INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 274963 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #375 en: Marzo 10, 2011, 11:27:58 pm »
Anuncio de su actuación en Dubai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1VHud-AxD0&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #376 en: Marzo 16, 2011, 10:48:37 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #377 en: Marzo 23, 2011, 11:56:05 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #378 en: Marzo 24, 2011, 08:59:53 am »
Sharon cumple hoy 41 años!!!!!
FELICIDADES!!!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #379 en: Marzo 26, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »
El pasado 17 de marzo, la página web FYI publicó una entrevista realizada a Sharon antes de su concierto en el Meydan Grandstand. A pesar de que esta entrevista pertence al tema de Dubái, creo que merece una mención aparte debido a que menciona algunos temas con bastante relevancia, como el significado de Real World y que Six Train estará en su segundo álbum (hay que aclarar que todaví­a no hay planes immediatos de grabar un segundo disco, ya que su prioridad ahora es hacer una gira).

Selling 30 million albums and playing to thousands of fans in packed stadiums across the world must be a hard act to follow. Taking some time out to raise a family, Sharon Corr, ex-violinist with Nineties pop sensations The Corrs, began to get itchy feet. “When you’re used to that amount of stimulation, it’s difficult being secure.” So Sharon hit the studio and has just released her first solo album Dream Of You. Featuring her trademark Celtic violin and some unexpected collaborations, the album was her “ultimate therapy.” Speaking before her St. Patrick’s Day gig at Meydan, the delightfully down to earth Sharon talks her new album, motherhood and having “really huge massive fights” with your siblings.

What inspired your return to the studio?

I was very conscious when The Corrs stopped performing that I didn’t want to lose what I’d learnt. If you stop playing and you stop writing then you kind of have to start at the bottom of the ladder again, from an ability point of view. While I was pregnant with my first child I thought ‘You need to still be writing.’ I actually went through a very inspired couple of years writing-wise. It’s something I very naturally do. It’s just part of my life all the time. And it’s a great way for me to express what I’m going through, a great outlet, it’s like your ultimate therapy. And I suppose I had, in the back of my mind, thought ‘when you do write you’re capable of doing an album so why not take on that challenge and do it.’

You wrote some songs for The Corrs. Did your approach to songwriting change for your solo album when you didn’t have that input from the rest of the band?

Yeah it did. I mean there was more license to take it down your own road. Well, all license to take it down your own road. But then the flip side of that is you don’t have the comfort of so many people taking decisions on a piece. It was a wonderful expression of me, truly and totally and that was exciting. I was a little bit older writing this new album so I had a different well of experiences to pull from. When I had my children I kind of saw the world very differently. It inspired very different, much more emotional, lyrics from me, not as carefree. When you have children you start to understand your place in the world, how tiny it is and how vulnerable you are. So if you’re that vulnerable then how vulnerable are these little things you’ve just had?! So it made me incredibly vulnerable and incredibly emotional and that’s great for creativity. It’s tough for you as a person, but it’s great for creativity.

How do you approach a song? Do you start writing about experiences, sit at a piano, pick up the violin?

I’m almost always sitting at a piano. No matter what I’m doing I’m never too far from it. I just love playing around with it and finding a chord progression that I like, which will normally inspire a lyric or a chorus or something. One of the last songs I wrote for the album was called “Butterflies” and it’s about my love of that experience when you’re standing by the side of the stage and you’ve got butterflies in your stomach. It’s absolute fear, and it’s absolute hope and it’s absolute anticipation. And you’re just on the cusp of it either being great or awful. It’s a very, very beautiful thing. It’s almost like jumping off a cliff, if you know what I mean, not that I’ve done it! It’s terrifying, but when you hear the audience start to chant and then you hear the band tuning up and it’s just that moment… I loved finishing the album because it was so natural for me to finish it with the reason I do it, from a lyrical point of view.

How did you find playing Glastonbury and the Isle of Wight festival, were you still nervous?

Oh totally, always!

What was the crowd like?

Absolutely amazing. The Isle of Wight was the first gig I did since I came off stage with The Corrs so you can imagine how nervous I was. And I was also going out and playing a shed load of new material that they’ve never heard before because my album wasn’t out. But I wanted to test my skills as a front person and test out the new songs.

Did you do anything to prepare for being the sole focus on stage?

It’s natural for me in a lot of ways but if I let my mind get too involved it becomes difficult and you’re on the back foot a bit. For me vocally I needed to experiment. When I was writing the album I was playing this one song all the time on the piano called “Black is the Colour.” I was trying to play it differently and sing it differently every time I played it to try and develop my vocal technique. I’m a good backing vocalist, which in itself is its own art, but being a front person is where you have license with the song. It’s about projection and it’s about taking the lead. Backing vocals are about supporting the lead.

It must have been difficult.

It was a little difficult yeah! But then the less you think about it the better.

The lyrics on the album are quite varied. Some are optimistic while some are quite dark.

