INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 269465 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Sharon Corr
« en: Octubre 06, 2008, 12:01:29 am »
Sharon Corr estarí­a trabajando, actualmente, en un álbum en solitario según ha comentado ella misma, hoy, durante el seminario en el que participaba en The Music Show. De momento, no hay más información al respecto. Tendremos que estar atentos.

« Última modificación: Junio 06, 2016, 07:29:21 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 15, 2008, 11:46:42 pm »
Lo del disco de Sharon es cierto!!!

Yummy mummy Sharon Corr finds time for an album

Wednesday October 15 2008

There's some good news in store for fans of gorgeous Sharon Corr.

The Diary can reveal how the talented brunette is following in her sister's footsteps by releasing a solo album of her own.

Here's hoping that she has more success than her sibling Andrea, whose Ten Feet High release earlier this year met with decidedly mixed reviews.

But Sharon Corr, who along with her siblings has sold 30 million records worldwide, has revealed how she is in the throes of completing her first release and hopes to put the finishing touches on it over the next couple of months.

She explained in an interview on Xpose how she's busy writing songs while juggling the pressures of motherhood after giving birth to two youngsters named Cathal (2) and Flori (1).

She has been living the life of domestic bliss up in Belfast with her barrister hubbie Gavin Bonnar.

And while she has yet to come up with a title for the new album, she will also sing on the album while also playing the violin.

Laurels

Given that Sharon penned the chart-topping singles Runaway, So Young and Radio, she should find writing some new hits a piece of cake.

Her famous siblings haven't been resting either -- Sharon revealed how fans of Andrea can expect to see her in an "exciting acting role" very shortly.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 16, 2008, 12:03:04 am »
Foto!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 16, 2008, 11:39:35 pm »
Mother and musician, Sharon Corr helped launch the Pampers UNICEF Ireland 1 pack = 1 vaccine campaign fighting the preventable but oftentimes fatal disease, maternal and newborn tetanus.

For the third year in a row, Pampers and UNICEF Ireland are working together to help eliminate a disease that kills one baby every three minutes and 30,000 mothers each year.

Every special pack of Pampers purchased between October 1st and the 31st of December, will provide a vaccine to protect mothers and babies in the developing world.

In 2007 Pampers and UNICEF Ireland managed to break the one million-vaccine mark to raise a total of 1,198,383 vaccines to protect mothers and babies in developing countries. But this year’s campaign will go one step further and support UNICEF in its work to help countries achieve the goal of eliminating maternal and newborn tetanus by 2012*.

Speaking as she launched this year’s campaign, Sharon Corr said

“Vaccines have saved the lives of millions of children from dangerous diseases over the past two decades. Yet a quarter of the world’s children born last year, particularly in the world’s poorest countries are not immunised during their first year of life. I’m delighted to be here today to support the launch of the Pampers-UNICEF ‘One Pack = One Vaccine’ campaign and to be part of a global initiative to eliminate a global disease.”

Melanie Verwoerd, UNICEF Ireland Executive Director says:

“The majority of mothers and newborns dying of tetanus live in Africa and South and East Asia and it is unacceptable to see a disease that has disappeared from the industrialised world still occur in less industrialised countries. The challenge we face as a global children’s organisation is to scale up interventions that are proving successful and innovative partnerships such as this one with Pampers can help UNICEF achieve those objectives.”

Sarah Pearse, Pampers spokesperson says:

“Simply by supporting Pampers from October to December, parents in Ireland are joining in the fight against tetanus and are helping UNICEF to move one step closer to completely eliminating the disease. We would welcome any additional assistance from Irish parents, if they are hosting or participating in any fundraising activities, to avail of the Pampers UNICEF fundraising packs and donate what they can to UNICEF, with the aim to increasing the number of vaccines.”

