INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Dolores O'Riordan  (Leído 28184 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Nuevo album de Dolores O'Riordan
« Respuesta #15 en: Mayo 23, 2009, 11:51:04 pm »
No baggage es el resultado de meses de trabajo. O'Riordan ha vuelto a confiar en Dan Brodbeck y juntos han coproducido los 11 temas que conforman este segundo trabajo para la voz de The Cranberries.

O'Riordan está promocionando el disco en una gira promocional por Europa. Hace unos dí­as hizo una parada la cantante irlandesa para visitar nuestro paí­s y presentar este segundo trabajo en solitario. Dolores O'Riordan asegura sentirse "en el mejor momento" de toda su vida y ha definido este disco como un proyecto más positivo, en contraposición a Are you listening?, su debut. La artista no sólo tiene previsto publicar el disco a finales de agosto, sino tambiíén iniciar una gira para mostrarlo en directo, aunque no existen ni fechas ni ciudades cerradas.

El adelanto se pondrá en el mercado, sólo en Estados Unidos, a travíés de iTunes el 2 de junio. El tema elegido para la presentación, The Journey, es una canción pop-rock con toques celtas y con la inconfundible voz de la O'Riordan.

Las 11 canciones de No Baggage son:

Switch Off The Moment

Skeleton

It's You

The Journey

Stupid

Be Careful

Apple Of My Eye

Throw Your Arms Around Me

Fly Through

Lunatic

Tranquilizer

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #16 en: Mayo 24, 2009, 11:53:36 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #17 en: Junio 04, 2009, 10:51:42 pm »
El single a la venta!!

For 0,99 $ on Itunes US
(change your store nation on the bottom of the page on your Itunes)

There is no bside for the moment (maybe they'll add Loser later)

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #18 en: Junio 04, 2009, 10:55:19 pm »
El album a la venta aqui

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #19 en: Junio 13, 2009, 10:36:53 pm »
She is now a tanned, relaxed, mother of four (a stepson aged 18, Taylor Baxter, aged 12, Molly Leigh, eight, and Dakota Rain, four) who has swapped her love of running for country-walking with her husband Don Burton, her former tour manager whom she married in 1994. She is also on the brink of releasing her second solo album in August, No Baggage, which still bears her inimitably lyrical, Limerick-accented voice, but with softer and brighter lilts than with The Cranberries.

The songs, she says, were inspired by motherhood and reflections on life, such as "Switch off from Life", delivered in almost a whisper, and "Be Careful (what you wish for)", which could almost be a reprimand by the older, wiser Dolores to her younger self. "The album's about life and the journey of life, looking back at the journey, and being aware of the fact that you only have one life and to love in the moment of your life," she says.

In 1990 O'Riordan replied to an advertisement for a singer for a band, then called The Cranberries Saw Us. The barefooted, quirky-haired lead vocalist shot to fame instantly with the rest of the band as The Cranberries' debut album, Everybody Else is Doing It, So Why Can't We? sold more than five million copies in America, and the act subsequently went on to become one of the biggest rock acts of the 1990s, selling 14.5 million albums in the United States alone and producing five albums in 13 years.

But, just like her experience on the black run, the journey came to a crashing stop at the age of 32.

Overwhelmed by a mix of performance anxiety, exhaustion and paranoia, O'Riordan and the rest of her band members announced a "hiatus" and stopped recording together. By then, they had also released the albums No Need to Argue (1994), To the Faithful Departed (1996), Bury the Hatchet (1999) and Wake Up and Smell the Coffee (2001) as well as a greatest-hits compilation.

"I just wanted to stay at home, do the laundry, take my children to school. Just switch off and be a mother. I enjoyed living in Canada, where my husband comes from, because I was treated like any ordinary person. I became a volunteer at my children's school, I went into the classroom. It was very grounding. I got sick of being famous," she explains.

In fact, years earlier, at the age of 23 and during the height of her band's fame, O'Riordan had an experience that closely resembled a nervous breakdown. "It was really bad, a bit like the film, Jacob's Ladder. I thought people were watching me all the time. Looking back, I went nuts for a while. I didn't want to go out or leave my room and even when I was in the room, I'd see faces looking at me."

