INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Keane  (Leído 17623 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Keane
« Respuesta #30 en: Noviembre 27, 2008, 11:51:50 pm »
RADIO 2 SHOW / THIRD LA GIG

Hello and welcome to your latest update on all things Keane. 
RADIO 2 SHOW TO BE BROADCAST TONIGHT
Last night, Keane played at the IndigO2 in London as part of a special Live In London event for BBC Radio 2. The whole concert will be broadcast on BBC Radio 2 from 8-10pm tonight (Nov 27th). Viewers in the UK will also be able to watch TV highlights via the red button. For more information, and to listen live online to the broadcast wherever in the world you are, click here. 
KEANE IN LA NEXT WEEK FOR TV SHOWS AND GIGS
Keane will in the US next week, appearing on both the Ellen DeGeneres show (Tue Dec 2) and on Jimmy Kimmel Live (Wed Dec 3). While they're there, the band will also be playing three special live shows. The first two sold out in minutes, and the third one goes on sale tomorrow (Friday). It's an intimate, seated acoustic gig at Largo in LA on Dec 7th. Tickets will only be available through the Keane ticket shop, from 10am PST. 
ALBUM CHART SHOW ON SUNDAY
On Sunday afternoon on Channel 4 in the UK, there will be a Keane Special on the Album Chart Show, with the band performing several songs and having a natter. It begins at 2.25pm. 
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING DATES
As we told you last week, the official Keane shop has just taken delivery of the new Perfect Symmetry merchandise (KWN HQ is particularly fond of the wallets). The shop is also currently offering discounts on lots of merch from all three albums, plus free shipping for UK customers and a reduced rate for those of you further afield. Well, we thought you might like to know the final order dates for delivery by Christmas:

UK Special Delivery: Tuesday 23rd December UK standard: Thursday 18th December
EU: Friday 12th December
Rest of World: Wednesday 10th December

So if you're after a Keane T-shirt for your aunt in Peru, you'd better get a wriggle on...

KWN

ps - Happy Thanksgiving to our US readers!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #31 en: Diciembre 05, 2008, 11:53:02 pm »
FREE CHRISTMAS SHOWS / RETROSPECTIVE EP AT KM.COM

Hey folks. We're back with some more tasty slabs of Keane news. 
EXCLUSIVE RETROSPECTIVE EP
Last night on keanemusic.com we launched the first of what may well be a series of retrospective digital EPs, which will be available exclusively via the site. The idea is that these EPs will bring together some of the rarest Keane tracks, giving the band's most loyal fans (ie you!) the chance to own them. We begin with an Everybody's Changing-themed collection of songs. 
EVERYBODY'S CHANGING EP
1. Original demo
2. Demo from July 2002
3. Fierce Panda version
4. Live version from first Lamacq Live electric session on Radio 1
5. Demo of Fly To Me (Everybody's Changing B-side)
6. Demo of Into The Light (Unreleased Song)
7. Video chat of Tim interviewed by Tom about Everybody's Changing

The EP is available to download in high quality, unrestricted MP3s for £3.95. For full info - including Tim's notes about each of the EP's songs - click here. 
FREE CHRISTMAS UK SHOWS - WIN TICKETS
Yes, Keane have confirmed two special Christmas gigs in the UK. On Monday December 15th, Bauer Radio are hosting a show for the band at the Garage in Glasgow. The next day, Tuesday December 16th, they're playing at Xfm's Christmas party at London's 229 Club. We've got 100 pairs of tickets for both shows to give away to the online Keane massive. All you need to do is fill out the entry form. Click here to enter the Glasgow competition and here to enter the London competition. 
PERFECT SYMMETRY PRE-ORDER, FRANKMUSIK REMIX
You can now pre-order both the vinyl and CD formats of Keane's new single, Perfect Symmetry, ahead of its December 29th release, from the km.com shop here. In other Perfect Symmetry news, fast-rising electro-popster Frankmusik has made a cracking remix of the track, which we'll be debuting on keanemusic.com today. Head over to the site this afternoon to have a listen. 
US TRIP UPDATE
Keane are currently over in LA for a bunch of promo appearances and intimate gigs. You can Listen Again to Thursday's appearance on KCRW's legendary Morning Becomes Eclectic show at the station's website here. Video of the session should also be appearing on the site soon. Also, thanks to YouTube, you can watch the band playing a belting Spiralling on Ellen DeGeneres' chat show earlier this week, here.

