INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Corrs  (Leído 50749 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Corrs
« Respuesta #225 en: Febrero 10, 2016, 03:58:02 pm »
Oddly, proceedings commenced with a drum solo from Caroline - possibly the least likely way for any band to start a gig, never mind this lot.

GO TO
But it succeeded in grabbing the attention, and Andrea, Sharon and Jim soon joined their sister.

The four remarkably well preserved siblings launched into I Do What I Like from their new album White Light.

It was a forceful opener, certainly as strong as much of the more recognisable material that was to follow last night.

Give Me A Reason and Forgiven Not Forgotten offered familiar turf for the sold-out crowd, who willingly responded to Andrea’s rallying call: “Let’s blow the roof off!”

Next they again delved into their latest opus for the magnificent Bring On The Night, as was performed recently on The Graham Norton Show.

What Can I Do and Radio continued the format of alternating new numbers with their older hits.

The group then huddled at the front of the stage for an intimate medley of Irish tunes Lough Erin Shore, Trout In The Bath and Joy Of Life, which saw Andrea on tin whistle and Caroline playing the bodhran.

Later the percussionist also took to the keyboards, and her versatility was matched by brother Jim, who switched between guitar and keys throughout the set.

With the members all dressed in black and the stage production consisting of modest video screens and some understated lighting, the focus was very much on the music.

It meant the quality of The Corrs’ songwriting really came to the fore.

“I’m speechless,” Andrea said in response to the mass singalong Runaway provoked.

The singer also proved her local knowledge after Queen Of Hollywood from their breakthrough Talk On Corners LP.

“That could be a totally different song in Belfast,” she joked, referencing the similarly named Co Down town.

Another newbie, Ellis Island, saw the foursome dabbling in a little subtle political commentary about immigration.

Now all the other side of 40, The Corrs are obviously no longer the youthful combo that enjoyed massive success in the heady days of the 1990s.

But there has been a Corr-shaped hole in the music scene, and hopefully the reunited family will be belting out their unique mix of pop, rock and Irish traditional for many more years to come.

Four stars

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #226 en: Febrero 10, 2016, 04:09:11 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #227 en: Febrero 12, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »
Gracias a Nyoman, usuario de The Corrs Club, y de acuerdo con la información publicada en la página web del estadio Wiener Stadthalle, el próximo 2 de junio la gira de White Light pasará por la ciudad de Viena.

« Última modificación: Febrero 13, 2016, 06:20:32 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #228 en: Febrero 13, 2016, 08:13:08 pm »
El próximo 9 de marzo, The Corrs darán un concierto radiofónico para la emisora alemana SWR1 Baden-Wí¼rttemberg. El lugar del concierto se desvelará pronto.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #229 en: Febrero 23, 2016, 03:37:19 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #230 en: Febrero 24, 2016, 07:20:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #231 en: Febrero 26, 2016, 03:58:17 pm »
I Do What I Like (Lyric Video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX_q9XShaMM

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #232 en: Febrero 29, 2016, 12:04:13 am »
Hoy según Tweet de jim: en Lorraine Show TV!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #233 en: Febrero 29, 2016, 03:39:45 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #234 en: Febrero 29, 2016, 03:42:46 pm »
De acuerdo con la información publicada por el periódico daníés JydskeVestkysten, el próximo 5 de junio a las 20:00h The Corrs actuarán en el parque Mí¸lleparken, situado en la ciudad de Sí¸nderborg. Las entradas ya están a la venta a travíés de Billetnet a un precio de 450 coronas danesas (aproximadamente unos 60€).

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #235 en: Marzo 03, 2016, 07:02:24 pm »
El 14 de julio The Corrs tocará en el Festival de Poupet, La Vendíée, que este año cumple 30 años. Las entradas estarán a la venta el 21 de marzo. El festival se celebrará en la localidad es Saint-Malo du Bois, en el oeste de Francia.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #236 en: Marzo 04, 2016, 03:05:08 pm »
El próximo 4 de junio The Corrs actuarán en el cine Grand Rex de Parí­s. Las entradas se pondrán a la venta el martes 8 de marzo a partir de las 10:00h.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #237 en: Marzo 09, 2016, 06:45:33 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #238 en: Marzo 09, 2016, 10:12:53 pm »
Gracias a la fotografí­a publicada por thecorrsdaily (aunque probablemente no sea la fuente original), el setlist es el siguiente. Llama particularmente la atención la 5 canción, que o bien es un error tipográfico al querer escribir Trad (tradicional como pueda ser Joy Of Life) o estamos ante una nueva canción que tal vez no pasara el corte:

I Do What I Like
Dreams
Radio
Stay
Trap
Ellis Island
Runaway
Bring On The Night
I Never Loved You Anyway
White Light
Breathless
Toss The Feathers