 en: Abril 20, 2015, 08:24:22 pm »
On behalf of myself and my sisters Sharon, Caroline and Andrea, we want to express our humble and heartfelt gratitude to everyone for their overwhelming love and support during the passing and funeral of our wonderful dad Gerry Corr. A special thanks to the wonderful people of our home town Dundalk, to our extended family, to our friends and neighbours, and to everyone for their lovely messages from all across the globe. It honestly has helped us so much!

We feel blessed. After dad’s heart attack he briefly came back to full consciousness where we, his son and daughters were able to say to him what we needed. But he couldn't remain in his broken body, and took his last breath a few days later surrounded and held by his loving children where he transitioned totally peacefully. For this we are eternally grateful!

Others are not so lucky, a sudden death, and the chance for those left behind to say what they needed is lost, except in prayer. Repair those bridges, sometimes we have to go more than half way, while our loved ones are still with us.

I’m so proud of my sisters, I feel I have the best sisters in the world! They played and read beautifully at the funeral mass. I hope and believe my father was able in some spiritual capacity to view the funeral mass, and the outpouring of love and support shown to us, he would have been so proud and delighted!

He’s no longer lonely, no longer unable to sleep properly, no longer frustrated with his ageing body, He went gently into that good night. I fully believe and I’m not just saying it, that he’s gone straight to what we call heaven, and is in bliss with his wife and our loving mum Jean and my brother Gerard by his side.

Thank you to all the wonderful staff of the Mater hospital Dublin, to Dr Hugh McCann for going above and beyond, to Dr Ed Carton and angelic Alana for their care in ICU, to Dad’s doctor Shane Gleeson, to the ambulance crew who got to the house and hospital so quickly, to Gayle and my son Brandon who happened to be with dad when the ordeal started, to Kehoe’s funeral directors whom insured everything ran like clockwork, to Fr Paul Montague, Fr Brendan Kealy, Fr Malachy, and Fr Cusack for the wonderful service, to the musicians Brendan McCourt, Kevin Shields and Roddy McCollum who played their hearts out, and to An Garda Sí­ochána for their escort to Dad’s final resting place,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lot’s of love, Jim, Sharon, Caroline and Andrea xxxx

God bless.