Yeah it depends totally on the song. “Butterflies” was just about the love of performing and the desperate need to do it. And songs like “Real World” are really about the baptism of fire it is to have a child and to realize your place in the world, to feel so incredibly vulnerable and, I suppose, quite dark sometimes. So I had kind of a dark period. But performing is an amazing outlet and when you don’t have it something in you dies. I was trying to redefine myself to myself because now I was a completely different person as a mother. “Real World” comes from a time where you can’t find your way forward and you’re like a ship lost at sea without anchor. I needed to find a new anchor that included the performer and the mother.

They’re quite introspective lyrics. Do you ever write more narrative lyrics like in your song “Buenos Aires?”

Absolutely. I mean “Buenos Aires” was totally inspired by the story “Eveline” (by James Joyce). I wrote that one on guitar but I’m the worst guitar player in the world, literally three chords, awful! I wrote “So Young” and “Radio” (by The Corrs) on guitar as well which is just shocking! But something about me being so mediocre on it works. But I suppose it was important for me to develop my lyrics. With “Buenos Aires” I wanted it to feel like a love lost, like a moment lost. That moment that you look back on the rest of your life and you go ‘I should have done that.’ I should have taken that opportunity but my circumstances and my mind didn’t allow me. There’s another song I wrote called “Six Train” that’s up on my site as a free download.

It’s based on my experience on the 6 train in New York. And it’s about this guy coming into the carriage and he’s begging. He’s on a cart. The song is about him living on the train trying to make a living there. That actually came out of a short story I wrote in New York years ago and I pulled the lyrics out of it.

So there will be more narrative songs on the next album?

Yeah, I would say I would put “Six Train” on the next album. There just wasn’t enough space on this one. And you also find songs suit each other better on one album rather than another. Some of them don’t work and the album doesn’t have the nice ups and downs to it.

What do your family think of the album?

Oh they love it! Jim rang me up and said ‘wow your playing on that album has really developed.’ So they really like it, I’ve got great support from them.

How did the Jeff Beck collaboration come about (on “Mna Na hEireann)?

Well I’m a fan of Jeff Beck. He’s phenomenal, no matter what sort of repertoire he’s playing. I mean the guy can play “Nessun Dorma” or rockabilly, it doesn’t matter. So I was in the studio recording my album and my manager was going to his gig that night. He had a ticket and he was like, ‘do you want to come along?’ and I was like ‘sure I do.’ So I went out with my guitarist and my manager. And he just blows your head off, you almost want to cut your hands off because you’re always going to be so mediocre in comparison. So I went backstage to meet him, as I knew everyone in the venue, a smallish venue in Dublin. He was a sweetheart and he knew The Corrs’ music. And then of course I’m thinking ‘God wouldn’t it be amazing if he could do something on the album.’ But he’s very progressive, he’s always changing and he’s really only about the music so I knew the only thing that would attract him was a genre or a style that he hadn’t done before. I knew my mix of classical and Irish could be that genre.

The last song on the album “Love Me Better” would seem more suited to his style, it’s more bluesy.

I thought he would be attracted to something he got a kick out of musically. He works because he wants to play a specific piece of music. It took a while to get through to him but when he finally heard the piece of music he wanted to record it immediately. And I perform it with him often now.

So did he just improvise over the finished piece or did he have any creative input?

I sent him over the recordings and he recorded it in the UK and then sent it back to me. We were blown away. He absolutely loves it.

Is there anyone you would like to collaborate with in the future?

I’d love to do something with Robert Plant. I’d love to do a duet. I’ve met him a couple of times and we got on pretty well. I met him doing the 46664 concert in Norway years ago for Nelson Mandela. We got on like a house on fire. He’s so sparky and just so much fun to be around. I love the decisions he’s made in music. He hasn’t done what everyone expects him to do. He’s constantly looking for musical stimulus and he’s constantly changing as an artist. I saw the Band Of Joy in Dublin recently and I saw him with Strange Sensation. Both are totally different and absolutely amazing.

How did it feel going from playing stadiums around the world to settling down to family life? Was it a shock or was it a relief?

No it was a big shock! It was a little bit of both actually. It was nice for a short period of time not to be constantly rejuvenating a suitcase, to have some stability, to know your tea was going to be a certain tea and have freshly ground coffee in the morning. But that wore off fairly fast I have to say. I enjoy the road. When you’re used to that amount of stimulation, that amount of diversity it’s very difficult to reduce that to something that’s very secure.

What was it like touring as a family (with The Corrs)? Were there tensions, did it bring you closer together?

Both. I mean you couldn’t be family and not have tensions. We had our fair share of really huge massive fights and then we had a lot of love and a lot of respect. One of the things I am most proud of is the fact we endured it together and stayed together. Music really bonded us incredibly. And we were very inspired by each other and very moved by each other, musically.

So if your kids wanted to form a family band what advice would you give them?

Get out?! No I’m joking. I would say just make it about the music and then you’ll find your path.

Have they picked up any instruments yet?

Well they’re only three and four so they’re sort of bashing the piano. And I have to deter them from the violin because it’s too precious. And the guitar gets a good bashing as well. I hope they’re musical because it’s a blessed life, it’s a nice way to live your life.