Part of this anxiety was born, she thinks, from having "too much too young", but some of it was also cultural. In Ireland, she says, where she had grown up singing in front of audiences in pubs, "people don't look at you singing. They go within themselves and listen. Music is about listening not looking. That's why I wore these huge baggy dresses on stage with The Cranberries," she says.

When she gave birth to her first child aged 25, she turned away from singing abruptly to transform herself into an "ordinary" woman and mother.

"It was a life-changing moment. I felt a huge urge to survive. I wanted to be here. For a long time before this point, I didn't want to be in the world. It was like being born again. I thought to myself, "I don't want to make music again". I stopped singing, even in the shower. When I started singing, I'd say "no" and stop myself."

When her son was two, she finally made peace with her musical past and returned to the recording studio with her bandmates to make the poignantly named album, Bury the Hatchet. "My son helped me get better. He made me happy. I wrote "Animal Instinct" about him. I found my happiness again so I started singing again."

"Before that, before my breakdown, I didn't live in the moment. I basically had the wrong kind of love and attention around me. I lived six years in a bus with strangers, touring the world with the band, seeing the insides of hotels. I lost touch with my friends. I was lonely all that time. I went nuts I was so lonely. These were days before mobile phones so I had to find a phonebox just to talk to my parents. I lost a lot of my youth."

O'Riordan is the youngest of seven children and always the talented "baby" of the brood. Born in Limerick to a devout Catholic family, her stark, punkish appearance was partly informed by her love of bands such as Depeche Mode, REM and The Cure, to whom she listened as a teenager, and partly by a reaction to the enforced austerity of her mother.

"Growing up, there was a lot of pressure for women to be good looking but my mum was very strict and she didn't allow me to wear make-up. Looking back, it was good for me. It slowed me down from becoming an adult too quickly."

She always knew she wanted to be a singer. Writing her first song, aged nine, her school teachers and friends knew it too. It came as no surprise when she became a household name in Ireland, as a teenager.

"Everyone at school knew I wanted to be a singer. I'd always be banging on the piano playing my new song. The teacher would gather us round and the whole class would listen," she recounts to me.

She has in the past made comments about the difficulties of working with women, and her own preference for being around men in her professional life, which has led to some criticism. But to conclude she is "unsisterly" would be a profound misunderstanding, she says.

"At a certain age, girls are complete bitches. They're terrible, females, compared to men. We are far more complicated creatures. Boys get things off their chest. Girls will play mind-games for a long time. We just have more complicated psychologies."

This second solo album is a follow-up to Are You Listening?, released in May 2007, but despite the fact that she's now "going it alone", she has not discarded the idea of a reunion tour with The Cranberries. But not just yet.

"It's funny, we all got together a few weeks ago and we've all got kids and babies. To bring kids into the world, you need to be there for them. I'm really enjoying taking things at my own pace."

'No Baggage' is out on August 24

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #20 en: Junio 13, 2009, 10:43:00 pm »
Dolores O'Riordan, ex The Cranberries, regresa con No Baggage a travíés de Cooking Vinyl el 24 de Agosto y Record Collector le preguntó que ha estado haciíéndo.

"Nada mas que grabando mi segundo album en solitario, es mi mayor prioridad. He estado pintando durante los últimos años y estoy mostrando mi trabajo en mi sitio web".

-Hay algo que no haya sido lanzado de las sesiones pasadas?

Probablemente hay por ahí­ algun trabajo sin terminar de The Cranberries y mí­o, aunque no tenemos planes de un box set.

-Tienes cintas de bandas de escuela?

Una - Fead An Lolar, que significa El Silbido de Aguila. Era letras irlandesas con flauta, chelo, guitarras, cucharas, violines y silbatos de hojalata. Todo muy tradicional.

-Cuál álbum considerabas el mejor en ese entonces?

"Strangeways Here We Come" de The Smiths.

-Escuchas mucha música?