Have a good weekend.

KWN

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #32 en: Diciembre 09, 2008, 11:12:06 pm »
El trí­o británico ha anunciado que lanzará una serie de EP's retrospectivos digitales, que únicamente estarán disponibles a travíés de la tienda que han abierto en keanemusic.com . El objetivo del grupo es que estos 'Extended Plays', incluyan material iníédito y así­ ofrecerles a sus fans "más leales" la oportunidad de adquirirlo.

El primero de estos lanzamientos es el EP Everybody's Changing, a un precio de 3,95 libras (4,92 euros). Ninguno de estos temas se puede encontrar en ningún otro sitio y el video chat (corte 7) se ha hecho especialmente para la ocasión.

Lista de temas del EP Everybody's changing
1. Original demo

2. Demo from July 2002

3. Fierce Panda version

4. Live version from first Lamacq Live electric session on Radio 1

5. Demo of Fly To Me (Everybody's Changing B-side)

6. Demo of Into The Light (Unreleased Song)

7. Video chat of Tim interviewed by Tom about Everybody's Changing

Tim Rice-Oxley, uno de los componentes del grupo, ha escrito algunas notas que acompañan a cada una de estas canciones. Por ejemplo, esta es la correspondiente al corte 1, Original Demo (Maqueta original): "Compuse Everybody's Changing en algún momento, a principios de 2002. Me acuerdo una tarde sentado al piano en casa de mamá y papá... En ese momento estábamos trabajando en Bend and Break y en algún otro tema, y no pensíé que la melodí­a de 'Everybody's Changing' fuera tan buena como para convertirse en una canción, así­ que tampoco me esforcíé mucho en la demo. De todas formas, cuando la toquíé para Tom y Richard, y otros amigos en BMG Publishing (que nos acababan de contratar), les encantó, así­ que terminamos la letra y empezamos a trabajar en ella de forma adecuada".

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #33 en: Diciembre 12, 2008, 10:41:53 pm »
Mañana en del 40 al 1!!!

lo nuevo de los británicos, perteneciente a su último trabajo Perfect Symmetry, álbum que tiene en The Lovers are losing su single de presentación

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #34 en: Diciembre 14, 2008, 11:37:54 pm »
En los Premios Principales!

The Lovers Are Losing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKEk8TUWe9A&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #35 en: Diciembre 16, 2008, 11:08:49 pm »
LIVE WEBCAST ON WED, LATIN AMERICAN TOUR NEWS

Hello again KWN folks. Here's the latest Keane news. 
A LIVE CHRISTMAS BROADCAST
We're very excited to announce details of the first ever live broadcast on keanemusic.com, which will take over the front-page of the site on Wednesday (Dec 17th) at 7.30pm GMT. It will be hosted by Gavin and Stacey writer/actor James Corden, who'll be chatting with the band and asking them your questions. Should be quite a special night. We hope that you can tune in and join in the fun. 
LATIN AMERICAN TOUR - TICKETS VIA KM.COM
Our other big news is that Keane have confirmed a tour of Latin America for 2009. The dates are as follows:

Feb 25th - Auditorio Telmex | Jalisco Guadalajara - Mexico
Feb 27th- Sports Palace | Mexico City - Mexico
Feb 28th - Arena Monterrey | Monterrey - Mexico

Mar 3rd - Coliseo El Campin | Bogota - Colombia
March 5th - Movistar Arena | Santiago - Chile
March 7th - Club Ciudad de Bs. As. | Buenos Aires - Argentina
March 10th - Credicard Hall | Sao Paulo - Brazil
March 12th - Chevrolet Hall | Sao Pedro Belo Horizonte - Brazil
March 13th - Citibank Hall | Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Our special pre-sale for the Mexican gigs began last night (Monday) at the official Keane shop here. The shop's pre-sale for all the other shows will begin on that same link from 6pm tonight (Tuesday) UK time (12noon CST).

