INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 273495 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #150 en: Diciembre 16, 2009, 11:16:25 pm »
El próximo jueves, dí­a 17 de diciembre, por la mañana, Sharon acudirá al programa de radio Ray Darcy's Show, el cual se emite de las 9:00 a las 12:00h (de 10:00 a 13:00, horario español) en Today FM; allí­ cantará un dueto muy especial:

El dueto será una versión de la canción navideña Fairytale Of New York, escrita por The Pogues en 1987, que interpretará junto a Joe Echo.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #151 en: Diciembre 16, 2009, 11:17:50 pm »
Un artí­culo!!

JOE ECHO AND SHARON CORR TO DUET LIVE ON TODAY FM FOR RAY D'ARCY ON THURS MORNING!

Tune into the Ray D’Arcy show on Today FM this Thursday morning to hear Joe Echo and Sharon Corr deliver their own version of “Fairytale of New York”. Joe will also be filling Ray in on what an unbelievable year he has had in 2009…

2009 has been a busy year for Derry musician Joe Echo. Madonna’s lead single Celebration from her Greatest Hits album was co-written by Madonna with her producers Paul Oakenfold and Ian Green, and Joe Echo and has since been nominated for Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording.

Recording is also under way for the soundtrack to a movie based on the Neil McCormack book I Was Bono’s Doppelganger. He’s been writing and recording with Andy Cato and Tom Findlay of Groove Armada and has also been working on ideas with DJ/producers Armin Van Buuren and Deadmau5, amongst others. He produced and performed several songs in Philip Ridley’s Heartless, a new movie starring Jim Sturgess and another song will appear in the movie Wild Target starring Bill Nighy and Emily Blunt, both of which are scheduled for 2010 release dates.

He’s co-written and recorded several songs with Paul Oakenfold and is featured vocalist on two of these songs on Paul’s forthcoming album Pop Killer. The Joe Echo song On All My Sundays is featured on Oakenfold’s remixes album Perfecto: Vegas, which went straight in at No. 1 in the USA digital download chart earlier this year.

The debut Joe Echo album is also close to completion with five songs recorded with producer Chris Potter (The Verve, Blur, The Feeling). With an ever increasing fan base following amazing support slots with Paolo Nutini, James Morrison and Joshua Radin and appearances at this OXEGEN, Cois Fharraige, Glasgowbury and Indiependence festivals.

Joe Echo will end the year with a headlin show at Dublin’s Academy 2 on Thursday, 17 December.

Joe Echo will be joined by Penfold DM and The Brilliant Things. Tickets priced €13.20 incl. booking fee are on sale now.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #152 en: Diciembre 17, 2009, 11:48:04 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #153 en: Diciembre 19, 2009, 10:43:13 pm »
Despuíés de la actuación en la radio, Sharon participó tambiíén junto a Joe Echo en su concierto en The Academy (Dublí­n), cantando nuevamente Fairytale Of New York, esta vez con el acompañamiento de una baterí­a.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c98nyc8a230&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #154 en: Diciembre 19, 2009, 10:44:48 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #155 en: Diciembre 22, 2009, 10:49:17 pm »
Fairytale in New York @ The Academy (concert)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygyqPCM-Hr4&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #156 en: Diciembre 24, 2009, 06:11:35 pm »
Un regalito de unos fans a Sharon!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUEMdXzkxFw

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #157 en: Diciembre 31, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »
Raidió Teilifí­s í‰ireann (RTí‰) emitirá un especial de su programa Winning Streak, se trata de un concurso muy popular en Irlanda en el que los participantes tienen que realizar una síérie de pruebas y el ganador consigue dinero. En este especial, bajo el nombre de Celebrity Winning Streak, los concursantes serán personajes famosos, entre los cuales estará Sharon, y el ganador destinará el premio a la fundación que haya escogido. A continuación, os dejo con el artí­culo original:

On New Year’s Eve, Marty Whelan and Kathryn Thomas are joined by Sharon Corr, Jon Kenny, Daniel O’Donnell, Clelia Murphy and Henry Shefflin as they try their luck for their chosen charities in Celebrity Winning Streak .

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #158 en: Enero 01, 2010, 10:21:43 pm »
Al final, Sharon ha ganado la cantidad de 27.000€ para Simon Comunity, una mitad del premio la destinará a Dundalk Simon Comunity y la otra mitad al resto de Simon Comunities que hay repartidas por Irlanda  .

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #159 en: Enero 01, 2010, 10:22:42 pm »
Sharon ha revelado en el programa el tí­tulo del álbum, que será Dream Of You, y saldrá a la venta despuíés de año nuevo

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #160 en: Enero 03, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »
Sharon en Hotpress!!

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without the festival of chat that is the Hot press round table summit - in fact, you might say it's more important than An Bord Snip, NAMA and the campaign to have Thierry Henry exiled to French Guyana put together. This year, our panel of rock world's great and good get animated about "Le Main de Dieu", surviving the recession, the passing of Stephen Gately and Michael Jackson and encounters with famous friends such as Madonna, Annie Lennox and Taylor Swift"

Sharon on the Ireland V France match:

Ours was an extremely depressed house last Wednesday. I was tweeting at the time and yawning my way through most of it, which I do normally with football, but I was effing and blinding with the best of 'em when that happened. It would have completely changed the mood of the country for however many months it is until the World Cup Finals.

