INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Tarja Turunen  (Leído 341042 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Tarja Turunen
« Respuesta #360 en: Febrero 17, 2010, 10:52:42 pm »
Some of you were wondering that 17 songs is quite much for an album. Not all the songs are going to end up on the actual album.

We need bonus tracks and b-sides for different territories and singles. In the worldwide release, there are always countries asking for bonuses. On my album you can expect to have around 11-12 songs. I am lucky though to have more than enough material.

Last night Alex finished his guitar parts and today he returned back to Germany in the morning.

The band recordings are pretty much done now. We still need the keyboards and cello parts. These two instruments are not going to be recorded here at Petrax, but both Christian and Max are recording in their home studios.

We had some guests in Hollola today. Max helped us to contact musicians from Lahti symphony orchestra to record a string quartet. Max played himself the cello parts and did the arrangement for the quartet. The recordings went really well and the sound I was seeking for, was accomplished.

Thanks to Jyrki, Pauline and Ríémi.
It was really great to have all my “band mates” here with me. We had a good time together in these sessions and the results are speaking. The songs are really getting tight, even though they are still missing quite few elements.

I read in the blog that many were surprised to see how fast the recordings are progressing. Have in mind that we have been working, discussing and living with these songs for nearly 2 years in some cases. So at the moment of the actual recording, everything is very clear already.

Tomorrow the vocal session will begin, so wish me good luck 

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #361 en: Febrero 17, 2010, 10:59:36 pm »
Concurso!!

Show de í“pera Rock: Haz un video para el concierto

En el 2010 Miskoc Opera Festival's Opera-Rock Show, Tarja Turunen ofrecerá un concierto titulado "Classic and Divine" acompañada por una orquesta sinfónica y coro. Los organizadores decidieron anunciar un concurso para que los fans realicen un video de 1 – 1.5 minutos de duración para promocionar el evento. Los participantes pueden utilizar fotografí­as, videos o canciones de Tarja para la realización del video. Los 3 ganadores del concierto serán elegidos por Tarja personalmente.
Premios:
Primer premio: dos entradas para el concierto Classic and Divine, un paquete de regalos de Tarja, y un encuentro con Tarja tras bambalinas (solo para el ganador del concurso).
Segundo premio: dos entradas para el concierto y un paquete de regalos de Tarja.
Tercer premio: dos entradas para el concierto.
Todos los videos enviados serán presentados en el canal oficial de youtube del concierto (http://www.youtube.com/user/operarockshow), así­ que por favor enví­en videos que se puedan usar en youtube (en tíérminos de tamaño y formato). Los videos deben ser enviados a esta dirección de mail: video@operarockshow.hu.

La fecha lí­mite es el 1° de Mayo de 2010.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #362 en: Febrero 20, 2010, 11:15:46 pm »
Yesterday was a quiet day. Only Jetro, Marcelo and I were working in the studio making edits for the songs already recorded by the band.

It’s great to be able to realize that some of the songs are already ready, just missing my vocals…

I was using one microphone that I very much liked in my previous recordings, but when we started asking for it long time ago, we couldn’t find that microphone in Finland at all! 

So yesterday we went through quite many microphones that we had here with us and it was very useful. There can be really big differences between microphones and from my experience, the ones that are usually used in vocal recordings, are not so good for my voice.

Most of the microphones cannot handle my high register, so I need to find one that has good high end, but that can also be warm enough to transmit the softer moments.

I am going to be recording my vocals in two different studios; in Petrax where I am singing most of the “rock” tracks and in El Pie Studios in Buenos Aires where the more organic, movie kind of songs will be recorded.
Today we had another guest with us. Marzi Nyman came to add his guitar effects for some of my songs

know Marzi already from my Xmas concerts. He has been playing on my last couple of tours in Finland and I have always loved his way of using the pedals and effects.

He creates unbelievable moods as Doug does with bass.

Some of the songs on this album require special atmospheres and its better to do them organic ways rather than using samples.

Thank you Marzi for your thoughtful work.

Another nice thing happened today. I received the first orchestra arrangement from Jim and I have to say again that he is SO talented. He just blows me away every time with his work.

