INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Cranberries  (Leído 118738 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Cranberries anuncian su vuelta!
« Respuesta #420 en: Agosto 04, 2014, 05:26:49 pm »

There is a really old one from June 1st 1991 taken in Cork Ireland at the Sir Henry’s which originally appeared online on the Dailyedge.ie ‘s website inside an article about the legendary venue and its memorabilia. It is unclear yet if this show is one of the last under the name The Cranberry Saw Us or one of the first (maybe the first) under the name The Cranberry’s. That’s History. Hope we’ll have more information one day.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #421 en: Diciembre 25, 2014, 05:03:17 pm »
Noel Hogan, guitarrista de la banda, cumple hoy 43 años!!
 FELICIDADES!!!!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #422 en: Marzo 04, 2015, 04:48:17 pm »
Fergal Lawler, baterí­a de la banda, cumple 44 años!!
FELICIDADES!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #423 en: Abril 02, 2015, 06:23:02 pm »
he Cranberries’ vocalist Dolores O’Riordan and guitarist Noel Hogan have signed a publishing partnership with Warner/Chappell Music UK, covering their share of the Irish rock band’s body of work from 1993-2004.

WCM will administer O’Riordan and Hogan’s worldwide rights to the band’s catalogue, including the UK No.1 record Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? (1993), Top 10 albums No Need To Argue (1994), To The Faithful Departed (1996) and Bury The Hatchet (1999), as well as the critically acclaimed Wake Up And Smell The Coffee (2003).

With album sales in excess of 40 million, the band have also enjoyed international success with tracks like Linger, Zombie, Ode to My Family and Dreams. During a 25-year tenure, they’ve picked up a number of accolades including an MTV EMA Best Song award for Zombie and a Juno Award for International Album Of The Year for No Need To Argue.

Richard Manners, managing director, Warner/Chappell UK said: “I am delighted Warner/Chappell will provide a home for the works of Dolores and Noel, and I am especially happy to be reunited with their amazing music having signed the band’s original publishing deal at the start of their career.

"This is a distinctive catalogue, melodically and lyrically, and their huge international success has given it a truly global reach. They continue to be popular and highly respected musicians today, and we look forward to working with them and their management team to create new opportunities for their outstanding compositions and build on their already impressive career.”

P.J. O’Riordan, manager for Dolores, commented: “We are really looking forward to collaborating with Warner/Chappell who have assembled an incredible team who share our values, passion and creativity for the band’s past works. I believe this will be a mutually successful and exciting journey for both parties.”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #424 en: Abril 29, 2015, 10:57:14 pm »
Hoy, Mike Hogan, bajista de la banda cumple 42 años!!
FELICIDADES!!!! :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #425 en: Mayo 07, 2015, 12:00:56 am »
Sort of breaking news today as several articles in the medias mention The Cranberries as playing a private concert in the new season of the TV show The Bachelorette. USA version. Season 11 premieres next May 18th on ABC.

Travelling across the Atlantic to Ireland, the dates are filled with explosive revelations and drama, as the group journeys to Dublin and a stop at the magnificent Christ Church Cathedral. The Bachelorette and one lucky man are treated to a private concert by the popular rock group The Cranberries. Then their Irish excursion moves on to Killarney with a romantic trip to the Blarney Castle to kiss the Blarney Stone.
It looks like all the episodes are now recorded so if true The Cranberries reformed at least for one day. Hope we can have more details soon as it would be the first show of the band in about 2 years and a half.
This is not the first time The Cranberries or Dolores solo appear on TV/Movies (Charmed, Click…) and it is always nice to see them in projects like this.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #426 en: Junio 02, 2015, 06:01:17 pm »
Strange as it sounds now but there was a time when The Cranberries were easily the most remarkable young band in Ireland having emerged, quite literally, from out of nowhere. Theirs is of course a well-worn and hoary old story, albeit one pock-marked with crudely-formed testimonials and urban myths. And this is something I’ll return to in a future post.

One of the early driving forces behind the band was, I think, Pearse Gilmore who, among other things, fronted his own group, Private World, and also ran Xeric, a studio and rehearsal complex located on Edward Street in Limerick city. A curious sampler album, ‘The Reindeer Age’, released in early 1990, showcased a mixed bag of Limerick bands, all of them captured on tape in Xeric by Gilmore. The likes of They Do It With Mirrors, Tuesday Blue, Toucandance, The Hitchers and Private World themselves were notables among the large cast. Something was clearly afoot.

The Cranberries didn’t feature on ‘The Reindeer Age’ and yet, within six months, had over-taken their peers on every level.I was on a watching brief at this time :- apart from [over] enthusing about them in a variety of different outlets, I was also scouting them for Setanta Records. Our attention had been drawn the previous year to a slipshod demo that featured an early version of ‘Linger’ and that had been circulated under the name The Cranberry Saw Us.  Indeed there was a point when Keith Cullen at Setanta felt he’d finally snared them. In the end, after a year-long harry-and-chase, the band signed with Island Records instead.

