INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Anette Olsson  (Leído 49516 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Anette Olsson
« Respuesta #75 en: Agosto 23, 2014, 11:53:47 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #76 en: Agosto 23, 2014, 11:55:53 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #77 en: Agosto 24, 2014, 07:17:08 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #78 en: Septiembre 04, 2014, 03:53:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #79 en: Septiembre 12, 2014, 04:23:01 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #80 en: Septiembre 14, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »
Entrevista

Here the interview made by the Admins:

C/Ma: Because you were no longer in the band when the Imaginaerum movie was released, we didn't really get to hear much on your opinions of the movie or what you thought of it. How did you feel when you saw the movie for the first time? What were some of your favorite memories about making the movie? Do you think you might like to do something like this again if ever given the opportunity, or would you prefer to leave acting to the professionals next time? 
Anette:  For me, I´ve always loved to act when I was younger so being in a movie was interesting but I must admit I was a bit skeptical to the whole idea and also I were really nervous during the whole recording. So many people, so many cameras gave me anxiety. But it was a nice memory still=) When I saw the movie I cried in the end. I thought the story was sad and I surely hope it gave the viewer some deeper thoughts. I would love to do more acting and preferably a musical and if I would get asked to act in a movie I would for sure try it again=)

C/Ma: Many fans were so so upset when you suddenly departed from Nightwish in the middle of the U.S. tour. Do you think you'll ever get the chance to make it up to them by touring the U.S. as a solo artist? Do you think touring the U.S. as a solo artist might be a possibility?
Anette: I also were upset and sad that I couldn't see all the US fans since I have loved being there and I really hope I can come with my solo or as a singer in another band one day. With my solo its all about money and time to come over since it normally costs to tour if you´re not a big artist. But let´s keep our fingers crossed for the future!

M: You have announced some gigs here and  there; but any chance there might be a full European or world tour in the near future?
Anette: In the future that can happen but at the moment I can only do gigs in weekends, shorter trips and festivals due to me studying 3 years. its really hard to make a choice in either direction and I want to study to get a good education as well as sing but I know that I can do both if I just plan properly. Whatever happens in the coming years will show what direction I´ll continue to follow. Life is like that. We choose a path and then that path can change depending on different things so who knows. But at this time I study full time and music is on the side.

M: Shine  was  a very personal album for you. Did  you find it difficult to sing about personal things?
Anette: Some of the songs were really hard, like Moving away, which I wrote after my mum got cancer. Every time I sing it, I feel a sting in my heart from that worrying time before she got recovered from her cancer.

M: Shine seems to have the theme of contrast between the good and bad sides of life. What sort of "theme" would you like to have for your next album?
Anette: I like the contrast between black and white - dark and light. For me, life has always been divided into those two and I am sure many of my coming lyrics will be in the same range but of course when writing songs and lyrics it all depends on my life and where I am at the moment. I wrote one song some months ago and that is a positive song in the same lyric style as my song SHINE so I continue with my writing style in coming songs too.

M: Do you think you will release a second solo album soon?
Anette: I would love to release it early next year but its also about the label and their wishes.

M: - Recently you announced you were in the studio again to record a "secret" song, for a "secret" project. So many secrets! Why all these secrets?
Anette: Cause sometimes we can't tell it all=)

M: - How do you see your future as a solo artist? What kinds of things do you expect?
Anette: I hope I can do some more albums and have fun with my music and of course sell albums here in Sweden too. I would love to have more fans in my home country.

M: You've gone back to school to study nursing. What made you choose this particular subject?
Anette: I´ve always been fascinated by hospitals and working there, helping others and especially working with children and babies. So I want to become a midwife or a nurse in children´s care. I have studied within the behavioral science too so I can also see myself higher up working as a manager in health care. We´ll see where I end up! I might even want to study further and take a higher degree. I take one day at a time and make new goals along the way.

M: How do you see your future as a solo artist? What kinds of things do you expect?
Anette: I don't expect anything cause music business is so hard nowadays.

C/Ma: You like to talk a lot about shopping, clothes, and fashion on your blog and are known for your unique sense of style by the way you dress onstage. Have you ever considered the idea of an "Anette Olzon" line of clothing, handbags, or perfume; like so many other singers out there?
Anette: Yes, I think about designing clothes every day and that is a dream I really would love to make come true. But its not so easy when you haven't worked in that field so the problem is that I would need help and a good mentor to teach me all the important things to make it a success

A: What personality traits do you value the most in people?
Anette: Kindness, honesty and the biggest heart=)

A: What's your favourite movie soundtrack and why?
Anette: Gladiator cause it´s just the best movie and the music is totally amazing from beginning to the end.