RETROSPECTIVE EP UPDATE
You might remember we told you about the Everybody's Changing retrospective EP in the last KWN. Well, it's come to light that there was a slight error in the audio on a couple of tracks, but the good news is that the problems have now been sorted. If you've already bought and downloaded the EP, then go back to your download 'basket' to re-download the EP. You can download it up to three times, so there should be no problem getting the new version. We also hear that a few of you have had trouble watching the video interview on Apple Macs. This problem has also now been fixed and the video is viewable for all of those who have Windows Media player on their computers. Those with Macs who still can't see the video should try downloading this application. And for those of you haven't yet checked out the EP, you can see all the details here.

In other news, this chap needs a little help with his "oooh!".

See you on Wednesday...

KWN

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #36 en: Diciembre 18, 2008, 10:47:55 pm »
El baterí­a del trí­o británico, Richard Hughes ha confirmado que la banda está trabajando junto a la estrella del rap en una canción. Tambiíén ha confesado que les gustarí­a grabar más temas junto a West.

El germen de esta colaboración nació hace unos dí­as en un estudio parisino. Fue allí­ donde Keane conoció a Kanye West , quien grabó una versión rap de una de las últimas canciones del grupo, You Haven't Told Me Anything.

Durante aquel encuentro, el teclista y compositor del grupo Tim Rice-Oxley, reveló como West habí­a reconstruido Perfect Symmetry , tema que da nombre al último álbum de Keane.

Ahora, en una entrevista con BBC6, Hughes ha dicho que les gustarí­a poder trabajar junto a West en más temas: "Creo que Tim (Rice-Oxley) le dejó una canción que habí­a escrito algún tiempo atrás. Le faltaba rematar una parte que tení­a que ser interpretada por un vocalista invitado y esperamos que sea Kanye quien se encargue de hacerlo". Y bromeando, dijo: "No síé, podrí­amos hacer un pequño EP, y llamarlo Keane-ye o algo así­"

Sobre su encuentro con el rapero, Hughes añadió que "Habí­amos pensado pedirle que nos hiciera una remezcla, y al final hizo un poco de rap con You haven't told me anything".

No obstante, no tienen claro cómo publicar el tema: "No síé lo que vamos a hacer para que vea la luz. Intentaremos coger esa idea y trabajar en ella, porque serí­a una vergí¼enza sacarla sin haberla retocado".

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #37 en: Diciembre 23, 2008, 10:53:17 pm »
CHRISTMAS TREATS ON KM.COM

Hello folks. Welcome to our KWN Christmas special. 
WATCH THE XMAS BROADCAST IN FULL
Last week, Keane joined Gavin and Stacey's James Corden in a London studio for keanemusic.com's first ever live broadcast. Thousands of you tuned in and laughed along to a sparkling half hour chat about sprouts, golf, travel and trainers, which climaxed with Tom performing Snowed Under acoustically. But if you missed it, fear not, because you can watch the entire thing again at km.com here. You honestly won't find many better things to watch over Christmas. 
A CHRISTMAS TREAT ON THE VIDEO PLAYER
As loyal km.com readers will know, the band like to give you a bit of a Christmas treat on the site. This year we've got an absolute cracker for you, with an exclusive video of the chaps performing You Don't See Me at the Largo acoustic show in LA earlier this month. It's absolutely gorgeous. Click here to watch it. 
PERFECT SYMMETRY OUT ON MONDAY
Keane's new single, Perfect Symmetry, is out on Monday (Dec 29th) in the UK. From that day, you'll be able to get it in all good download stores and on CD/7-inch. If you'd like to pre-order the physical products, you can get them from the official Keane shop here. While you're in the shop, check out the tracklisting for the European live album, which has just been revealed. 
TOTP ON NYE
We're pleased to confirm that on New Year's Eve Keane will be appearing on a special edition of the BBC's Top Of The Pops programme performing Spiralling. The show is on BBC1 on Dec 31st at 5.35pm and promises to be a very good way to prepare yourself for 2009.

And that's it from us for this year. Thanks for all your amazing support for Keane in 2008. Here's wishing you all a brilliant Christmas and a terrific 2009.

KWN

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #38 en: Enero 10, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »
EXCLUSIVE Q&A WITH TIM

For the latest in our regular chats with the band, we called up Tim to talk about the upcoming tour, Keane's lost classic and a strange Swedish sleepwalk...