Myself and another young writer, Jim Carroll, reviewed them frequently and with no little zest around this time, often travelling together to shows in Limerick. The fact that The Cranberries were from outside of Dublin – well protected from the scene that celebrated itself– only made them more alluring. By the summer of 1991, a handful of emerging bands based in Ireland’s regions were cutting ferocious shapes. And the strength of that scene was reflected in the line-up at that year’s Cork Rock event in Sir Henry’s, which featured The Frank And Walters, The Sultans of Ping, Therapy, Toasted Heretic and The I.R.S. among others. It was The Cranberries, who also played, who went on to dominate them all.

I first met them for an early Hot Press interview one warm Saturday afternoon in Limerick and I couldn’t get over how naí¯ve they were. They told me that they had very few, if any influences, didn’t listen to many records and that their songs ‘just came out’. Noel Hogan was gilding the lily, without question, but Dolores was genuinely clueless.

Live they were fragile and very, very basic. Gilmore had given them a stylish spit-and-polish in studio, something they struggled to replicate when they played live. Noel and Mike were struggling with their instruments [guitar and bass respectively] and the drummer, Fergal Lawlor, was the band’s pivot. But even then it was Dolores who dominated. In a flicked page-boy cut, standard indie duds and fresh Doc Marten boots, she cut a familiar but magnetic presence :- after gigs she’d routinely change into a multi-coloured tracksuit and couldn’t really give a flying one.

This review, for Melody Maker magazine, is an earnest and awkward attempt to capture the band’s charm and their incredible promise, while alluding also to their gormlessness.I was struggling with my craft as manfully as The Cranberries were struggling with their instruments, resorting to An Emotional Fish for my sign-off.

The show in question took place in the confined spaces of the College Bar in University College Cork in October, 1991, to a small but very keen audience. Pearse Gilmore – a tall, lean and most distinctive man – was very prominent around the venue on the night, and especially around the sound-desk. The venue was a well-known sound-trap and quality audio there was often a difficult ask. Not that it mattered.

The Cranberries, in their own mild way, blew the place asunder.

This review appeared originally in Melody Maker magazine on October 19th, 1991. I’ve made some minor edits to the original copy.

The Cranberries are probably too tender for all of this but, right now, they have all of our hopes to weigh them down. They’re charming little innocents, so untouched, so perfect, so astoundingly pure. They’ve come from a city that isn’t Dublin, from a county where politics are conservative and where Gaelic games and rugby offer some small social hope. They think small, embarrassed by what they’ve suddenly become. By what we’ve painted them up to be.

To singer Dolores, pop songs have no truck with video and make-up, nothing to do with fanciful clothes. She’s stopped reading her band’s press because she doesn’t need us to tell her who she is. And when she stands still, saying little, in place like this, it’s because she’s unsure about all of the fuss. The Cranberries, understand, are charmingly naí¯ve ;- its their single greatest attribute. They have no idea how good they are, of how important they might yet become.

The Cranberries had never heard of The Sundays or The Throwing Muses nine months ago – their songs just happened, ‘they just came out’, and we believe that. They’re too frail to be contrived. And while lines like ‘I was just 16 years old when I married you, and now its just a stupid mess, I don’t know what to do’ seem trite, then you should understand that Dolores is eighteen years old and coming from what is essentially a very narrow rural tradition. And she writes nothing like The Saw Doctors.

Tonight is all very full ; lots of songs, gorgeous songs. ‘Put Me Down’ with its spine-shrill, jangle-and-hum, ‘Linger’ with its spellbound simplicity, ‘Dreams’ with its curious drum thud. Dolores even plays some acoustic guitar but it just looks all wrong, all too cumbersome for her. It still sounds very fine, of course, and ‘Reason’ and ‘Pathetic Senses’ become the huge, simmering pop songs that Johnny Marr, for instance, would collect and play. ‘Liar’ owes to Pixies’ ‘Is She Weird’ but we’re not here to look for clues.

We’re here to love a band wholly. To hug and kiss. Beauty does what beauty does best. Be beautiful.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #427 en: Junio 19, 2015, 04:49:53 pm »
As previously mentioned in our article, media recently revealed that The Cranberries would appear on a US TV show “Bachelorette” 2015.

Date of broadcast was unknown until then, though Inquisitr.com reported yesterday that the dates’ trip to Ireland including a private Cranberries concerts would be part of Week 6 episode of the season, airing on Monday 22nd at 8:00pm on ABC.