A: Do you like bands like Epica and Within Temptation? If so, what do you think about their latest albums "The Quantum Enigma" and "Hydra"?
Anette: Yes, I like both. I haven't heard Epica´s new album but most of WT`s songs from Hydra I´ve heard and I like it even if I must say I prefer the older WT albums when Sharon sang with her high birdlike voice. It was what made me love the band back then.

Questions from the fans:

C. (OSA admin):
 -You and your husband are both musicians, and also parents. How do you juggle home/family life while out on the road; especially when your two youngest children are not quite of school age yet?
Anette: We try and plan and help each other and I also have the best mother in the world who helps me and takes care of my little ones early mornings so I can go to school and work. Having people to help is what makes it work
 Adrian, (Madrid, Spain); Dark Passion Spanish site:
 -Do you remember when you wrote your first song? The very first one, I mean; even if you were 8 and [it] was absolutely childish. What was it about?
Anette: Haha, I made up songs in my head every day when walking home from school and they were always just a song about the day. So it could be about something that happened in the school yard but I don't remember a specific song. I just made them up while singing walking home from school.

Thayna Borges, (Manus, Brazil):
 -Of all the Nightwish songs, which one would you most like to sing that you haven't yet?
Anette: Swanheart or Bless the child

Laura Fernandez, (Spain):
-Are you looking forward to go to Madrid the 27th of November?
Anette: Yes, I am looking forward and I hope I can make the show and band sound great until then!
-Do you like to take photos with your fans after a show? Or you prefer to take some rest?
Anette: It depends on how I feel and how long of a show its been. With NW I was always exhausted since the songs were a bit demanding but with my own songs I am not so tired.

Ile Olzon:
-If you were told: do a cover of Tarja solo. What song would you choose?
Anette: I do love I walk alone so maybe that one=)
 Weronika Oszajca, (Poland):
Hello Anette. I would like to ask you about the simple things. What is your favorite color, favorite bands, what you listen to when you were a teenager? What countries would you like to visit someday? By the way, congratulations on a beautiful voice
Anette: Thanks so much Weronika for your kind words and here´s my answers:
Favourite color: Pink and black
Favourite bands: Alter bridge, Pain, Within temptation among others
Music I listened to when I was a teenager was: Carola, ABBA, Def Lepard, Heart, Steelheart, musicals, Donald Fagen, Celine Dion, Barbra Streisand, Madonna and Michael Jackson
Countries to visit: I´ve seen so many countries so not many left but Iceland, Alaska and Africa
 Anna, (Poland):
- Do you think about your next album? Do you write songs for it? Or do you want to do something different?
Anette: I don't write at the moment but I have done some songs already. I want SHINE 2 but this time it might be some more uptempo songs. I want a little bit more of guitars and rock on some songs.

Atharjatha, (Poland):
- Do you plan or want to sing in Swedish? What do you think about singing in your mother tongue?
Anette: yes, I really feel I want to sing in Swedish and have made a song in Swedish and it felt great to sing in my native language.

Dawid, (Poland):
- Looking back on your vocals on Dark Passion Play/Imaginaerum, are you pleased with yourself or would you change something?
Anette: I am pleased and love my vocals on both albums.
- With who would you like to sing in a duet and why?
Anette: Rammstein and Sting. Just love Rammstein´s music and sound, so brutal but great melodies. And Sting is my favorite male singer and it would be amazing since his music is in some ways a bit similar to some of my songs. The mood and softness.

Sabrina Liliana Fabris, (Italy):
-Any plans to tour in Italy in the near future, or to play any concerts there?
Anette: Nothing planned at the moment so come to Spain in november=)

Andreina Grimaldi:
-What is your singing technique for some of the high notes (like the D-sharp on "Storytime")? Do you have a vocal coach to help you with this training?
Anette: Not a vocal coach now but I´ve had training by a great teacher in the music university i Malmí¶ called Anna Lena Tideman. She is super good at belting and have given me lots of technical support.

Lucia Freire:
-Any plans to tour in Portugal anytime soon?
Anette: Nothing planned at the moment so come to Spain=)

Sarah Estevez Lois:
-How do you manage to juggle a musical career, family, *and* going back to school to become a nurse?
Anette: Its hard cause there are gigs I have to decline to play due to school and thats always a hard choice to make but since I´ve taken a decision I want to get an education and I am quite old to study already, I need to focus on that first. Music is on the side and I hope I can still make my music work during these coming years cause I love to sing.
Anette: What kind of jobs have you had in the past besides singing, and what kind of job would you be doing if you weren't a singer?
- I´ve made almost everything=) I´ve worked in a factory, in a hamburger restaurant, as a waitress, as a veterinarian assistant, in lots of different offices, as a hair dresser and more=)
Anette: Are you thinking of getting more tattoos? Do you have a particular one in mind right now?
 Yes, all the time=) I have one in mind and as soon as I can fly down to Hamburg I´ll do it at my tattoo girls place!