Hello Mr Rice-Oxley. How are you?
I'm fine, thank you.

Did you have a nice Christmas?
Yeah, pretty chilled out. Didn't do very much really. Watched quite a lot of Entourage and Spooks. It was good.

You're on record as saying that Christmas is something of a disappointment. Was that the case this year?
Well, Christmas Day was a disappointment because I had some nasty virus and spent most of the day either in bed or being sick. So that was a shame. But other than that, it's been nice to just inhabit the real world and be at home.

What were you doing at midnight on December 31st?
Probably reading a book. We went for the minimalist approach to festivities this year.

Are you excited about 2009?
Yeah, I think it's gonna be great. It's certainly going to be busy and it's nice to feel that the tour is finally getting going properly. We had that great European tour in November and then just as we were getting into the swing of it, we were back in London doing bits and bobs of promotion. It'll be good to get the Keane machine properly on the road all over the world.

Does it feel daunting having so much in the diary?
I'm looking forward to it, to be honest. Pretty much everyone in the world has to go out and work every day, so I try not to get too worried about the fact that we have to get out there and play a bit of music! It's going to be busy, but it's going to be great. So far the live shows have been really, really fun and I much prefer playing live to doing interviews.

Oh. Would you like to play piano for the rest of this phone call?
No, it's OK.

So, March 13th is the final gig of the ones that have been announced. Is it safe to say there will be more coming?
Yeah, I think we'll be busy until the end of the summer at least. And then we'll see where we stand. I imagine by that point we might be eager to get into writing again and thinking about new songs. But we'll just see how it goes. Everyone's very excited about the touring, so we just want to roll with that for the time being.

Do you have big plans for the upcoming UK shows, as they're in big arenas?
Yeah, I think we'll be stepping it up from what we were doing in Europe. We'll be really trying to bring some of the best elements from what we learned touring arenas last time, and combine that with a lot of new songs and a new visual identity. I think we've been a lot bolder and more colourful and high energy so far on this tour, and it'll be really nice to see that in a big venue setting. I also think that we've learned a lot about playing songs acoustically, from the European tour and also doing things like that Largo show. And I think we'll be trying to incorporate some of that spirit into the really big shows. I think the contrast should be really exciting.

The Largo and Union Chapel acoustic shows both went down incredibly well.
Yeah, it's turned out to be something that we really enjoy. There's quite a big thrill in just being exposed in that way and feeling like it's just about the moment and the four of you playing to a few people in the room. In contrast to the big production of a big show, there's something quite magical about taking it back to the very basic parts of the music.

Will the next single from the album be announced soon?
Yep, I've just been working on a radio edit of that.

Some people were a little unsure about the Perfect Symmetry radio edit, because it chopped out big parts of the song. Is it hard for you chopping your own song?
Yeah, I don't ever like doing radio edits. I hate it really. But it's a clear choice between your song being played on the radio and your song not being played on the radio. But it just acts as a taster for people. I don't feel like Keane's music is ever going to be adequately represented by one song being played on the radio, even if it was a six minute song. So really you've just got to do your best to get it on the airwaves then hope people hear it and come and hear the album, which I feel is the medium in which we really excel.

True. Although, saying that, at gigs you've been performing the radio edit of Spiralling.
Yeah. But that's mainly down to being really disorganised. We haven't got round to learning the full version! But we do quite enjoy playing the radio edit. That is actually the one Keane song I've ever felt was genuinely tightened up by the radio edit, rather than just becoming a snapshot of the song.

So, we've started posting up the archive of all the old gigs. Do you remember the first ever Keane show?
Yes, the Hope & Anchor on July 13th 1998. I've got the setlist here.

Did you play any songs we'd have heard of?
No, nothing. Apart from a cover of Paperback Writer.

So you subsequently dropped every other song?
Yeah.

Are there any on the setlist you wish you'd stuck with?
Yeah, I think there's some good songs on there.

Which is the real lost classic?
Well there was a song called Gingerbread, which was the last song we played at that show. That was the favourite among our friends. It was a really good song. I still think it would probably be a hit if you released it now.

You never recorded it?
Not properly, no. But every time I see Chris from Coldplay he always says, without fail, "When are you gonna release Gingerbread?" Which can only mean that my songwriting ability has gradually receded over the last ten years!