The orchestra will sound massive and beautiful, just as I wished it would sound. Just wait to hear!

I started recording vocals for the first song “LL”. It was the easiest choice to start with. The song will be absolutely and definitely the heaviest track on my album and written by Alex, Johnny and me.

I think everything went fine with the song and it was fun to record it. Very easy, took me just few takes to get it right
I’m heading towards new challenges tomorrow.

With love, Tarja

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #363 en: Febrero 21, 2010, 02:52:13 pm »
The Good Die Young - Scorpions (radio edition) se oye a Tarja en los coros (esperemos q en la versión normal cante más)  :82:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6BaR8zjar8

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #364 en: Febrero 21, 2010, 06:54:32 pm »
Esta bien!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #365 en: Febrero 22, 2010, 10:53:40 pm »
Tarja en Wacken Open Air 2010!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #366 en: Febrero 23, 2010, 10:26:10 pm »
I recorded my first ever piano tracks for “U” and “TAOLD”! The grand piano in the studio is Bechstein which sound I truly love. Bechstein is very moody piano in general. I have the same brand at home as well. In these songs you will easily “recognise” me playing the piano parts, instead of a professional pianist.

So if I don’t consider myself as a piano player, you shouldn’t do that either 

The feeling in these songs is the most important matter and I think I captured it. It has been really nice experience for me to work with our engineer Jetro who has been so supportive and a great help in my “troubles”. He has good ears and is very, very fast and talented.

Still feels awkward to be playing an instrument (rather than my voice) in songs where Mike Terrana, Doug Wimbish, Will Calhoun, Alex Scholpp, Christian Kretschmar and Marzi Nyman are displaying their talents

I received already the second orchestra arrangement today and it sounds very promising as well, so we are progressing. I was also recording vocals for one song that is considered by the record company and all the musicians to be one of the first singles. Let’s see later if you like it or not 

Today we said goodbye to Petrax and it’s lovely people, Tiina and Petri. We were really happy to work at their beautiful place and I am sure it won’t be the last time they will see us there. Everything went marvellous and we felt like being at home. Many thanks to Tiina for the delicious food and care and Petri for his support, efforts and understanding. We wish them just the best.

We will resume the vocal recordings later. These couple of weeks have been full of work and concentration, since I am producing this album on my own and with the help of the dear ones around. Now I think I need at least some rest.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #367 en: Febrero 23, 2010, 10:27:28 pm »
I will leave you in the meantime with few lines of a song I already recorded my vocals.

Who can change this memory?

Inside it needs to burn

Worship by the enemy

The guilty take their turns

Watching as it’s disappearing

Shadows all that remain

Wishes slowly crossing over

In this parade of pain

I will come back to you soon.

With love, Tarja

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #368 en: Febrero 24, 2010, 01:53:03 pm »

Extracto de entrevista a Rudolf Schenker de Scorpions sobre el nuevo disco y en la q se refiere a Tarja  :016:

The Gauntlet: Are there any guest vocalists like in the past?

Rudolf: Yes. One woman named Tarja [Turunen]. She is the old woman from a band called Nightwish. She is on the song "The Good Die Young".

The Gauntlet: I don't think she is an old woman though.

Rudolf: What! [laughs] No a young woman. I meant she was the old or last singer from the band [laughs]. Sorry. I should say former singer!

Mira q llamar vieja a Tarjita jaja  :023:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #369 en: Febrero 24, 2010, 10:48:22 pm »
Se explicó mal jejeje! :016:

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #370 en: Febrero 26, 2010, 11:17:42 pm »
unas fotos bonicas  :023:

Floor, Liv Kristine (LEAVES' EYES), Denise Dufort(Girlschool), Sabina Classen ( HOLY MOSES), Tarja turunen etc.

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #371 en: Febrero 26, 2010, 11:19:56 pm »
POr cierto lo de la altura de Floor es mucho  :016:

Con Doro

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #372 en: Febrero 26, 2010, 11:21:36 pm »
Con Giardino y Barilari de Rata Blanca

_V_