This campaign is supported by Pampers TV advertising as well as radio, print media, internet and instore activity to raise awareness of the issue and to encourage the public to support UNICEF Ireland. Pampers has created special fundraising packs for people across the country to host their own fundraising events in an effort to raise further funds for the campaign. From a baby bring and buy sale, to a mother and toddler coffee morning or a special sponsored crawl, there are many ways that people across Ireland can give additional support to this year’s campaign.

Special fundraising packs are available by ringing the Pampers UNICEF Ireland Fundraising Line: 01 618 8411 or simply make a donation no matter how big or small to UNICEF by logging on to www.unicef.ie

To donate to the UNICEF and Pampers tetanus appeal, go to www.unicef.org.uk/pampersregional

* UNICEF and the World Health Organisation (WHO) believe that the goal of eliminating maternal and newborn tetanus could be possible by 2012. UNICEF’s goal is to support countries in achieving maternal and newborn tetanus elimination.

Serena

• Moderador
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #4 en: Octubre 18, 2008, 09:11:25 pm »
Más detalles del disco: según ha comentado la propia Sharon durante una entrevista para el programa de televisión Xposíé. Su álbum, a parte de cantar y tocar el violí­n como ya se ha dicho anteriormente, lo considera de un estilo melódico y cercano al estilo del grupo, puesto que han sido muchos años y cuesta hacer un estilo muy diferente, así­ pues Sharon lo calificarí­a dentro del pop-rock.

La entrevista

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #5 en: Octubre 31, 2008, 11:41:41 pm »
Meanwhile, sister Sharon has a solo album ready to roll in spring 2009.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 02, 2008, 11:53:01 pm »
See who's bonding with Gerry

Thursday October 30 2008

RTE star Gerry Ryan will be donning his finest tux and doing the honours at the Savoy this evening for the new Bond movie.

He'll be presiding over the debut screening of Quantum of Solace, which will see familiar faces getting shaken and stirred at Daniel Craig's second 007 movie outing.

Given that the black-tie evening's in aid of charity UNICEF Ireland -- and given that Gerry Ryan was romantically linked with its boss -- all eyes will be on the star to see who he brings along as his date.

Also on the guestlist are U2 manager Paul McGuinness and Kath Gilfillan, crooner Sharon Corr, Ryan Tubridy, the Seoige sisters, Bill Cullen and Jackie Lavin.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #7 en: Marzo 23, 2009, 12:09:26 am »
Tenemos web!!!

http://www.sharoncorr.com/

Hi Guys!

God! It's been way too long and I've missed you all so much!

While I have been away, I have been reading your comments on the various fan sites all over the world. Thank you for your unwavering loyalty and countless beautiful words of appreciation over the years. It means everything to know you are there.

So, where do I start? I suppose it's more than about time that I was able to give you some real news. Some of you may know that I am doing a solo album. In fact, I have been writing for over a year and a half now, as always these things take longer than you'd expect but it's important that I get it right and that the end product is something I am really proud of and hopefully you all love! So far so good, I'm excited by what I've written and the violin as always plays an integral role through all my music.

My husband and I have been blessed with two beautiful children in the last three years and they are such a joy. It has been a very special time and a real gift to be able to give all of my focus to them but now it's time to get back to music. I've missed recording and touring terribly and I aim to get stuck right back in to both this year!

I will launch this website as soon as I can and, as I go, I shall release various touring and album dates. For the moment though, I'm heading to the studio this week to work on some new songs and instrumentals. BTW, on March 17th I will be playing at the Waterfront in Belfast for a concert celebrating the music of a very good friend of mine, Bill Whelan, composer of Riverdance.

I must say, it'll be strange being out on the road without my family and I don't expect to ever replace The Corrs in your hearts but music is in my blood and with your help I hope to be able to play wherever you are and I'm especially looking forward to visiting all those places I never got to with my family.

Lastly, I promise to keep you all updated with regular posts on my website. It is my hope to really use the site to get you all blogging with me and sharing ideas and giving me lots of feedback.

