INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Corrs  (Leído 46929 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Corrs
« Respuesta #270 en: Junio 12, 2016, 04:10:41 pm »
« Última modificación: Junio 13, 2016, 05:49:48 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #271 en: Junio 13, 2016, 05:55:32 pm »
« Última modificación: Junio 22, 2016, 04:04:18 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #272 en: Junio 14, 2016, 04:17:30 pm »
Esto ha contado un fan

If its any comfort to hear.. Jim did say to me after the Vienna gig on 2 June
that the promo piece he played for Avalon when he collected his new guitar was "work in progress for the next album". This would indicate to me anyway that they certainly intend to continue in their chosen profession. A number of people have said that we need to accept a new approach to this, and I agree entirely. At the end of the BH tour, The Corrs were almost burnt out, after 10 years of constant album writing and touring the world... this could not be sustained if they wished to raise their own families and live 'normal lives'.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #273 en: Junio 19, 2016, 04:27:57 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #274 en: Junio 20, 2016, 07:32:19 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: 'They know this is mummy’s job': Sharon Corr reveals being back on tour is 'a holiday' from family life as she talks about juggling The Corrs and motherhood
By JJ NATTRASS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 11:57 GMT, 20 June 2016

The Corrs stormed back into the charts in November after a 10 year hiatus, which saw the four siblings welcome eight children between them.

And it seems that being back on the road is a fresh change of pace after parenthood and solo work, as elder sister Sharon explained playing festivals was 'almost like a holiday' form life at home.

Speaking to MailOnline at the Isle of Wight Festival about the band's comeback, the 46-year-old musician explained it was an 'extra special' feeling to be back on tour with her brother and sisters.

The band, who went on hiatus in 2006 to pursue solo projects and concentrate on their personal lives, are packing in dates on the road as well as plans to record their seventh studio album.

And while Sharon is a devoted mother, who loves her 10-year-old son Cathal and daughter Flori, nine, 'very dearly', she explained that being playing with band on stage again was 'so good'.

When asked about the experience of sharing the stage with Jim, Andrea and Caroline again, she exclaimed: 'You know being on the road is rocking, I love it.'

And though the siblings all have children, she likened being on the road with the band to being on 'holiday', saying: 'I mean it’s so good, it’s almost like a holiday I have to admit.

'Our kids [Jim, Caroline and herself] are a bit older, so it’s a little bit harder on Andrea as her's are pretty young. Mine are a little bit older, they've got school to go to, and they know this is mummy’s job.'

However, the violin player and vocalist was adamant pursuing her musical career isn't about escaping from family life, but is more about setting an example to others.

Speaking about taking on the feat of juggling the transient nature of being a musician with motherhood, she explained: 'For me, as a woman, I like the example it gives.

'I’m a career woman, but I’m also a mother, and I love my children very, very dearly, but this is kind of an extra special thing.'

Speaking of the band's 10 year break, she said that family life had helped herself, her sisters and Jim when it came to growing as musicians - whilst the task of raising children has also helped time pass quickly.

'I think we’ve all grown musically,' she said of the break in the band's career, adding: 'And, in the meantime we’ve had eight children between us, so that’s taken up a lot of time of the road.

However, the band don't plan on this summer being a one-off reunion, as Sharon revealed as well as playing festival and tour dates around the UK and Europe the band plan to head into the studio.

Expaling they had plans for the 'lovely' follow up to White Noise, which will be their seventh studio album, Sharon explained the band would be getting into the studio following their evening playing Starlight in Marbella.

And it seems the positive response from fans old and new to White Noise has helped the band focus on the on the 'organic' nature of their music, as oppose to relying on studio effects and computers.

'I mean it [White Noise] was terrific for us, because it was kind of brave for us. I mean what we didn’t want to do is come back with a greatest hits album,' she explained.

She elaborated on the point, explaining the influence for White Noise came from their early days, when they played as a four-piece with only vocals, a piano, violin and bodhran.

