INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Within Temptation  (Leído 330653 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Within Temptation
« Respuesta #945 en: Agosto 12, 2013, 04:23:51 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #946 en: Agosto 16, 2013, 11:15:42 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #947 en: Agosto 21, 2013, 11:17:54 pm »
We’re picking new Pinterest winners, next week!

Every month, until the start of our World Tour in 2014, we’re giving away a canvas signed by Sharon to four lucky winners. We have set up a Pinterest competition, collecting who’s coming to see us during the 2014 tour, on our “Within Temptation World Tour”-board.

You can still join the competition to be one of this month’s lucky winners! Read how you can join, below.
We’re announcing the winners in our newsletter, so make sure you’re signed up to see if you won, stay up to date on all Within Temptation news and to read Robert’s weekly studio updates when our little holiday break is over.

Here’s how you can join the Pinterest competition:

1. Create a Pinterest account and follow us
2. Repin this post
3. Take a photo of yourself holding your ticket to one of our shows
4. Upload it to Pinterest
5. Use #WTworldtour, add the show you’re coming to and… Pin it!

We will collect all of your pictures on our “Within Temptation World Tour”-board on our Pinterest page. NOTE: The pictures do not appear on our board automatically, we have to manually repin them so please be patient. Post the URL to your photo in the comments below, if you don’t see your picture amongst the others even though we’ve been adding more.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #948 en: Agosto 23, 2013, 06:26:00 pm »
After a little break, we’re on our way to Norway for two shows this weekend.

Tonight, we’re headed to Trondheim for our show at Trondheim Concerts. The show is taking place at the courtyard of the Nidarosdomen. For more information on the festival, visit www.trondheimconcerts.no.

Tomorrow, we’re doing a club show at the Sentrum Scene in Oslo! This is a full Within Temptation show, in between festivals. There are still some tickets available. You can get them here.

We are reaching the end of the festival season. After these shows, we’re visiting En Vivo in Spain and Rock’n Coke in Turkey as final festival dates.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #949 en: Agosto 23, 2013, 06:28:40 pm »
We promised we’d let you hear a little more of the upcoming single this week. We have more in store for you!

Today, we are announcing the title and the lyrics of the new single, which will be released soon!

The title of the new single is………….
“Paradise (What About Us?)”

You can read the lyrics in the video, below.
Ruud has been shredding his guitar like a mad man, recording for the new album, so enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OuvJ4xSQAw

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #950 en: Agosto 25, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #951 en: Agosto 25, 2013, 06:19:40 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #952 en: Agosto 30, 2013, 03:48:35 pm »
“Paradise (What About Us?)”  will be released as an EP, containing four new songs.

In addition to Paradise (What About Us?), the EP will contain demo versions of three brand new songs:
“Let Us Burn”, “Silver Moonlight” and “Dog Days”.

By releasing these demos we want to invite you in our home studio and show how we capture song ideas at an early stage of creating a new album. These demo versions are far from their final sound on the album, but will give you a hint of what we’re working on.  It will be fascinating to hear how the end result will sound like, once the album is released.

We hope to make the waiting time for the new album a little shorter and sweeter with this release. It’s so exciting to share the different stages of our music with you. Stay tuned for more important news on the EP.

The EP Paradise (What About Us?), will be released on Friday September 27th world wide and on October 1st in North America

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #953 en: Agosto 30, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »
haron's studio update: Hello,
This weekend I came back from Norway on Sunday. As soon as the silence had returned in our home in the evening, Robert and I were alone again with our digital writing paper and we had to finish the lyrics for a song called 'RUN', which is just a demo title for now. I was scheduled to sing on tuesday. Most times we work best under pressure but the words wouldn't come.

When we write a new song, the 'yoghurt' lyrics, as we like to call them, for the demo already head towards a specific subject and that does make it easier, except that night.  A lot of times we fall in love with certain words or the sound of certain words because it just fits the emotion somehow, although they don't make real sense or it isn't as poetic as you would like it to be and that is where the search for the right words with the right sound start.

