INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 281719 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #585 en: Abril 18, 2012, 09:17:06 pm »
Ayer, Sharon ha asistido, junto a otras celebridades, a la lujosa fiesta organizada en la residencia dublinesa del propietario de hoteles John Fitzpatrick.

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/6624/613x459.jpg

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #586 en: Abril 19, 2012, 07:21:42 pm »
Hoy, la revista irlandesa Hot Press ha publicado su nuevo número con una entrevista a Sharon.

NEW MAG OUT 2D!! With @OfficialAslan @paulwellerHQ @KnowleWestboy @stewlee @spiritualized @laurasheeran @Sharon_Corr

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #587 en: Abril 19, 2012, 08:20:38 pm »
El pasado domingo 8 de abril, Sharon junto a su marido Gavin, Ingrid Hoey, Kathryn Thomas y otros miembros de The Voice, celebraron el lanzamiento del single Best Days de Brian Kennedy en el club dubliníés Buskers.

Voice celebrities keep it local for Brian's big night
By MF
Tuesday April 10 2012

THEY have their pick of VIP haunts but The Voice of Ireland mentors snubbed all the celebrity clubs to celebrate in the unlikely surroundings of Temple Bar.

The Diary can reveal how the red carpet was rolled out at Buskers nightclub for Brian Kennedy's launch party for his new single Best Days as they all unwound after the Easter Sunday live show.

He was joined by his mentors on the RTE show Kian Egan and Sharon Corr as they put all the on-screen rivalry aside to party the night away. Also joining in the wrap party was show host Kathryn Thomas and the Engine Room presenter Eoghan McDermott.

But unfortunately for the ladies in attendance, Niall 'Bressie' Breslin couldn't make it as he had an early flight back to London in the morning.

Kian's wife Jodi Albert wasn't there either as she was spending the night in London with baby Koa.

The gang started off the evening in the bar area of Buskers before being whisked down to a private area of Alchemy nightclub underneath.

An area was cordoned off for the shows' stars as well as many of the professional dancers, crew members and production team working on the show.

They were given the VIP treatment in the club after venue owners splashed the cash on over €1,000 worth of complimentary champers.

"They had hired bunny girls for the night for the Easter theme and there were bottles of Moet laid out on all the tables with miniature cream eggs and chocolate bunnies. "Everyone was just free to help themselves and there was no shortage of booze," said a source. "They wanted to make sure everyone had a great night and really looked after them."

Also spotted at the party was celebrity trainer Paul Byrne and wife Siobhan, alongside celebrity stylist Ingrid Hoey, a favourite of Amy Huberman.

One of the dancers was even spotted giving mentors Brian and Sharon a Salsa dance lesson.

"There may be some tension between the judges on the show but once the cameras are off, they all genuinely get on great and are becoming good friends," the source added.

And Brian has confirmed that he will be tuning into the new instalment of Celebrity Come Dine With Me, which runs all this week.

Starring Pippa O'Connor, Madeline Mulqueen, Holly Sweeney, Shane Byrne and Michael O'Doherty, he said he couldn't wait to watch it.

"I will do because before I did it, it was one of my favourite shows so when they asked to me to do it, I said 'Yes' straight away.

"It was an experience, it was fun and hopefully it did distract people from all the negativity going on and made people laugh at a bit."

He also said he's relishing the prospect of taking to the stage with all the 12 remaining contestants as well as the judges this Sunday.

Serena

• Moderador

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #589 en: Abril 26, 2012, 07:53:46 pm »
Esta noche, la cadena de televisión irlandesa RTí‰ emitirá su magací­n semanal de arte titulado The Works. En este episodio, aparecerá Sharon quien hablará sobre el cuadro Hellelil and Hildebrand, the Meeting on the Turret Stairs pintado en 1864 por el pintor irlandíés Frederic William Burton y que está inspirado en el poema medieval daníés con el mismo nombre, el cual relata la historia de como el rey, considerando al caballero Hildebrand un pretendiente inadecuado para su hija Hellelil, manda a sus hijos que lo asesinen; el cuadro representa el trágico abrazo final de los desdichados amantes.

Corr, O'Hanlon champion paintings
Thursday 26 April 2012

Tonight on RTí‰'s The Works, Sharon Corr and Ardal O'Hanlon champion pieces on the shortlist of RTí‰'s Masterpiece: Ireland's Favourite Painting campaign.