Could you still play it?
Pretty much, yeah. And I'm sure we've got it on a tape somewhere. But most of the songs we played that night were recorded on four-track at some point. So Gingerbread will probably appear on a Keane anthology eventually.

It looks from the gigs list that you didn't really start playing regularly until 2003.
Yeah, that's true. But I think there might be a couple missing from your list. I seem to remember we played at the Barfly in Sheffield. And the Night And Day in Manchester. Perhaps the fans can help fill in the gaps.

Of the early gigs, the one on 21 September 2000 leaps out as unusual, because you were supporting Chesney Hawkes! Do you remember it?
I do, vividly. We were offered that gig at the last minute. We were all at work and I remember Adam [Keane's manager] ringing up saying we'd been offered it. So we borrowed some instruments and just turned up and played a fairly ropey sort of gig. Actually, I seem to remember that our playing was slightly hampered by it being after two or three pints of beer. But we muddled through. And the thing I remember about Chesney is that there were quite a few people there, most of them female, but he didn't play The One And Only. It was quite bizarre not to play his big hit. But I think he was trying to re-launch himself as a serious musician.

And your last gig with Dom on guitar was on 12 July 2001 in London.
Yeah, I remember that. And then we didn't play again until the Night And Day, which I think would've been about September 2002.

How did you end up in Malmo in March 2003?
That came about because that gig we did at The Garage, in February, The Ark were also on the bill. They really liked our set, so they invited us to come and support them in Malmo. They paid for us to go over. It was great. We flew to Malmo and played this gig with a fantastic Swedish crowd and everyone was really nice to us. We had a really, really fun time. I particularly remember I was sharing a room with Tom and he sleepwalked down to the lobby of the hotel in his underpants in the middle of the night! They were a great band The Ark. A bit like The Darkness, but much better.

When you look at the list of the shows, do you remember them clearly?
There are specific ones I can remember. But then we must've played at the Bull And Gate three or four times and I can't remember all of them.

It seems like a long time ago since those very early shows.
I know, it's mad!

So, have you been writing any new songs?
A little bit. But I find you have to just absorb life a little bit. And I've been listening to a lot of music, which has been nice.

What have you been listening to?
I actually got given several copies of Alex James' autobiography for Christmas, even though I've already read it. But I was leafing through that again and that inspired me to go back and listen to some Blur, which I loved.

Which album?
My two favourites are Parklife and the self-titled one. Especially the latter. And Modern Life Is Rubbish is brilliant too. And I've been listening to that Amadou and Mariam album that came out before Christmas a lot. And, funnily enough, some of that is a collaboration with Damon Albarn. But I suppose I've just been trying to get out of the mindset in which I wrote the last album, so that when I start writing new songs, they'll come from a fresh place.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #39 en: Enero 10, 2009, 08:51:29 pm »
GIG ARCHIVE ON KM.COM
Over the next few days, we're going to be adding a full archive of every gig Keane have played to the LIVE section of keanemusic.com. We've already added all the shows the band played before 2004 (several of which Tim tells us about in his interview). Sign in to the site and you can add your comments and pictures for any of the shows you went to. 
LAST FEW UK TOUR TICKETS AVAILABLE
Although the official Keane shop has sold its allocation of tickets for most of the UK shows, there are still some tickets available from seetickets.com. Click here if you'd like to buy some (they're slightly cheaper since the VAT cut too). Oh, and look out on keanemusic.com for a live blog direct from tour rehearsals in the next week or two...

See you soon.

Keane Weekly Newsletter

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #40 en: Enero 20, 2009, 08:53:17 pm »
Hello again. Here's your latest round-up of Keane news.