Angí¨lie Guíérin, (France):
-Which studies have you made before become a singer?
Anette: I don't know if you mean regular studies or as a singer? Regular studies I´ve been to restaurant school, hair dresser school, musical artist education, university studies within psychology, project management and leadership and organization. Within singing vocal lessons between age 16-25 and then musical artist studies, acting classes.
-Your personnal and familly lifes hasn't too difficult with your job ?
Anette: Its a bit stressful but I have a good husband and family to help me out.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #81 en: Septiembre 19, 2014, 05:29:50 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #82 en: Octubre 06, 2014, 08:34:02 pm »
Swedish singer Anette Olzon who got hers recognition mostly because she was bold enough to stepping in the shoes of Tarja Turunen after her departure from legendary Finnish band Nightwish in 2007. She recorded with them two albums, Dark Passion Play (2007) and Imaginaerum (2011). In that time the fans of the Finns were divided between the haters and lovers of a band without their darling Tarja. I believe that you all remember how many harsh words were then going on through media and social networks after that inglorius North American tour in 2012 when Anette was suddenly kicked out of the band and soon replaced by Floor Jansen. Anette Olzon then recovered from that shock and earlier this year released her debut solo album named Shine through earMusic. Shine is nothing else than a masterpiece in the fields of darker yet melancholic pop rock genre, shining mostly because of its catchines, powerful vocal performance, professional songwriting, deep, yet insightful lyrics and amazing production. Still Anette is not only that and beside everything mentioned she also did some interesting guest appearances, earlier in her career she took part in the Swedish AOR band Alyson Avenue and recently she recorded vocals for the new album of another AOR project Sapphire Eyes and yet that's not everything. Now Anette lives with her boyfriend, and Pain bassist, Johan Husgafvel and they have two sons, Seth, born July 2001 and Nemo, born in July 2010. Many other interesting things Anette revealed in the interview she kindly answered.
T.V.: Hi Anette! Thank you for taking some time to answer my questions. You are on your own now, with a solo album recently released, so how do you feel about everything?
Anette: At the moment I don't do so much with my solo career since I´ve started to study in the university and have to focus mainly on my studies, so it´s calm and peaceful. I have four gigs coming up in Spain in November so that will be fun though!
Anette Olzon - InterviewT.V.: Shine was released in March this year, so the initial enthusiasm, I think, calmed down and I wonder how do you look now at this album of yours?
Anette: I still love my album and I also believe that when I'll release my next album this album will get even more recognition because I believe it's a really good album.
T.V.: Indeed is a good album and it was in the making since 2009. So, how much of your personal touch is in it? It was written completely by yourself or it's done in major part by other composers?
Anette: I´ve been there writing all the songs together with my co-writers, so I´ve been part of it all and I've been there through the whole process.
T.V.: The production on the album is really fantastic. You worked on it also with some great names like Stefan í–rn who is songwriter and producer of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest winning track "Running Scared", plus some other renowned producers. It was mixed by Nicklas Flykt and Ronny Lahti, who is known for his work with Loreen and Roxette. Tell me how it was working with those experienced guys?
Anette: It was really nice and all the guys are so kind and talented. They made the whole process really easy.
T.V.: I remember reading somewhere that this is kind of a healing album for you after your mother got sick of cancer and yours departure from Nightwish, and that can be sensed also from the lyrics. How much truth is in those sayings?
Anette: I wrote the album from my heart and during 2009 while I was still in Nightwish, so I didn't know the whole situation would come and therefore there is nothing about the break-up in there, except from one song I wrote in 2012 - "One Million Faces". And that song came out of the sadness from the break-up with the band. All other songs are very personal and I wrote them about my life and mainly sad things, yes. I believe we have different faces and I keep a sadder side inside that I do not show to others so it has to come out somewhere and writing songs about it helps.
Anette Olzon - InterviewT.V.: And beside that what are other things that inspires you when you're writting lyrics and music?
Anette: It can be anything, but I do have a special thing for sad songs and lyrics.
T.V.: Shine was released by earMusic and I'm wondering how this collaboration with such a big label started and how are you satisfied with them?
Anette: I think its been an ok deal with them. They haven't done such a big PR for the album as I`d wished for, especially in Scandinavia. They are also a more rock/metal label so I guess it's harder for them to release a more pop/rock album like Shine.
T.V.: Some weeks ago you announced that you are working on a new song, any updates about it? Are you already working on a new album and if yes when can we expect it?
Anette: I´m doing some songs and some projects but I cant talk about any of it yet. In this business there are always secrets and hush-hush, so it can only be revealed when it's meant for it.
T.V.: Ok, I understand. Those who follow your Facebook profile couldn't miss a cappella interpretations of some Nightwish songs. What's the purpose of those and it seems that your fans accepted them very well...
Anette: I had wishes from fans to hear me sing the songs, so I did it, and especially songs I hadn't performed live with the band such as "Turn loose The Mermaid". They were happy about it and my a cappella videos have gotten a great response. To show that you don't need to have a studio with microphone and stuff to record and show your voice and also I want to show that I am not all perfect. I sing because I love it and I love to try new things. Having fun with music.
T.V.: You shot a video for the amazing song "Lies". How it was shoting it and I'm interested if there's any other video clip in preparations?
Anette: No singles or videos are coming, no. It was fun to shot it, but it was so cold..bra..