Sharon Corr champions Frederic William Burton

Corr will discuss Frederic William Burton's Meeting on The Turret Stairs and what the painting means to her.

She says: "I think it's a very emotional piece. The detail is absolutely stunning and it's so beautifully tender."

Corr also talks about her fondness for the National Gallery, where the painting is held. "My first date with my husband was here. We'd literally just met the night before in the Gaiety at some salsa club and we were walking up Baggot Street the next day and he said where will we go and I said let's go to the National Gallery because I'd never been there before. We did and it was so special and we've brought our kids back as well, like an anniversary. I'm terribly romantic, I really am a sucker for it all"

El cuadro

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #590 en: Abril 27, 2012, 11:32:00 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #591 en: Mayo 06, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »
Anoche, Sharon asistió a la fiesta que se celebró en Rockwood Music Hall, Nueva York, con motivo del lanzamiento del nuevo EP, titulado Training Up My Soul, del cantante norirlandíés John Gribbin

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #592 en: Mayo 17, 2012, 11:18:36 pm »
Entrevista Hot Press

Sitting in the quiet opulence of Dublin’s Four Seasons Hotel on a sunny Friday afternoon, Sharon Corr is enjoying a rare hour or two away from the treadmill. It’s certainly been a busy few months for the violinist, singer and songwriter with The Corrs – now a solo artist in her own right. Sipping a skinny latte, she explains how she juggles her commitments as a working musician, a mum, and more recently, as one of the star judges/coaches on RTí‰â€™s hit TV show, The Voice Of Ireland.

“I’m kind of travelling at high speed right now and I love every minute of it,” she says. “In the last couple of months alone, I’ve done a UK tour, a European tour and then I did the whole of Australia. Two days after I got back from Australia, I went to LA and then it was back home and straight into The Voice.”

Is she enjoying her role as talent judge?

“It’s all very exciting,” she says of The Voice, the project which has taken up most of her time in recent months. “It has been a rollercoaster. We’re in every Saturday and Sunday doing the show. Then you’re working with your artist on maybe Monday and Tuesday and you’re picking songs all week. I’m doing a lot of promotion, interviews etc., and obviously I’m minding my children and writing my new album as well.”

She reflects out loud on the fact that, for a younger generation in particular, she’s now better known for being a judge on a TV talent show than she is for being a member of a multi-million selling pop group. “Oh it’s definitely true and I think it’s terrific,” she says. “It allows me to get to a younger audience and to stay relevant. I’m about to record my second solo album and it’s helped me to understand my passion for music. And it’s not tied to The Corrs – it has its own momentum.

“It’s important that there is another audience out there for me,” she adds. “What’s very different is that when you’re in a band, the sum of the four is the picture rather than the individual. True, the lead singer is more recognised. But you don’t really get to know each member individually.”

As The Voice heads towards a conclusion, with the semi-finals and finals due over the next two weekends, Corr says her initial decision to take part in the show is more than justified.

“Why I liked The Voice when I was asked to do it, is because it nurtured the artists,” she explains. “The format didn’t discriminate from the get-go. Because we couldn’t see the performers, my ears decided that I liked this or I didn’t like that. You couldn’t discriminate because of looks or attitude or strut or outfit or anything like that. And I loved the fact that we all had to perform, as it created an equal playing field. The only difference between me and say, Nollaig or Vanessa or Kim on my team, is that I have more experience of the industry and I can help them how to navigate it better.”

Doing the show has, she says, confirmed her own belief that there is another aspect to her personality – one that she might explore in the future.

“Yeah, it definitely endorsed a couple of things I probably knew already about myself,” she ruminates. “I knew that I loved TV and that I was always incredibly comfortable in front of the cameras. A lot of bands hate it but I was never shy of it with The Corrs. I enjoyed being interviewed and the whole creative process of TV. When you get good TV and good music – I think it’s a fabulous cocktail and it works really well. I didn’t realise how comfortable and capable I would be, doing a complete show unscripted.

“In the past I was always a guest and I knew what I’d be asked – this time I’m coming up with stuff myself. I’m at that stage in my life where I’m literally approachable on doing anything. It’s a good way to be. Life changes constantly and you have to change with it. I’m open to everything – unless I decide it’s not good for me.”

