INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 273480 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #285 en: Septiembre 10, 2010, 10:55:22 pm »
Cutres!!

Warner ha confirmado que no habrá un tracklist del álbum diferente para España.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #286 en: Septiembre 11, 2010, 11:38:14 pm »
El próximo sábado, dí­a 11 de septiembre, Sharon interpretará algunas canciones de Dream Of You en la tienda Celtic Note en Nassau Street, Dublí­n. La actuación empezará a las 13:00h (14:00h en horario español) a la cual podrá asistir cualquier persona.

Tocó Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime, So Long Ago, Radio y Cooley's Reel.

Video resumen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2guGJTXUAU&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #287 en: Septiembre 11, 2010, 11:40:01 pm »
Este viernes, coincidiendo con la publicación de Dream Of You en Irlanda, Sharon participará en The Late Late Show, el programa de televisión más popular y prestigioso del paí­s, presentado por Ryan Tubridy en la RTí‰ One. El programa empieza a las 21:30h (22:30h en horario español).

Actúa a partir de la hora y 20 segundos

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #288 en: Septiembre 11, 2010, 11:44:01 pm »
Despuíés de que el año pasado se instaurara el Arthur's Day con motivo del 250º aniversario de Guinness, el próximo jueves 23 de septiembre se volverá a celebrar dicho dí­a en todo el mundo con diferentes actividades y conciertos. En Irlanda la celebración oficial se llevará a cabo en tres puntos distintos de su geografí­a: Dublí­n, Galway y Cork. Será en esta última ciudad donde Sharon formará parte del elenco de músicos, entre los que están Paolo Nutini y KT Tunstall, que actuarán con motivo de dicha celebración en The Savoy Theatre.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #289 en: Septiembre 11, 2010, 11:46:43 pm »
Articulo en Hot Press

VIOLIN PLAYING CORR DEMONSTRATES EXPERIMENTAL SIDE ON SOLO DEBUT

In the five years since The Corrs took a break, Sharon Corr has brought two children and a raft of new songs into the world. Dream of you, her solo debut, is the culmination of Sharon's recent surge in creativity. Featuring seven self-penned songs, several instrumental pieces and a couple of gorgeous covers, Dream of you is Sharon's first foray into the recording studio as lead vocalist, a role that suits her strong, distinctive voice.

Existing fans will be pleased with Sharon's ongoing love affair with the characteristic Corrs sound. It was Sharon who composed Corrs classics like 'So Young', 'Radio', 'Long Night' and 'Goodbye'. Similar high quality melodic pop is the main artery in Sharon's beautifully crafted debut, with many tracks becoming highly catchy and memorable after just a couple of listens. Also carrying on in The Corrs' tradition is the emphasis on indigenous sound. Sharon's masterful violin-playing is omnipresent, while guests Davy Spillane, Mairtin O'Connor, Gerry O'Connor and John McSherry keep the Irish heartbeat strong.

Yet Dream of you also diverges along a path that is uniquely Sharon's own. A daring version of the instrumental 'Mna na hEireann' features the legendary Jeff Beck accompanying Sharon's violin with his guitar, while for 'Buenos Aires', Sharon takes her inspiration from a James Joyce short story, and duets poignantly with Spanish superstar, Alex Ubago.

Dream of you's lyrics, moods and sensibilities are rooted in Sharon's personal experience. Motherhood inspires many of the songs, including the title-track, which Sharon wrote to her first child while he was still in the womb. Also informing the record, and a sign of Sharon's development as a solo artist, is an appreciation for love as it matures through life's vicissitudes. In this vein, 'It's not a dream' is the most beautiful example on a record that is bedecked with many fine things. All told, Dream of you is a hugely impressive album.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #290 en: Septiembre 12, 2010, 10:44:41 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #291 en: Septiembre 13, 2010, 10:13:59 pm »
Esta semana Sharon Corr edita su debut en solitario, Dream of you. La violinista del grupo irlandíés The Corrs ha presentado este disco con una versión de The Korgis, Everybody's gotta learn sometime. Por cierto, que el videoclip lo  ha rodado en Andalucí­a.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #292 en: Septiembre 13, 2010, 11:26:40 pm »
Sharon acudió hoy al programa The Michael Ball Show del canal ITV
Video próximamente!