T.V.: You already had some live shows as a solo artist and I'm curious how the audience accepted you performing solo as Anette Olzon?
Anette: The gigs I´ve done so far have been all good and the audiences have been really nice and positive about them.
Anette Olzon - InterviewT.V.: Can you tell us if there's a tour through Europe or even overseas on the schedule in the near or not so distant future?
Anette: No tour is planned at the moment. As I told you I am studying now and also I have small children and I don't want to leave them for long periods as I did with my oldest son. Those days have to come later on in the future when they are older.
T.V.: Do you ever perform live any of Nightwish songs?
Anette: No, not yet.
T.V.: Recently you announced Axl Ludwig Ayez and Johnny Benson as new members of your line-up. Can you give us some more words/details about all the musicians you are working and play live with?
Anette: Well, these two guys are rockers from Malmí¶ and I haven't played with them before so we´ll see how it works out. For me, since I only hire musicians and not have a band, I can and will exchange musicians if needed but I do hope these guys will work perfectly, both musically as well as in coolness on stage.
T.V.: I can't skip this question and look some years back in time. How it was stepping back then in the shoes of Tarja Turunen and replace such an icon? I remember there was some kind of war going on online between the fans and non-fans of Tarja?
Anette: I didn't understand the whole situation at first, cause I didn't understand how big of an icon she was. And then in the beginning I didn't think about it at all because I was me and did my thing, but when the hatred started to flourish to my mail box, to the internet, to shows, then I asked myself what I was doing in that situation and it really made me insecure and unhappy.
Anette Olzon - InterviewT.V.: And there were a lot of harsh words between you and the rest of Nightwish after that inglorious American tour. How do you look at everything right now?
Anette: I am calmer of course and I don't hold a grudge to anyone in that camp, even if it was one of the worst things I`ve had to go through and the scars will be there forever.
T.V.: Were there any tensions inside the band even before your departure or it happened just out of nothing?
Anette: Not before I told them I was pregnant during the tour, then the turmoil started.
T.V.: You did some collaborations with acts such as Pain, Brother Firetribe, Swallow The Sun and Rasmus. How it was working with them and which one was the best one? If I can add, I really loved the Pain's "Follow Me" and Swallow The Sun's "Cathedral Walls"!
Anette: I loved my dear Pain heads so that's the one I cherish the most and also Brother Firetribe. Firetribe is doing music I love and close to where I come from and the guys are all so kind and sweet.
T.V.: Have you already got any enquirys to sing and become the frontwoman in any other band. Are you even looking out for joining any band right now?
Anette: I do some projects singing with others but no band at this moment. Not looking for a band since I don't have a lot of time even to do my own music.
Anette Olzon - InterviewT.V.: Ok, but you sing also in AOR project Sapphire Eyes and if I'm not mistaken the band has a new album on the way. It seems that you are open to various styles of music?
Anette: Yes, I sing almost everything and I do things I like and do not care so much about the genre and so on.
T.V.: You are in a relation and live with another great musician, Pain's bassist, Johan Husgafvel, and have two sons. How do you deal with and divide the time between music and family?
Anette: We both help each other out so we can do almost everything we want and I want to have him with me on the road, so we always try and fix, so he can play the gigs and get our parents and family to look after the kids while we are away.
T.V.: I think that would be all. What would you like to say in the end to our readers and your fans?
Anette: I hope you continue to follow me cause I will of course never stop doing music and next year will have some fun things for me in store, so stay tuned.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #83 en: Octubre 14, 2014, 10:40:37 pm »
Guardian Angel (Demo)

This song me, Niclas Olsson and wonderful guitar guru Patrik Sví¤rd recorded before I got in to Nightwish and the lyrics and melody are written by me and music by Niclas Olsson=)

Very rough demo, no mixing and so on but can be fun for you to listen=)

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #84 en: Octubre 27, 2014, 05:36:54 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #85 en: Octubre 28, 2014, 04:17:56 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #86 en: Noviembre 09, 2014, 10:10:52 pm »
Next year will be really fun for me when it comes to singing and early next year I can tell you more about my plans but still a secret. But good times ahead! And a new gig is booked so soon news about that!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #87 en: Noviembre 22, 2014, 07:43:52 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #88 en: Noviembre 23, 2014, 10:16:54 pm »

La banda!

Serena