LIVE BLOG FROM TOUR REHEARSALS
Tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon, keanemusic.com will be blogging live and direct from the band's rehearsal studio, where they're making final preparations for the UK tour. Head over to the site from lunchtime tomorrow for all the behind-the-scenes gossip, info and details of what snacks are available. Should be fun. 
TOUR SUPPORT ACTS CONFIRMED
We're pleased to confirm the opening acts for the upcoming tour, which begins in Belfast on Friday. For the first two shows - in Belfast and Dublin - support will come from Dublin-based band CODES. Click here to check out their MySpace. Then, for the rest of the tour, the band will be joined by upcoming electro-popster Frankmusik. Click here for more info on him. Both are well worth getting there early for. 
UK TOUR TICKETS UPDATE
There are still a limited number of tickets available for the UK dates from seetickets.com. Click here if you'd like to buy some. If you bought your tickets from the Keane shop, you should be receiving them any day now (if you haven't already). But if your tickets haven't arrived within five days of the show, then please email keanetickets@tsdshop.com or call +44 (0) 844 5670688 with your booking details and they'll sort you out.

Thanks folks.

Keane Weekly Newsletter

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #41 en: Enero 31, 2009, 08:51:54 pm »
NEW SINGLE REVEALED / NOTTINGHAM BLOG ON SUNDAY

Hello again folks. We hope you're all well.

NEXT SINGLE ANNOUNCED
We're very pleased to reveal that Keane's next single is Better Than This, which will be released on March 16th. Look out on keanemusic.com for details of the formats, artwork and B-sides. But to get you in the mood, click here to watch the band performing the track on Later with Jools Holland last year. 
LIVE BLOG ON SUNDAY
Following our recent live rehearsals blog , which gave you a behind-the-scenes look at preparations for the UK tour, we're heading to Nottingham Arena on Sunday for a blog from a gig. Join us at keanemusic.com for the usual access-all-areas pictures, videos, interviews and other stuff. Should be fun. 
NEW VIDEOS ON KM.COM
At the beginning of this week, we uploaded a couple of belting new videos to the km.com Video player. The first is part one of a mini documentary which Tom filmed on the band's trip to LA at the end of last year. The second is Tom's latest "What do you think of?" interview, featuring Little Britain star Matt Lucas. Both are very much worth watching. Click here to check them out.

That's about it for this time. Except to say that you should click here to watch arguably the best ever cover version of a Keane song...

Keane Weekly Newsletter

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #42 en: Febrero 19, 2009, 10:32:17 pm »
CATCH-UP WITH RICHARD
Click here to read our exclusive new interview with Richard at keanemusic.com. In it, he looks back on his highlights of the UK tour, looks forward to the band's Latin American trip and reveals what the very worst thing that can happen to a drummer is.

KEANE SHOP NEWS
Unfortunately, the Keane web shop is currently closed, following an announcement from its providers, Trinity Street, that they have ceased trading. This unfortunate situation has obviously come as a shock to us, but we will do our very best to make sure that all Keane orders are honoured. To help us with this, if you have an outstanding order, please email all of the information you have to keaneshop@googlemail.com, where we will deal with it as quickly as we can. For more information on this, please Click here .

US TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IMMINENT...
Shh, it's a bit of a secret, but those of you in the US of A (and, indeed, Canada) will be pleased to hear that we'll be announcing a full North American tour before the end of this week, with a special pre-sale due to kick off at the beginning of next week. Keep it locked to keanemusic.com for all the info

LIVE TWITTERING FROM THE O2 LAST WEEK
Last week, we launched the official Keane Twitter profile by spending an evening updating it live and direct from the last show of the UK tour at The O2. Head over to twitter.com/keaneofficial to check out our tweets/pictures and to add yourself as a follower. For those of you not familiar with Twitter, it's basically a site which allows its users to post little messages about themselves (a bit like Facebook status updates) and read the updates by people they're "following". It's quite fashionable at the moment.

LISTEN TO FRANK
If you've enjoyed Frankmusik's support slots on the UK tour, then we thought you might like to know that you can check out his snazzy new official site here .

That's about it for this one.

The Keane Weekly Newsletter

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #43 en: Marzo 06, 2009, 10:57:20 pm »
A SIGNED BETTER THAN THIS 7-INCH

Hello KWN folks. We're back with more news.

LOTS OF FESTIVAL SHOWS ANNOUNCED
In the past few days, www.keanemusic.com has announced a bunch of festivals which Keane will be playing at this summer. Here's the current list, with links to their websites:

2nd May: SOS 4.8 - Murcia Spain - click here for info/tickets
31st May: Pinkpop - Landgraaf, Holland - click here for info/tickets
20th June: TW Classic Festival - Werchter, Belgium - click here for info/tickets
10th July: Oxegen Festival - Eadestown, Ireland - click here for info/tickets
12th July: T In The Park Festival - Balado, UK - click here for info/tickets
22nd August: V Festival - Staffs, UK - click here for info/tickets
23rd August: V Festival - Chelmsford, UK - click here for info/tickets

It's shaping up to be a fun summer...