Hago meditación todo el dí­a, así­ que me gusta música atmosferica de yoga, eso me ayuda a eliminar energí­a negativa. Tambien rock de los 80s a los 90s, el country, como Garth Brooks y Brad Paisley. Pero no me gusta el rap.

-Cuál fue el último álbum que compraste?

The Script.

-Escuchas tu propia música?

De una forma tíécnica, cuando he terminado de grabar me gusta escuchar emocionalmente, pero despuíés de unos meses, se siente como la última cosa que quiero escuchar, por que me hace pensar en el trabajo e ir de gira y dejar a mis hijos. Poner otra cosa o quizá lloraríé!

-Quíé le preguntarí­as a tu heroe de la música?

Metallica fueron mis heroes. Pero cuando los conocí­, mi boca se congeló, y lo único que pude decir fue "cómo están?"

-Cuál fue el mejor concierto que has visto?

David Bowie y Nine Inch Nails.

-Quíé cosa en tí­ sorprenderí­a a la gente?

Tengo una vista pobre y a veces veo doble.

-Cuál es tu peor hábito?

Ahora y otra vez, fumar como chimenea y beber como pez.

-Cuál pregunta desearí­as que la gente dejara de hacer?

"Quíé hora es?"

-Quíé ambiciones incumplidas tienes?

Caminar por la Muralla China, escalar los Andes, conocer curanderos en Perú, ir a Fiji y trabajar con mis hijos de misioneros.

-Si no fueras músico, quíé serí­as?

Nuts(Sin palabras)

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #21 en: Junio 21, 2009, 11:17:41 pm »
La ex vocalista de The Cranberries vuelve por su cuenta este verano y más carismática que nunca. Dolores O'Riordan publica tambiíén en agosto No baggage, su segundo álbum en solitario, del que podremos escuchar un adelanto este domingo en í“rbita Pop.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #22 en: Agosto 21, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »
The Cranberries lead singer Dolores O’Riordan is back from the brink and going solo—she tells Susan Daly why she’s taking on the pressures of fame once again

Dolores O'Riordan will not be reading this article. She doesn't care to know what I, or anyone else, thinks of her. “One of the mistakes in my younger days was reading the press,” she says. “I should have said, ‘You've done it, move on, que sera sera, you know?' You're just going to be psychoanalysing yourself. I've got bigger fish to fry.”

It's not as aggressive as it sounds. It's a note to self. Must not get stressed. Must keep things in perspective. The bigger fish are not the usual self-aggrandising ambitions of a rock-star ego. They are her kids, her marriage and her mental health. Looking after all of these involves practising a degree of self-protection that it took a nervous breakdown and physical collapse to learn.

O'Riordan at 37 looks a lot like the tiny, sharp-faced teenager who fronted Limerick band The Cranberries to international stardom. Her hair has reverted to a severe peroxide crop similar to the one she sported on the cover of The Cranberries' second album, No Need To Argue (1994).

The rock chick 'do replaces the earth-mother, tumbling brunette locks from the time of her debut solo album, Are You Listening? two years ago. That was her first outing since The Cranberries went on hiatus in 2003. She, the brothers Noel and Mike Hogan, and drummer Fergal Lawler are still friends. They have 12 children between the four of them, a unifying factor that gets them together socially.

“We are all in that incubation period so it made sense to step away from each other and have a bit of time out,” she says.

For all that, she brands this period as one of R&R rather than rock 'n' roll, O'Riordan releases her second solo album this month. No Baggage has a raw acoustic feel to many of the songs, and the emotive O'Riordan keen is still in full throttle.

It's not about multi-platinum sales this time, she says. She already knows what it is to have 40 million album sales under her belt. “I'm not one of these people who is really serious about her career — I write because I have to write. It's what I was put on this earth for. I'm a writer. I'm an artist. I can't help it,” she says. A little trace of ego, then.

The album came to her easily, “an eclectic bunch of songs”inspired by the present and the past. She likes the“freshness” to it, a result, she thinks, of walking through the fields for weeks, listening to demos made at her home in Howth, Co Dublin on her iPod and then laying down finished vocals in three or four takes.