Thanks, gracias, danke, grazie, merci.....and, of course, go raibh maith agaibh.

All my love, Sharon. xxx"

« Última modificación: Febrero 13, 2010, 11:12:30 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #8 en: Marzo 24, 2009, 11:36:52 pm »
Sharon cumple hoy 39 años!!!!!
FELICIDADES!!!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #9 en: Marzo 25, 2009, 11:54:17 pm »
Hi Guys,

Hope you are all well.

We are still working on the design of my website, so it should be another few weeks until we're up and running. In the meantime, I will update the holding page as I have news.

Next week I' m in the studio with Keith and Anto, we'll be working on possible singles and also rehearsing for the Summer festivals. As soon as I have a definitive list of dates, I'll let you know. I can't wait and am really looking forward to seeing your friendly faces around Europe this Summer!

St Patricks night in the Waterfront was thrilling. It's hard to put into words how much I enjoyed working with some of Irelands finest musicians. Bill's music is so beautiful and a great challenge to play. Loved reading your comments on the different fansites. Keep 'em coming!

Lots of love,

Sharon xxx

Hola chicos,

espero que estíéis todos bien.

Todaví­a estamos trabajando en el diseño de mi sitio web, así­ que deberán pasar otras pocas semanas hasta que estemos listos y funcionando. Por ahora, actualizaríé la página principal a medida que tenga novedades.

La próxima semana estaríé en el estudio con Keith y Anto, estaremos trabajando en posibles singles y tambiíén ensayando para los festivales de verano. Tan pronto como tenga una lista definitiva de fechas, os lo haríé saber. No puedo esperar y estoy realmente deseando ver vuestras amistosas caras alrededor de Europa este verano!

La noche de San Patricio en el Waterfront fue emocionante. Es difí­cil describir con palabras como lleguíé a disfrutar trabajando con algunos de los mejores músicos de Irlanda. La música de Bill es muy bonita y un gran desafí­o para interpretar. Me encantó leer vuestros comentarios en los distintos sitios fan. Seguid escribiendo!

Con mucho cariño,

Sharon xxx

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #10 en: Abril 20, 2009, 11:19:21 pm »
While The Corrs take an extended break, fiddle-player Sharon is currently recording her first solo album and preparing to go out on the road with a backing band this summer.

Contrary to erroneous reports elsewhere last week that drummer Caroline was planning to record and tour, The Diary can officially confirm that it is actually Sharon who is flexing her musical muscles.

"Sharon wrote 20 songs for the album and is in the middle of picking and recording the best ones," says the Corrs' agent Barry Gaster.

"It will be released later this year and she is also busy putting a band together to tour musical festivals from May to September.

"I don't know where the report that it was Caroline came from, but it was very wrong.

"Sharon will be singing lead vocals as well as playing the violin and the music will feature some pop/rock and traditional influences.

"She's really delighted with the progress so far," says Mr Gaster.

"She's raring to go."

Mum-of-two Sharon is married to barrister Gavin Bonner and they divide their time between Dublin and Belfast.

She has already confirmed appearances at several major festivals including Glastonbury, the Isle of Wight, the Savona festival in Italy, as well as more gigs in Holland, France and Spain.

A major Irish appearance will be announced in the coming weeks.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #11 en: Abril 25, 2009, 10:56:49 pm »
Se ha anunciado oficialmente la participación de Sharon en el Isle Of Wight Festival, el cual transcurrirá en los dí­as comprendidos entre el 12 y 14 de Junio en el Seaclose Park de Newport, Isla de Wight. La actuación de Sharon tendrá lugar el sábado 13 en el escenario principal. 

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #12 en: Mayo 05, 2009, 11:30:43 pm »
El pasado lunes, dí­a 4 de Mayo, Sharon Corr acudió a los estudios de la RTí‰ Radio One, para realizar una entrevista con David Fanning.

