INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Delain  (Leído 113172 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re:Delain
« Respuesta #495 en: Noviembre 29, 2019, 04:43:48 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #496 en: Noviembre 30, 2019, 07:18:50 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #497 en: Diciembre 01, 2019, 06:51:22 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #498 en: Diciembre 02, 2019, 06:58:40 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #499 en: Diciembre 04, 2019, 04:30:06 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #500 en: Diciembre 05, 2019, 05:34:27 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #501 en: Diciembre 06, 2019, 12:40:09 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #502 en: Diciembre 07, 2019, 04:27:34 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #503 en: Enero 23, 2020, 07:24:43 pm »
The Dutch symphonic metal band Delain exploded on the scene in 2006 with their debut album, Lucidity, with an astonishing mix of power metal and gothic rock. The group was formed by former Within Temptation keyboard player Martijn Westerholt and powerhouse singer Charlotte Wessels, and has been on the metal scene ever since.

Delain’s sixth studio album, Apocalypse & Chill, arrives on February 7, with new sounds for the group, including a strong electronic influence.

Wessels spoke to Heavy Consequence for the latest column “Beyond the Boys’s Club”, discussing the new album, the musicians who inspired it, how she had to defend herself as a woman in music, and more. Read the full interview below.
On the meaning of the group’s new album, Apocalypse & Chill

The album itself speaks of a zeitgeist. It’s about the feeling of watching the news and seeing the world on fire, then looking at your social media and seeing everyone’s seemingly perfect life and asking yourself, how is it the same world? The term “Netflix and chill” has become so big too. It seems to me that people’s online lives are becoming more important than their real lives, and that is also expressed in the title.
Why she thinks Apocalypse & Chill will surprise fans

There are several things we have never done before. Very obvious from the start is that [the guitarist] Timo [Somers] sings in the first song. He only backed up on tracks before that, and he’s a very important player. The first half of the album is very heavy in electronic sounds, and generally we lean more on the symphonic side. This symphonic side is at the end of the album, and there are many, but I can imagine that there are fans who hold their breath the first half of the album. Another way this album is different is that we worked with a real choir for the first time. I am delighted that fans are hearing this new music.
On his favorite song from Apocalypse & Chill

“Legions of the Lost” is the one I like. There is a lot in this song which is big and heavy, and I think fans who love our symphonic sound will love it. But, my favorite changes every day. I don’t know which songs will be the most popular with fans, so I’m really curious to know that when the album is released.
On what she hopes fans will get out of the album

Sometimes when you write something, you feel like you know people will relate to it. This album is diverse, we have different listeners and they will take away different things. For example, I really like the ballad over there, “Ghost House Heart”, but I know more than one metal fan who walks right past any ballad on any album. Personally, I am always very happy when people can understand the lyrics. On this album, there is as much the “apocalyptic” side as the “chill” side. I honestly wonder what they will do with it. I can’t wait to hear what they think.
On how the world of metal has changed since its inception, with regard to women in metal

It’s always a hot debate. Should we use the term “metal with female front” or not? The answer is no! I think this is a subject where things are gradually changing. There are so many of us and I think the number of women in the metal world will continue to grow organically. People sometimes forget that a very short time ago, women did not even receive education or musical education. They ask, “Why weren’t these great classic pieces written by women?” Because they had no education! This is something that has changed. Women have the freedom to choose what to do. Women can now choose to pursue careers in music and metal. This is a very important step in all of this to stop treating metal women like unicorns. Also, when people are too impressed with the fact that a woman can make music, I think that is not a good sign. I think people should treat women in music like musicians, above all.

If women are more involved in hard rock and metal today

I always felt like I was kissed, but … how do I say that? I would also kiss puppies in heavy metal, but I don’t know if I would trust them to write very impressive riffs. That way, I always felt kissed, but sometimes you feel kissed without being taken seriously. I always felt very welcome, but sometimes it seems that I am not welcomed for the right reasons.
To defend yourself as a woman in the world of heavy metal

There have been very annoying cases where even the members of my group did not know what was going on. I asked managers to undress me for photos. I was told that if I was not comfortable with my photoshopped body, I would have a problem. There was a year, in particular, where most of my energy went to what I didn’t want to do in music instead of what I wanted to do in music. So I was pretty angry. There is a lot of power to say no. You might scare some people who don’t want to work with you anymore, but let’s be honest – you don’t want to work with them anyway.
On the women who inspired her in music

I have always loved Kate Bush. I think she is a fantastic performer and composer. Also, Joni Mitchell. And I always liked Within Temptation, which I know funny because I’m part of a group with Martijn. When Mother Earth came out, I was 13 or 14 and went to all the concerts I could go to. I loved this group.
On the advice she would give to other women who want to get into music

Go for it. What I did as a teenager was that I would do everything with music, all styles. I was in two choirs, three groups – I would just do all the things, because you can learn from all these things. You never know what will make the ball roll. In addition, it’s so good to have this real crowd experience.

Thanks to Charlotte Wessels for taking the time to talk to us. Pre-order Delain’s Apocalypse & Chill album through various outlets.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #504 en: Enero 24, 2020, 08:49:24 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #505 en: Febrero 07, 2020, 05:48:45 pm »

Serena

• Moderador