We continued on monday and didn't finish it until late in the evening. Than I had the "brilliant" idea to let Buffi Dubberman double check the lyrics before I had to start in the studio the next day. Our lovely lyric slayer made time for it even though she was asked on the spot and was very busy with her new book '30 ways to save your ass in English', great title don't you think and how suitable in this situation... hahaha...

Buffi and WT go way back. We started to work with each other for the first time during 'The Silent Force' album. Luckily for us, she knows how chaotic creative minds can be.

Recordings went pretty smooth the next day and we worked from 11.00 until 23.00. We recorded it all including backing vocals and add lips. Robert had already started to finish lyrics for another song in the meantime and on Wednesday I was back in the studio to record a song called 'Roses'. It did help that we already had a big part done concerning vocal lines & lyrics when we did the pre-studio demos but it can still be a big puzzle to finish it.

Everyone was pretty beat by the day before and we stopped at 18.00 hrs. Still had to pack my bags before I went to Bilbao Spain the next day. That is were I'm now. We have a few hours left and than we hit the stage at En Vivo festival.

Next week we'll be back with a new report, so stay tuned!

Sharon, Ruud, Stefan, Martijn, Jeroen, Mike and Robert

Within Temptation

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #954 en: Agosto 31, 2013, 04:20:35 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #955 en: Septiembre 06, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »
This weekend, we’re coming to Rock’n Coke in Istanbul for the very last show of the festival season.

We already visited Poland, Switserland, Austria, the Czech Republic, Belgium, Russia, Finland, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Spain and the Netherlands and Turkey is the last stop for our festival season.

Ruud won’t be able to join us on stage for this show, as he will be playing with his acoustic Iron Maiden cover project Maiden uniteD in Germany this weekend. Fortunately, Robert can fill in and will be rocking the stage with us this Sunday.

You can find more information on Rock’n Coke here.

We’re excited to visit Istanbul again and to see you there!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #956 en: Septiembre 06, 2013, 06:47:47 pm »
Studio update
Sharon's studio update: After the show in Bilbao, Spain, we had to work full force on the upcoming album, again. We were all a bit on the edge. There was so much on our plate and there's no space or time for anything to go wrong. On the schedule of this week; video editing, recording vocals on 'Silver moonlight' & extras on 'Roses', finishing the CD-cover and decide on artwork, writing lyrics for 'Dangerous', writing a studio report, etcetera.

Monday I was editing the new video with Maarten Welzen. Going through all the shots of the band and our 'mystery guest'. There were a million shots to choose from and we were both glad we could do this together. It was like a big puzzle with a lot of options for the same missing part. Putting the frames in the right timing with the music & colour grading. Although we decided on all the scenes that day, until Friday this is going to be on going process. The storyline of the video was all ready done by Tim SmiT & Maarten so that was one worry less.  Without any doubt this is our best video so far on every level.  I'm so proud!!!

On Tuesday we were finalising the lyrics for 'Silver Moonlight' and decided to throw away the album cover which was all most done. It was good, but it wasn't special enough. Our new album cover should visualise what people can expect sound wise. In this case? More modern although the image itself is something that would always fit with our identity. It's a combination of old and new elements. You'll understand what I mean when you get to see it.  It has to be done on Friday.

Wednesday, we recorded the vocals for 'Silver Moonlight' which is a heavy m.f., although you wouldn't think so with this title. I can tell you there's nothing sweet about this song…lol. On the demo you can even hear Robert growling again. It will appear on the EP.
In the evening we had a meeting about packaging of the new album, special editions, stuff like that.

Thursday, we were back in the studio for extra vocals. Besides the normal vocals, I had to do some pretty weird stuff, which we're going to play around with sound wise.  Daniel Gibson said at a certain point: "Can you sing this 'ohoh'".  I glanced at him trying to figure out if he was serious and he smiled "I know, you'll sound like a seal, but I have such a great idea what we can do with that".  Why I said "ok", I still don't know,  but I said "if you ever use this against me… I'll know where to find you" and I smiled back. It wasn't the last idiotic sound I had to make for the recordings that day, but I'm glad you'll NEVER hear it.