La entrevista giró en torno a las canciones que han influido a Sharon, entre las que se encuentran: Wild Wood de Paul Weller, Smalltown Boy de Bronski Beat, Old Man de Neil Young, Run de Snow Patrol, Badge de Cream, Riverman de Nick Drake, River de Joni Mitchell, Better de Tom Baxter y Kashmir Led Zeppelin.
Gracias a la entrevista tambiíén hemos conocido varias aníécdotas como el encuentro con Robert Plant, vocalista de Led Zeppelin, en el 46664 Artic. Por otro lado, ha comentado que le resulta mucho más fácil componer la melodí­a que no escribir la letra. En lo referente al grupo ha vuelto a decir que volveran en un par de años. Por último, el tí­tulo del álbum de Sharon será Real Deal, el single saldrá entre finales de Mayo y principios de Junio, el álbum tardará aproximadamente dos meses en estar acabado, íéste cuenta con la participación de Anto Drennan, Keith Duffy y Jason Duffy y el dí­a 27 de Mayo Sharon acudirá al programa de televisión del entrevistador.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #13 en: Mayo 05, 2009, 11:59:04 pm »
Hey Everybody!

Wow! What an exciting time. For the last few weeks, I've been in rehearsals with Anto, Keith, Jay and Billy Farrell (on keyboards and production) and we had such a lot of fun working the new songs.... and some old ones too! It doesn't take long to click when you've been together as long we have.

So, when we will we be out there? Well, my first single is due for release at the beginning of June. Last Friday, we added strings and brass, scored by the wonderful Fiachra Trench, to some of the tracks and he did such an amazing job. I really can't wait for you all to hear it.

The dilemma now... which one to release first....

On Monday the 4th of May I appeared on the Dave Fanning Show on RTE Radio One. I had a long chat with him about my favourite music, the new album and touring. You should be able to download this as a Podcast.

Lastly, it looks like I'll be doing a lot of Uk/Ireland promotion in June, after which I'm scheduled to play the Isle of White, Glastonbury and then more dates to be decided around Europe throughout the Summer.

I shall of course let you know here about all dates and promo plans.

I'm really eager to hear what you think of the new songs and am looking forward to seeing your friendly faces at the live shows.

Until then....

As always, my love.

Sharon xxx

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #14 en: Mayo 06, 2009, 12:02:05 am »
Traducción:

Hola a todos!

Wow! Quíé excitante. En las últimas semanas, he estado ensayando con Anto, Keith, Jay y Bill Farrell (a los teclados y producción) y nos lo hemos pasado genial trabajando en las nuevas canciones... y tambiíén algunas viejas! No lleva mucho tiempo congeniar cuando has estado junto a alguien tanto tiempo como nosotros.

De modo que, cuando estaremos fuera? Bien, está previsto que mi primer single salga a principios de Junio. El pasado viernes, conseguido por el maravilloso Fiachra Trench, añadimos los intrumentos de cuerda y de metal a algunas pistas e hizo un trabajo increí­ble. Realmente no puedo esperar a que lo escuchíéis.

El dilema ahora es... cual editar primero...

El lunes 4 de Mayo aparecí­ en el programa de David Fanning en la RTE Radio One. Tuve una larga conversación con íél sobre mi música favorita, el nuevo álbum y el tour. Deberí­ais poderoslo descargar como Podcast.

Finalmente, parece que haríé mucha promoción en el Reino Unido/Irlanda en Junio, despuíés de la cual estoy en la lista para tocar en el Isle of Wight, Glanstonbury y luego más fechas que tienen que ser decididas alrededor de Europa durante el verano.

Os haríé saber por aquí­, por supuesto, todas las fechas y los planes de promoción.

Estoy realmente impaciente por oí­r que opinais de las nuevas canciones y espero con ganas ver vuestras amigables caras en los espectáculos en vivo.

Hasta entonces...