“For the four years I was at home, I was living in the full-time motherhood world. Then when I brought out Are You Listening? it was a huge change. Back in a bus, living with a load of lads, huge change, there was no lack of inspiration,” she says.

“There are songs, as well, about the thought process, about what goes on inside your mind when you're under pressure.”

The track Skeleton, for instance, reflects on the “shadows from the past” that haunted O'Riordan even while The Cranberries were selling 40 million albums worldwide. Fame was a terrible weight around the neck of the sensitive country girl who suffered so badly from stage fright at early gigs she would sing with her back to the audience. It was a vulnerable state in which to be catapulted into rock's premier league on the back of first album Everybody Else Is Doing It, Why Can't We?

O'Riordan references the other major Irish rock act to break America. “With U2, it was their third album when they broke through. They came from a city, they were used to crowds. I was a girl — I didn't even know the boys; they were strangers, I jumped on the bus with them.”

Unformed and naí¯ve, she was isolated in a celebrity bubble. “It was hard because in those days there were no mobiles, no emails. So if you wanted to call your mum, you had to get your few coppers and go down to the phone box in the hotel.”

Her inexperience saw her “sign my soul away” and struggle under a heavy workload. “I remember there was a stage where I was doing two gigs a night — I was going on stage at six and coming off at eight. That's how we got there, how we got so big in America. Going back on at nine and coming off at 11. No wonder I got burnt out.”

She was already well down the road to depression when, halfway through the promotion of No Need To Argue, O'Riordan was in a skiing accident, aged 22. “I ended up in a hospital for a month. I was on morphine. I had major surgery, was on bedpans. No one spoke English. The band were so big, and suddenly I was in hospital and I got depressed. Then I got it again, six months down the road.”

By the time her naturally thin frame registered a frail six and a half stone on the weighing scales in 1996, O'Riordan was already a physical and mental wreck.

“I look back and see photographs of myself and I do recognise that I was 23 and, oh God, I was so bony.” She pulled out of a worldwide tour with the band and was sent from doctor to doctor to verify for insurance purposes that she was too unwell to be on stage.

She can talk about all this now because she feels she has dealt with it. While she makes some sweeping statements about fate and destiny, O'Riordan also speaks about accepting her “demons”. She says things like, “If aperson is judgmental on me, it's just because they don't love themselves.” The hallmarks, one thinks, of much soul-searching and therapy.

“And I find writing very therapeutic and very healing. It's really terrible when your life spirals out of control like that, but later on you can look back and you can talk about it honestly, without being ashamed of your weaknesses and what happened to you.”

It seems strange to me that someone with such a dysfunctional relationship with fame would want to put her head above the parapet again. Are You Listening? plunged her straight back into the quagmire of record-label difficulties when Sanctuary Records, who she signed to on going solo, were taken over by Universal. “So I only got the chance to release one single and my CDs were pulled out of the shops. It was a nightmare. I went from the frying pan into the bloody fire!”

This is where O'Riordan's newly acquired steeliness comes in. She slightly reworked a favourite track, Apple Of My Eye (about husband Don Burton), from that album and rereleased it on No Baggage to make it her property again. “I wrote it years ago, but it's a nice old love song. I think it would be a lovely single,” she says.

O'Riordan fixes me with an uncompromising eye. She's stronger now, she says. She has Don, the former Duran Duran tour manager whom she married in 1994, by her side. She is stepmother to his 17-year-old son; mother to their three children aged from 12 down to three years.

Family comes first, which is why they are moving to Canada for now so that 12-year-old Taylor can attend high school. I don't know it when I meet her, but O'Riordan will cancel the US tour she had planned for late summer, without stating a specific reason. Dolores comes first these days.

“My husband is with me now and I'm a lot older now. I'm like the mother now. It's not like I'm a little girl who's developing things and I don't know what the heck they are. Once you've hatched a few chickens yourself, there's nothing that can embarrass you. I'm a lot more relaxed and what-not.”

Relaxed Dolores is a funny concept. The woman opposite me is a fizzing ball of energy, “hyper” as she might be described in her native Limerick, almost too bright-eyed and “on”.