Friday,  it's D-day, I'm glad this week is all most done and we have a great excuse not to work on the album this weekend. We're going to Turkey to play at Rock 'n Coke in Istanbul which will be the last festival for us this year.
Still have to go into the lyrics of 'Dangerous', so I have to get back to the heart of our universe at this point in time 'our album'.

Have a great weekend!
Ciao, Sharon

Sharon, Ruud, Stefan, Martijn, Jeroen, Mike and Robert

Within Temptation

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #957 en: Septiembre 09, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #958 en: Septiembre 13, 2013, 03:41:02 pm »
On September 27, Within Temptation will release the ‘Paradise (What About Us?)’ EP and promotional video, featuring a unique collaboration with classically trained Finnish rock diva, Tarja Turunen guesting on the title track.

Sharon comments, “When we had written the first version of ‘Paradise’ and listened back to the demo we’d recorded and the epic power of the song, we thought of Tarja instantly.  How well this track would fit her classical voice and how extra special it would be if we sang it together.  The more we thought about this wild idea, the more excited we got about it!”

Following several video trailers teasing the track, fans have been speculating on the band’s Facebook page who the duet would be with, some guessing it couldn’t possibly be a “competing” artist like Tarja. However, the two singers had no hesitation joining forces, having never thought of themselves as competitors!  Sharon continues, “Of course I didn’t know what to expect from Tarja, as we’d never actually met in person ‘til June this year.  Our first encounter was via a Skype call we’d set-up to discuss the collaboration and we immediately clicked, not only creatively but personally.  After we’d spoken, it felt completely natural that we would do this together!”

Tarja adds, “It was very nice to finally meet Sharon and the Within Temptation guys.  I truly appreciate the invitation and the opportunity to work with them on their song ‘Paradise’.  So wonderful that they thought of me!  I hope our fans will like this ‘girl power’ duet!”

The song and accompanying music video share a central theme; that only constructive cooperation can lead to creation.  To establish a new paradise, rising from the ashes of the old, we must work together.

For the first time, Within Temptation have also decided to give fans a very intimate insight into how they capture their song ideas early on. The EP will contain 3 additional tracks – demo versions of brand new songs intended for the forthcoming album. The demos include ‘Let Us Burn’, ‘Silver Moonlight’, and ‘Dog Days’. Despite the demo versions missing intended symphonic, orchestral sounds and a finished mix, the powerful energy surging through the tracks can be heard right from the start.

The duet between Sharon and Tarja is just one facet of the new material. Robert reveals, “For the first time, Within Temptation will release an album with several artistic collaborations, some of which will be seen as groundbreaking for our band and musical style.”

Consequently, the recording and production of the sixth studio album is still underway. With a release date set for end of January 2014, it is therefore necessary to reschedule the previously announced first leg of the band’s worldwide tour to allow time to rehearse the live show and prepare for the album’s release.

The band’s world tour will now begin on February 26, 2014 in Helsinki, with some newly added Eastern European dates, announced today, which will go on sale on Friday September 20, 2013. The rescheduled shows will kick off on April 6 in Munich and run through to May 2 in Amsterdam. The band intends to add further overseas dates during the remainder of 2014.

Robert says: “We understand that the rescheduled tour dates are a blow for the many fans who have bought tickets early and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.  We hope they feel a little compensated by the release of our new, special priced 4-song EP, which gives them full insight into the kind of album we are working on.  To make up for the rescheduled dates, we’re now pressured to work even harder to deliver our best and most impressive live production ever on the upcoming tour, however the completion of a great new album is a prerequisite for that!  And therefore the only option was to reschedule the dates for Western Europe.”

Tickets that have been purchased already will remain valid for the rescheduled dates.

Pre-order of the digital EP starts today, September 13. Pre-order it here.

Within Temptation - Paradise (What About Us?) featuring Tarja

Tracklisting:
1. Paradise (What About Us?) feat. Tarja
2. Let Us Burn (demo version)
3. Silver Moonlight (demo version)
4. Dog Days (demo version)

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #959 en: Septiembre 13, 2013, 03:54:46 pm »
« Última modificación: Septiembre 13, 2013, 03:57:01 pm por Serena »