Meanwhile she has been busy working on her new album, the follow-up to her solo debut Dream Of You. “I’ve been working with Don Mescall who has written for Celine Dion and Rascall Flatts and lots of other acts. We work really well as a duo. I would say it’s more rootsy and more organic than the first album. I’m heading towards something quite raw this time around.

“As soon as I finish with The Voice I’m going to spend the month of May writing with various different people. Then I’m doing festivals throughout Europe, in July and early August. Then I’ll record the album. I’m with Warner UK. It’s a worldwide deal and I realise that I have to deliver a great album.”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #593 en: Mayo 23, 2012, 08:19:45 pm »
El pasado 28 de abril, Sharon publicó en Twitter una imagen junto al actor británico Alan Cumming en un pub de Dublí­n. Hoy, gracias al equipo de Sharon sabemos que ese encuentro se debió a la grabación del nuevo programa de la cadena Sky Atlantic, titulado City Secrets, donde el actor hará un recorrido por las ciudades más importantes acompañado de algunos personajes famosos.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #594 en: Mayo 25, 2012, 07:22:18 pm »
Ayer, Sharon realizó una entrevista y sesión fotográfica para apoyar la candidatura de la ciudad de Drogheda para albergar el Fleadh Cheoil na hí‰ireann 2014.

Sharon Corr in Drogheda yesterday to promote the town's bid for the 2014 Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann

SHARON CORR is thinking local. The musician yesterday said she was fully behind efforts to bring the 2014 Fleadh Cheoil na hEireann to go her home county of Louth.

However, she wasn't quite as adamant in her support for Jedward in the Eurovision.

"My issue with it is, we have such a wealth of musical talent in this country, I'm wondering first of all why we entered the (Eurovision) competition, with Dustin a couple of years ago and now it's Jedward," the former Corrs musician said.

"They are gorgeous guys, I've met them, but I'm not sure how musical they are.

"I am in the middle of trying to launch a bid for an Irish music festival to be held here in Co Louth and it (music) kind of defines us as people and culturally it defines us.

"I don't want the article to turn out about them (Jedward). I think they are genuinely lovely guys; I'm just not sure about the musical content. I'm just being honest about it.

"I think we have amazing singers and why aren't they singing in the Eurovision?"

She declined to have her picture taken with a "Jedhead" -- but was gushing in her support of the fleadh.

"I think it (the Fleadh) is a joyous way to bring some revenue to the area of Louth and Meath," she said.

"It has the potential to earn about €40m for Louth and bring up to 400,000 visitors to the area and about 10,000 musicians.

"It is a 10-day festival and the fact that it is (about) music -- well, music has been my whole life."

Sharon, who is writing songs for her second solo album, said she would love to return to RTE's 'The Voice', if there is another series, as a judge.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #595 en: Mayo 30, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
El Brussels Summer Festival ha revelado que Sharon, junto a otros artistas, formará parte del cartel de la edición de este año. El concierto de Sharon tendrá lugar el sábado 11 de agosto a las 19:30h en Place des Palais, Bruselas.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #596 en: Junio 01, 2012, 06:45:33 pm »
Hoy, la página web de Melkweg ha anunciado el regreso de Sharon al local para dar un segundo concierto de la gira de Dream Of You el próximo sábado 4 de agosto a las 20:30h en la ciudad de Amsterdam.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #597 en: Junio 02, 2012, 05:17:58 pm »
Gracias a la estilista Ingrid Hoey, hemos sabido que ayer Sharon asistirá al programa de televisión irlandíés The Late Late Show, que celebraba su 50 aniversario en atena con entrevistas, actuaciones y apariciones especiales.

Just back from styling @Sharon_Corr with some amazing dresses for the late late this eve. X

Fotos

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #598 en: Junio 02, 2012, 10:59:58 pm »
´Los dos videos del Late Late Show!

Con Horselips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdcBNzq6Dx0&

Entrevista

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhEip0PEHQw&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #599 en: Junio 05, 2012, 04:14:56 pm »
El próximo sábado 23 de junio, Sharon actuará dentro de los festejos de verano de la ciudad de Guadalajara en el denominado Solsticio Folk que tendrá lugar de forma gratuita en el Merendero de San Roque a las 23:00h.