But she insists she is at peace. She paints abstract canvases, some of which she posts on her website for her devoted fanbase to view. “It's very, very hard to rise me now. I guess I have been through a lot for my age. I feel like I have survived some kind of thing, in a way.”

It's not correct to say that Dolores O'Riordan comes with no baggage. There's plenty of it. She just knows better how to pack it away

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #23 en: Agosto 21, 2009, 11:02:04 pm »
Madrid (EFE).- Sorprendió a propios y extraños cuando, a finales de 2003, abandonó The Cranberries para iniciar su carrera en solitario. Tras un debut prometedor con Are you listening?, Dolores O'Riordan presenta el martes No Baggage, un trabajo que que la cantante describe como "luminoso y positivo". La ex de The Cranberries, que asegura sentirse "en el mejor momento" de toda su vida, no evita hablar sobre el grupo que le lanzó al estrellato internacional: "Es inevitable que mi voz estíé asociada a The Cranberries. Yo soy The Cranberries, y siempre lo seríé", declara.

PALABRAS CLAVE

Toronto, Limerick, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Sex Pistols, David Bowie
Mirada penetrante y dura, pero al mismo tiempo cálida y cercana, O'Riordan asevera, en una entrevista con Efe, que "nunca" se separará de la formación con la que vendió 35 millones de discos, e incluso aventura un posible regreso: "Quizás dentro de unos años The Cranberries salgan de gira otra vez".

La artista de Limerick, que con No Baggage se enfrenta a su confirmación como solista, profundiza durante once canciones en "esos momentos duros" en los que uno cree que nunca será capaz de levantarse. "Lo importante -precisa- es que puedas darte cuenta de que, por mal que veas las cosas, todo puede mejorar".

O'Riordan ha jugado con el tí­tulo del disco, No Baggage -Sin equipaje- para referirse a la carga emocional con que la vida caracteriza a todas las personas: "¿Hay alguien sin equipaje? Todo el mundo tiene su equipaje, porque es lo que te convierte en quien eres y te hace más fuerte". Switch off the Moment, tema que abre el disco, es una reflexión sobre el insomnio y sus causas: "Cuando tienes en la cabeza muchas cosas que te preocupan, es imposible dormir". "Entonces -añade- necesitas a tu lado a esas personas que pueden transmitirte calma".

Dolores O'Riordan, que tambiíén sufrió problemas para conciliar el sueño, asegura que ya he dejado atrás "las pastillas para dormir", sustituidas ahora por "discos relajantes". "Cuando era joven no habí­a ordenadores portátiles, pero ahora son muy útiles, porque puedo llevarme mi música de yoga a todas partes", declara entre risas. "Sentimientos, esperanzas, inseguridades...", cita la artista cuando se le pregunta por las inspiraciones que impregnan No Baggage. "Siempre trato de ser absolutamente honesta sobre lo que siento, y creo que este disco es un buen ejemplo", afirma.

Contra lo que se pudiera esperar, Skeleton no habla de huesos y calaveras, sino de los secretos y vergí¼enzas que las personas "esconden en sus armarios". Por su parte, la balada Lunatic expone la necesidad de olvidar aquello que provoca la infelicidad, puesto que puede "conducir a la locura".

O'Riordan, luchadora, explica que no podrí­a concebir "una vida sin retos". "Cuando la vida es perfecta se convierte en aburrida; tienes que desafiarte, porque eso te da una razón para vivir", expone esta mujer que cita como referentes musicales a Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Sex Pistols o David Bowie. Por otro lado, la fortuna se ha mostrado esquiva con O'Riordan en las últimas semanas, cuando se ha visto obligada a cancelar la gira de presentación de "No baggage", que debí­a comenzar el 24 de septiembre en Toronto, sin más motivos que "los tiempos de cambio" para justificar la decisión.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #24 en: Agosto 24, 2009, 11:47:00 pm »
Dolores O'Riordan regresa dejando atrás a The Cramberries. En su segundo intento como solista trae un disco lleno de letras positivas y ritmos experimentales. No Baggage es el tí­tulo del nuevo trabajo de la irlandesa, que se estrena el 25 de agosto, y cuyo primer single The Journey, ya se editó en junio.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #25 en: Noviembre 15, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »
Dolores O'Riordan ha vuelto a la actualidad por ser uno de los miembros del jurado del talent show The Voice en Irlanda y por estar preparando su tercer disco en solitario.