'I think that we’re just very into the music, and we just always want to make great music, and that’s what this album has been all about – it’s more organic than previous albums, and we’re going down that route more'

The band played at the iconic Isle of Wight festival on the Saturday date, joining a bill that included The Kills and Iggy Pop; and which saw legendary rockers The Who headline the evening.

The Corrs are on tour throughout the summer in the UK and Europe, including a date at Blenheim Palace on June 24, and their August 16 date at Starlight, Marbella.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #275 en: Junio 25, 2016, 06:49:34 pm »
What Can I Do? @ Blenheim Palace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnrfbvFKW8c

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #276 en: Julio 17, 2016, 12:51:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #277 en: Julio 17, 2016, 12:53:03 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #278 en: Julio 17, 2016, 01:05:56 pm »
I Do What Like @ Haydock Park

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT9Pe_xRRuY

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #279 en: Julio 19, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
Al final no se filmó Kew Gardens!

Le preguntaron a Jim en FB

Anyone know if it was recorded for DVD?

y contestó

Not as such, we're working on the possibility still x

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #280 en: Julio 24, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »
« Última modificación: Julio 29, 2016, 09:50:57 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #281 en: Julio 29, 2016, 09:52:37 pm »
« Última modificación: Agosto 01, 2016, 03:51:59 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #282 en: Julio 30, 2016, 04:47:02 pm »
Un fan ha hablado con Jim y esto es lo que le dijo

Jim confirmed in conversation after the Luzern show that a lot of studio work
has already been done and that they are now at the stage of looking for a producer. He wouldn't be specific on a timeframe, but didn't say no when I suggested a year to 18 months.

There seems to be a much more relaxed feeling now about timings, with the work/life balance seemingly as important to them.

dave

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #283 en: Agosto 01, 2016, 03:50:39 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #284 en: Agosto 03, 2016, 10:44:23 pm »
Con siete números uno en la Lista, diferentes visitas a nuestros estudios y varios conciertos Básicos en esta casa, The Corrs fue una de las bandas europeas más ligada a LOS40 en los 90 y los 2000.

La banda irlandesa The Corrs pasó recientemente por los estudios centrales de LOS40 y aprovechamos la ocasión para hacerles una entrevista para el 50 aniversario. La banda, que ha visitado la emisora en varias ocasiones a lo largo de su carrera, se mostró emocionada por estar aquí­ de nuevo.

En su entrevista, The Corrs recordaron lo importante que es el papel de la radio para un artista: “No podrí­amos dedicarnos a esto sin la radio. Serí­a imposible”. Reconocieron que ha sido una parte fundamental, que ha apoyado su música y siempre se ha mostrado leal a ellos. Además, les enseñamos diferentes fotos de sus visitas a esa casa y se lo pasaron bomba recordando a Joaquí­n Luqui o bromeando sobre sus caras de susto en una de las imágenes.

Los irlandeses han conquistado lo más alto de la Lista en siete ocasiones. El primero de sus temas en ser número 1 fue ese famosí­simo ‘Only when I sleep’. Lo hizó el 17 de enero de 1998 y ese mismo año tambiíén lo lograrí­a ‘What can I do’ (el 25 de julio). Despuíés llegarí­an ‘So young‘, en abril de 1999; ‘Radio’, en enero de 2000; o ‘Breathless’, en septiembre de 2000. Volverí­an a lograr el ‘top’ de la Lista en julio de 2004 con ‘Summer Shunshine’ y en septiembre de 2007 con ‘When the stars so blue’.

El grupo de hermanos habló tambiíén sobre lo que supone la música para ellos y reconocieron que es una suerte poder dedicarse a ella a un nivel profesional. Nos dieron tambiíén su opinión sobre LOS40. Piensan que los oyentes valora la música que suena en la cadena y las opiniones de los djs. No dudaron en afirmar: “Si lleváis 50 años es porque algo habíéis hecho bien”.

Video