You got awarded an MBE for your charity work. Is that something you still get involved in?

Yeah I’ve been involved in a lot of different stuff over the years. Separately from The Corrs I’ve been involved in a township in South Africa, raising money and awareness to build houses for people in the townships. I get involved with what inspires me. I’ve done some stuff with UNICEF.

Do you incorporate your music into that or is it more hands on work.

No it would be more what I can bring to the table, which would be a concert or just raising money at an event. I don’t really feel equipped to do anything other than bringing what I do to the situation. I’ve done a lot of charity concerts over the years.

I read somewhere there would be a Corrs reunion in 2011?

There have been a bucket of rumors on that one. We have no plans right now. I don’t know what’s gonna happen in the future. I see The Corrs and my solo stuff as two different things. This is my solo career and I want to do it forever, but of course if things happen with The Corrs then I’ll be doing that too. So we’ll see.

So what can the crowd expect at your gig, a mixture of The Corrs and solo stuff?

Some Corrs songs that I wrote. I wouldn’t normally perform songs that the other members of the band wrote. So I’ll definitely perform “So Young” and “Radio.” I’ve got a lot of Irish stuff in the set given it’s St. Patrick’s day, some from my album and some that are outtakes from the album. I’m actually going to do, for the first time, a cover of “Dreams” by Fleetwood Mac, which The Corrs covered. I love Fleetwood Mac. Just adore them.

So what are your plans after that?

We’re working on a tour at the moment and I’m talking about an album but I actually just feel like I’ve just finished the last one. So I’ll just keep writing and see if some good stuff comes. And then I’ll go to the studio. But really I want to tour next.

By: Adam Ashcroft
March 2011

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #380 en: Marzo 28, 2011, 11:00:25 pm »
Hace varias semanas, el marido de Sharon publicó varios tweets donde revelaba que Sharon acudirí­a pronto a España para una nueva campaña de promoción de Dream Of You y cuyo single ya se estaba mezclando. A pesar de no tener confirmación oficial de cual será finalmente el nuevo single en España, todo parece apuntar a que será So Long Ago, que ha entrado directo al nº2 de la emisora de radio GngMusica

exciting times ahead en Espana for fans of @sharon_corr... and in Dubai! Watch this space....

single being mixed as we speak!!! Spain awaits.

SHARON CORR ALCANZA EL Nº2 EN GNGMUSICA Y SE CONSOLIDA ENTRE LO MAS SONADO DE NUESTRA LISTA DE EXITOS

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #381 en: Abril 11, 2011, 03:40:30 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #382 en: Abril 11, 2011, 03:43:23 pm »
Hoy lunes, dí­a 11, cuando Sharon graba la colaboración con Nolwenn Leroy,

Hey Tweeties, I'm off to London on Sunday to record with Nolwenn Leroy, looking forward to meeting her and making some music together x

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #383 en: Abril 25, 2011, 11:27:35 pm »
Como ya se comentó anteriormente, hace varias semanas, el marido de Sharon publicó varios tweets donde revelaba que Sharon acudirí­a pronto a España para una nueva campaña de promoción de Dream Of You y cuyo single ya se estaba mezclando. Gracias a un artí­culo publicado por la emisora La Radio Activitat y la lista de novedades de Victoria FM, sabemos que el single elegido será finalmente Everybody's Got To Learn Sometime (Seoan Remix 2011Gracias a Warner Spain podemos saber que el single se pondrá a la venta en formato digital el 10 de Mayo en itunes

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #384 en: Abril 27, 2011, 11:33:24 pm »
Gavin nos llama para que hagamos todo lo posible para pedir EGTLS. A ver que podemos hacer!

Time for @sharon_corr fans in Spain and France to unleash their tweeting, texting, emailing, wrtign, telephoning abilities & target radio/tv

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #385 en: Abril 29, 2011, 11:09:06 pm »
En este link podeis oir el remix de EGLS

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #386 en: Mayo 02, 2011, 11:45:19 pm »
Hoy, Sharon ha desvelado, tras contestar a la pregunta de un fan, que ahora mismo está planeando que los fans puedan escuchar las versiones de estudio de Over It y Ears Painted On

Will the fans be able to listen in the future over it and ears painted on studio version?

yes they will, I'm making plans for that right now!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #387 en: Mayo 04, 2011, 11:22:57 pm »
Anteayer, Sharon escribió en Twitter que se marchaba a tocar el piano dejando caer que para finales de semana tendrí­amos una nueva grabación en acústico. No obstante, a pesar de empezar tocando la canción acústica, terminó escribiendo una nueva canción, cuyo tí­tulo provisional es Every Hour Every Day y que contará con una parte de violí­n en la que aún tiene que trabajar.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #388 en: Mayo 10, 2011, 03:47:22 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #389 en: Mayo 15, 2011, 12:19:52 am »
Según un mensaje publicado en el foro oficial del Isle Of Wight Festival, Sharon actuará en el escenario Big Top el próximo viernes 10 de junio, dí­a apodado como Girls' Night Out. A continuación, os dejo con el mensaje original

sharon corr

is added to girls night out