Pero tambiíén es noticia por una triste razón, la vocalista de The Cranberries ha ofrecido una entrevista al periódico Sunday Independent en la que se ha armado de valor para confesar que sufrió abusos sexuales durante entre los 8 y los 12 por un vecino de confianza de su misma urbanización de su casa en Limerick, al sur de Irlanda.

Dolores explica que estos abusos son los culpables de sus múltiples problemas psicológicos, entre ellos la depresión y la anorexia que sufrió, y que le ha costado años de terapia poder intentar superarlo. De hecho, su canción Fee Fi Fo del álbum Bury the Hatchet (1999) habla explí­citamente del abuso infantil.

La cantante cuenta que se ha decidido a contarlo, apoyada por sus hijos, porque cree que el amor y la comprensión de sus fans pueden ayudarla a superarlo: "Siento que me he quitado un gran peso de encima y que me va a ayudar mucho abrirme y confesárselo a toda la gente que compró mis álbumes y que me quiere”.

Diferentes organizaciones han felicitado el coraje que ha tenido O’Riordan para confesar el hecho. La directora del “Centro de Crisis por Violaciones” de Irlanda, Ellen O’Malley-Dunlop, ha declarado que el paso dado por O’Riordan servirá para animar a innumerables ví­ctimas en todo el paí­s a salir del anonimato y buscar ayuda: "Creo que ha demostrado tener un enorme coraje y generosidad al contarlo, porque cuando gente como ella habla sobre el terrible trauma al que se ha visto sometido anima a otros a hacer lo mismo".

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #26 en: Agosto 04, 2014, 05:29:49 pm »
According to a Facebook page of Eric Alexandrakis, he is currently working with Dolores O’Riordan on some new music!

“Excited to be working on new music with the uniquely talented Dolores O’Riordan [The Cranberries],” Eric Alexandrakis wrote.

Eric Alexandrakis is a Greek singer/songwriter/composer/producer living in Miami, FL. According to his bio, he is best known for incorporating “a brand new technology invented by his long time friend, inventor Scott Moskowitz; that technology was digital watermarking [...] which is now used by every company in the world that uses any form of digital exchange, from record labels, to film studios, to banks and more.”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #27 en: Agosto 04, 2014, 05:31:15 pm »
According to a new  interview by Kellie Lewis, Dolores O’Riordan wants to help her favorite The Voice of Ireland contestant with the recording of her debut EP.

“Dolores now wants to work with me on my original music. That wouldn’t have been possible if I had won, so I am really happy,” Kellie explained in the interview for Limerick Leader. “I feel free at the moment. I feel really lucky. The be-all and end-all was getting to work with Dolores so now getting to work with her even further, after the show has finished, is my dream come true.”

Kellie Lewis of Team Dolores took second place in The Voice of Ireland final, losing out on the top spot to Brendan McCahey from Team Bressie.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #28 en: Agosto 04, 2014, 05:32:02 pm »
We’ve reported previously that Dolores O’Riordan is going to help her favorite The Voice Of Ireland contestant Kellie Lewis with the recording of her new songs, and now, according to Kellie’s twitter, we know that Dolores will produce Kellie’s first EP.

Kellie wrote that today is the first day of recording her debut EP:

“En route to studio-This is day 1 of recording my E.P with Dolores as the producer and I’m so excited!!”

Good luck, Kellie! And we can’t wait to hear more from you and Dolores!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #29 en: Agosto 04, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »
As mentioned in most of the main Irish newspapers last week, a source close to the singer announced that Dolores O’Riordan should not take part to the RTE talent contest this year.

Although the mother of three children was “credited with breathing a fresh lease of life into the show” and said several times that she was enjoying the experience, it seems the lengthy journey back and forth from Canada was a too hard to endure every week.
Let us remind you that the singer is also expected to release a third solo album this winter and probably tour in 2015.