For those who do not live in the US, we will try to find a link for fans to watch it wherever they are in the world.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #428 en: Septiembre 02, 2015, 10:17:28 pm »
Yesterday and totally out of the blue appeared on the internet a brand new 27 minutes audio interview of The Cranberries minus Dolores. The weekly podcast is called “Coffee with a sign painter” and usually takes place in Starr Studios in Texas but this time it was recorded in Limerick Ireland. The exact recording date is not yet known but it sure is quite recent, “a few days ago” according to Noel Hogan’s Tumblr account. Host Sean Starr talks with Noel, Mike and Fergal about The Cranberries, the influence of Morrissey and The Smiths, the music industry, Limerick, family, life in the 80’s, not jamming together for fun on their time off, Sign Painting and the upcoming screening of the film Sign Painters at the Elemental Arts Festival in Limerick this coming September.

2015.07.14 starrstudiostx1

But the most important thing for any fans concerns the future plans / music of the band and it comes from Noel around minute 23:00 :

I think if we decided we were gonna do it like we did a few years ago around 2009, when we went back again you know, when we get back into it, it suddenly consumes everything again. You’re doing it, you’re away all the time and you are writing and you’re in the studio and we completely focus on that then when we get back into it.
So if it’s something we do again, and I’m sure we probably will, we’ll lead it at a time when we can all focus on that and not have kind of other things going on at the same time, because as I say, it’s such a big thing when we take off that you have to kind of commit 3 years of your life really to the thing. Cause sometimes you kinda tour short, you don’t go to one territory and next you get these fans that are seriously pissed off with you so you kinda have to keep everybody happy, that’s why it takes so long then.
So, will there be new music of The Cranberries ? Will there be concerts again ? No one can really tell for now but at least it doesn’t look impossible and that’s pretty good news !

Entrevista

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #429 en: Septiembre 10, 2015, 08:29:28 pm »
Dolores O'Riordan vocalista de la banda, cumplió el domingo 44 años!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #430 en: Diciembre 25, 2015, 06:57:22 pm »
Noel Hogan, guitarrista de la banda, cumple hoy 44 años!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #431 en: Diciembre 30, 2015, 11:31:49 pm »
Acaba de decir Noel que.....

To all asking.... Very soon I will have Cranberries news. Happy New Year.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #432 en: Enero 03, 2016, 08:35:38 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #433 en: Febrero 08, 2016, 07:04:27 pm »
THE Cranberries are return to the stage this summer for a series of shows, the band has confirmed.

The Limerick group, who have not performed live in several years, have announced details of one of a “few shows” planned for 2016.

Guitarist and songwriter Noel Hogan made the announcement on Twitter that the band would play at the Festi’neuch festival in Neuchatel, Switzerland on June 9, sharing a bill with Skunk Anansie.

The Limerick man tweeted: “This is one of a few shows planned for this summer. More Cranberries dates coming soon.”

The prospect of the group playing a gig in their native Limerick will raise excitement levels, with the 2,000 capacity King John’s Castle - soon to play host to The Coronas –appearing to be a natural fit for The Cranberries, who have not played in the city since a short performance at the 2010 Special Olympic Ireland Games opening ceremony.

Legal proceedings between Hogan and singer Dolores O'Riordan – who herself appeared in court recently in alleged air rage charges – were struck out last year.

The matter, which neither Cranberries star ever publicly commented on, was adjourned a number of times when it came before the court, before the motions were made to strike it out in July.

The pair, along with fellow members Mike Hogan and Fergal Lawler, resurrected The Cranberries in 2009 after almost seven years “on hiatus”.

They took new album Roses, their first since 2001’s Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, on a 107 date world tour, yet did not play in Ireland and have likewise not played since the tour finished.

In April last year, it was announced that the lucrative Cranberries’ back catalogue – belonging to Hogan and O’Riordan – was to move to the Warner/Chappell Music UK publishing group.

The duo signed a publishing partnership with the UK arm of Warner’s global music publishing company, home to Paolo Nutini, London Grammar, Muse and more.

The deal covers a more than 10-year body of work that includes mega-selling albums Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We? and No Need To Argue.

The agreement covers the period between 1993-2004 – the Cranberries’ most fruitful, with five multi-million selling albums - up to 40 million in sales - and includes the publishing rights to monster hits such as Linger, Zombie and Dreams.

During an interview last year, Mr Hogan explained that the band had more recently been involved in “other smaller projects” in their home city and had been spending time with family, adding that “nothing would ever be on the scale of The Cranberries, that is a bit of a monster in itself, so to have that once in your life, you are lucky”.

Asked if the band were likely to release more music and tour again, he said: “If we decided we were going to do it like we did a few years ago - around 2009 - when we get back into it, it (would) suddenly consume everything again. You are doing it, you are away all the time and writing and in the studio, completely focussing on that.

“So if it is something we do again, and I am sure we probably will, then we will need it at a time when we can all focus on that and not have other things going on, because it is such a big thing when we take off - you have to commit three years of your life to the thing.”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #434 en: Febrero 10, 2016, 04:02:03 pm »
Bospop festival official website , The Cranberries Saturday 9 July 2016