LATIN AMERICA COVERAGE ON KM.COM
Head over to keanemusic.com to check out Richard's Latin America photoblog, which has been charting the band's progress through Mexico, Colombia and Chile. Plus, you can check out fans' pictures from all the shows so far in the Live Archive . Tim has also been posting Twitters to the offiicial Keane Twitter page, which you'll find at www.twitter.com/keaneofficial.

WIN A SIGNED COPY OF BETTER THAN THIS
As you know, the next Keane single will be Better Than This, which is out on 16th March. If you'd like to see the artwork for the single, in all its mind-boggling glory, then click here . It's been a little while since we had an exclusive KWN competition, so we thought we'd offer you the chance to win a signed copy of the Better Than This 7-inch. If you think you could give it a good home, simply email your name and address to competitions@keanemusic.com before Thursday 19th March. First one picked on that date will have the signed 7-inch posted to them. You can also pre-order the 7-inch from HMV.com here .

That's about all for this time. Oh, but look out for an exciting announcement on keanemusic.com on Monday...

Keane Weekly Newsletter

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #44 en: Marzo 10, 2009, 11:43:29 pm »
LIVE 3D WEBCAST ON APRIL 2ND
On 2nd April 2009 Keane will make history with the world's first ever live webcast in 3D. The band will record the live session at London's legendary Abbey Road Studios, the home of The Beatles' historic first ever satellite broadcast, and will feature live mixed graphics from world-renowned digital artists D-Fuse.

3D glasses are available from the brand new keanemusic.com shop with the 7-inch of the new single Better Than This, which is out on 16th March. We're also hoping to show you how to make your own 3D glasses, on keanemusic.com.

The audio from the gig will also be simultaneously broadcast live on- air on Absolute Radio. The show will then be available to watch on-demand via keanemusic.com afterwards.

KEANE TO PLAY ISLAND ANNIVERSARY SHOW
2009 is the 50th anniversary of the founding of Island Records, arguably the most prestigious record label in the history of British music - and also home to Keane. To mark this milestone the label is collaborating with Island founder Chris Blackwell to arrange the Island 50 festival. The Island 50 festival will kick off in May 2009 with 'ISLAND LIFE' – a week of live shows by Island artists past and present, which will take place at London's Shepherds Bush Empire. One of those shows will be headlined by Keane on 30th May. Also playing that night will be Tom Tom Club and Ladyhawke.

Tickets go on general sale from Island50.com and other agents from 9am on Friday 13th March. But we've managed to bag a special allocation of tickets for the km.com massive, which will be sold via a pre-sale, tomorrow (Wed) at 9am from here (that link won't be live until then).. This link is password protected until 9am tomorrow. After 9am tomorrow the link will work fine, until the allocation of tickets has sold out. Don't worry, no password is needed. If you miss out on that, sign up to the mailing list at Island50.com to be part of a further exclusive ticket pre-sale from 9am on Thursday 12th March.

AUSTRALIA AND JAPAN TOUR ANNOUNCED
We're extremely pleased to announce that Keane will be heading over to Australia and Japan in April to play a bunch of shows. They are as follows:

APRIL
Mon 13th - Fremantle, Metro
Thurs 16th - Melbourne, The Palace
Fri 17th - Sydney, Metro
Mon 20th - Brisbane, Tivoli
Thurs 23rd - Osaka, Big Cat
Fri 24th - Tokyo, Studio Coast

Tickets go on sale at the end of this week. Keep an eye on keanemusic.com for the links.

SIGNED BETTER THAN THIS 7-INCH CONTEST
There's still time to enter the contest to win a signed 7-inch of Better Than This, which we first told you about in last week's KWN. If you'd like to win it, simply email your name and address to competitions@keanemusic.com before Thursday 19th March.

That's about it for this week. But don't forget to keep checking keanemusic.com. for blogs and news from the band's current Latin American tour.