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG-rS8l3r38&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #293 en: Septiembre 13, 2010, 11:30:22 pm »
Esta mañana, Sharon ha sido entrevistada y ha interpretado en acústico Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime en el programa radiofónico The Breakfast Show with Paddy & Ruth de la RTí‰ 2fm. Además, ya se puede volver a escuchar la entrevista de Sharon en el programa de Steve Randall del pasado 30 de agosto

The Breakfast Show

Andovar Show Steve Randall

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #294 en: Septiembre 13, 2010, 11:32:49 pm »
Gracias a Gavin, marido de Sharon, se ha sabido que, además del concierto en The Savoy Theatre, Sharon tambiíén realizará una actuación secreta en un pub.

@sharon_corr at Arthur's Day this year in Cork on the 23rd Sept. She is in The Savoy but also doing secret pub gig. Stay close to me 4 info!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #295 en: Septiembre 14, 2010, 10:29:17 pm »
Sharon ha contestado a algún seguidor de Twitter que puede que venga para acá el dí­a 30, pero que aún no era seguro:

@claudiamulas I might be in Spain on the 30th and 1st for promo but it's still being worked out x

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #296 en: Septiembre 14, 2010, 10:34:26 pm »
Hoy, Sharon ha participado en el programa Strawberry Alarm Clock presentado por Jim Jim Nugent y Mark Noble en FM104 donde ha sido entrevistada y ha interpretado en acústico Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime e It's Not A Dream. Por otro lado, ayer se emitió una entrevista en el programa de Andrew Easton en BBC Hereford & Worcester

Andew Easton (a partir de las 2h y 22 min)

Acústicos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3KXvsucyxI&

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m4wemH0tgw&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #297 en: Septiembre 14, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #298 en: Septiembre 16, 2010, 10:56:39 pm »
Otro año más Sharon participará en The Music Show que este año se celebrará durante los dí­as 2 y 3 de octubre en Dublí­n:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #299 en: Septiembre 18, 2010, 10:38:01 pm »
Ayer Sharon acudió al programa de televisión escocíés The Hour donde fue entrevistada e interpretó Smalltown Boy.

Ver aquí­

Sharon Corr owes her children for her debut album Dream of You
As violinist, songwriter and backing vocalist for The Corrs, Sharon Corr is responsible for 30 million album sales, sold out worldwide stadium tours and a string of chart topping singles and albums. As a solo artist, she is taking centre stage for the first time as lead vocalist and released her debut album, Dream of You, last Friday.

Featuring a mixture of covers and original material, including a collaboration with Jeff Beck, the album has been five years in the making as The Corrs took a break to lead normal lives away from the spotlight. It was during this time that Sharon began to write again.

“I was pregnant within a couple of months of the band taking a break,” she told The Hour. “We really did take a break to get our own lives going and I kinda got on with it really fast, but when we came off the road I felt it was very important for me to keep the music going because you can lose your way and you kinda have to scramble back up the ladders of what you’ve learnt over the last while.

“So I’ve continued to write and I went through a very inspired period of writing for about two, three years and I was kinda recording an album before I knew it, if you know what I mean?”

The album features two covers, Everybody’s Gotta Learn Sometime by The Korgis and Bronski Beat’s Small Town Boy, which she performed on The Hour, but the other tracks are all her own material and were largely influenced by her children.

“I think it’s a deeply emotional time when you have children and you kind of feel like you’re jacked to the earth, and it’s a real time of awakening. You see the world with the onion layers peeled back and you’re quite vulnerable I suppose, and you’re vulnerable because you have these two little people to look after.

“And I suppose that made me very in touch with my feelings, hence the lyrics on the album; it’s a very emotional album.”

Despite the importance of her new family to her, Sharon has not forgotten the siblings who she found fame with. Caroline and Jim were both in the studio while she recorded and Andrea had heard demos before Sharon finally sent them the final copy in the post.

“They’re very supportive and very happy I’m doing it. It’s important because they’re also my musical peers as well as my siblings so it’s important that they rate what I’m making.”