Joe (Def Leppard) on touring with Taylor Swift & thinking about what makes different shows artists do

When you've been doing it for 32 years like we have, you need your distractions because everything else becomes routine. Elton John played Madison Square Garden 51 times - he's got the record - and must be thinking, "oh god, not another one. The same old fucking place!". Remember that thing The Corrs did in Bray, Sharon, with Bono and Ronnie Wood? That's what you remember as being special.

Sharon:

It's a bit weird when you look around during a song and there's Ronnie Wood doing the guitar solo. 'Wooooargh, this is cool!'. One of the things I've loved about making my solo album is working with people like Jim Lockhart from Horslips, and Stuart Cable, the former Stereophonics drummer. You learn so much from being in the studio with other musicians.

Tim (from Ash) and Sharon discuss their albums:

Sharon:

I'm doing the opposite! The Corrs stopped for a couple of years to get our heads showered and have some children, but I was still writing song after song and thought 'I really want to do my own album'. For me, it's about producing a beautiful piece of work that i'm really, really proud of. So far i've spent about €280,000 on the album, which is just studio time and paying the musicians. It's not what was being spent 15 years ago but it's still a lot of money. Obviously i'd love to be a commercial success, but i'm prepared for it not to be. It may turn out to be the loss leader, which enables me to go out and play live, and make the money back from selling tshirts or whatever. I want to take my kids with me and tour for as long as I possibly can, because that musician's life is a beautiful bubble to be in.

Sharon on the Music Industry

I think people have a very inaccurate view of the music industry and how it works. You've an engineer, a producer, a band, a plugger, a graphic artist, somebody working the record company switchboard and everybody needs to get paid. They're always going to go "oh the friggin' U2s and Def Leppards and The Corrs, they're all loaded". Fine, but what about all the other people in the music industry who definitely aren't loaded and are being laid off or having houses repossessed? I'm waiting for the Digital Economy Bill to be passed because I want respect paid to music and the industry that produces it.

Tara (from an Irish band Vengeance & The Panther Queen) & Tim (Ash) in response to Sharon:
Sharons right, there are a lot of people working in the music industry who earn an average weekly wage - or less - and are having their livelihood taken away from them by piracy

Tim:
It blew my mind when I checked out Pirate Bay one day and found our entire catalogue - 17 years of work - in a folder that someone could download in 3 minutes. It's not free to make, so why should it be free to get online?

Sharon on Stephen Gately (Boyzone member who died suddenly in October)

I went to Stephens funeral because i'd met him a couple of times, one of them being in Belfast, where we both had a couple of drinks on us and had a really good laugh. He was heartbroken that Boyzone at the time were broken up and trying to figure out 'what next?'. He was one of the innocents in the music industry with open arms for everybody. the funeral itself was very beautiful and respectful - you could feel the love around Sheriff Street. The Daily Mail trying to infer that just because he was a gay man they were up to something deviant....that sort of thinking ought to be long gone at this stage. It's so wrong and so disrespectful. Had I come back from a bar with my husband and another girl, nobody would have jumped to those conclusions.

Sharon's Gig of the year

Mines Leonard Cohen as well, in the O2. I've never seen a gig like it in my life - the only word I can think of that does it justice is 'spiritual'. i'm not hung up on meeting people but i'd love to tell him how much he moved me.

Sharon on where is the oddest place her music has surfaced

The Sporanos, which is one of my all time favourite TV shows. Meadow comes don the stairs with her iPod on and she's listening to 'Breathless'! That was the coolest moment ever.

Sharon on being star-struck

I ran into Neil Finn from Crowded House and actually wasn't able to speak, which was really embarrassing. All I could think of were these great songs like "don't dream it's over" and "take the weather with you". I just stared inanely, it was really sad.

Sharon on albums she's been listening to over the last 12 months
I bought Lily Allens album, but mostly it's old 70's stuff I've been listening to like Nick Drake's Treasury. I'm loving that album!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #161 en: Enero 03, 2010, 10:35:55 pm »
Foto:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #162 en: Enero 03, 2010, 10:37:58 pm »
Sharon, además de felicitar el año nuevo a todos los fans, ha revelado en su foro oficial la colaboración con la que estaba tan emocionada, y es nada más y nada menos que Jeff Beck. A continuación, os dejo con su mensaje:

The legend that is Jeff Beck just played on a track on my album! To say I died and went to heaven would be an understatement! And there's more exciting news to come! Happy New Year! All my love, always, Sharon xxx

Serena

• Moderador

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #164 en: Enero 12, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »
Now that the album recording is finished (at last!) I wanted to share some of the pics I took over the last number of months in the studio. Most are of the people who have helped make the album a reality. All are of the fun we had making it!

I hope you enjoy them.

S x