INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Cranberries  (Leído 118865 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Cranberries anuncian su vuelta!
« Respuesta #270 en: Octubre 04, 2011, 10:46:09 pm »
Cranberries twitter (aka Noel in disguise!) states a new sample early next week

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #271 en: Octubre 05, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »
ill give their fans a Valentine's Day present in 2012 with the Feb. 14 release of "Roses," the quartet's first studio album since "Wake Up and Smell the Coffee" in 2001.

The new release comes on the heels of a reunion that brought the group back to the road in  2009 after a six-year hiatus and has continued with periodic touring since then. "It's kind of picking up where we left off," singer Dolores O'Riordan tells Billboard.com about "Roses," noting that the group started working on some of the songs, including "Raining in My Heart," during 2003 before starting the hiatus.

"The whole thing was very lovely," adds O'Riordan, who released a pair of solo albums -- "Are You Listening?" in 2007 and "No Baggage" in 2009 -- during the interim. "It really came together really nicely. A lot of the tracks were written without really thinking about it. They just came. I suppose we had more respect for each other and what we were doing. In the latter days, towards 2003, we were just kind of going through the motions a bit. Now we're really happy and really appreciate what we have together."

O'Riordan also gives props to Stephen Street, producing his fourth Cranberries album, for leading the group smoothly through sessions in April and May at Metalworks Studios in Toronto. "Stephen was a really important ingredient since he knows the band really well," says O'Riordan, who lives in rural northern Ontario with her family.  "One thing I noticed about having Stephen was he taught me to stop trying. I began to try with my singing, and he was like, 'Relax. Just let it happen.' When you're on tour too much or on stage too much, you feel like you have to deliver and get this super-hyped vibe going. He cooled me down and got me into a place where I was just singing... as opposed to performing, which really helped."

O'Riordan says she and her bandmates -- guitarist Noel Hogan, bassist Michael Hogan and drummer Fergal Lawler -- recorded 15 songs during the Toronto sessions, 11 of which will appear on "Roses" while the others will be used as B-sides and bonus tracks. A first single is still being determined, though O'Riordan says she favors "Tomorrow" which, like many of "Roses' " other songs, was inspired by real-life concerns of adulthood, parenting and mortality. "It's about the way we sometimes hyper over-escalate things in our minds, overthink about things...when sometimes spontaneity and just jumping in is better," O'Riordan explains. "Tomorrow you might not have that moment back again. So it's really about moving on and also about kid of looking at the younger generation and how they worry about all kinds of silly things. They don't think they're silly, but when you're older you know better."

Getting back to the Cranberries sound, meanwhile, was no problem for the group, especially after playing 107 shows around the world -- including the band's first-ever dates in China during July. "It's really cool, the chemistry," O'Riordan says. "It's really just right. There's something there when we're together that's really good. It's not something that money can buy. It's not really something anyone can really emulate. It's got to do with energy and chemistry and that kind of thing. It's like putting on a perfect pair of shoes. It just fits."

"Roses" will be released on Downtown Records/Cooking Vinyl in the U.S., and on Cooking Vinyl worldwide on Feb. 13. The Cranberries are planning to play  Australia in March, while O'Riordan is expecting more dates to follow "Roses' " release, including a return to North America.

The Track List for "Roses" Includes:
1. "Conduct"
2. "Tomorrow"
3. "Fire & Soul"
4. "Raining In My Heart"
5. "Losing My Mind"
6. "Schizophrenic Playboys"
7. "Waiting In Walthamstow"
8. "Show Me"
9. "Astral Projections"
10. "So Good"
11. "Roses"

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #272 en: Octubre 10, 2011, 10:45:16 pm »
Ya hay fecha de salida para el single!!

Release Date: 27 January 2012

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #273 en: Octubre 13, 2011, 10:48:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #274 en: Octubre 15, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »
The Cranberries romperán el próximo 14 de febrero de 2012 un silencio discográfico de más de una díécada sin nuevas canciones, desde que en 2001 publicaran Wake Up and Smell the Coffee.

El nuevo disco de estudio llevará por tí­tulo Roses. Encerrados en el estudio, han compuesto un total de 15 canciones, de las cuales 11 formarán parte del disco y las cuatro restantes se publicarán como caras-b.

El tracklist incluirá Conduct, Tomorrow, Fire & Soul, Raining In My Heart, Losing My Mind, Schizophrenic Playboys, Waiting In Walthamstow, Show Me, Astral Projections, So Good y Roses.

Esta nueva colección de canciones llega despuíés de la gira de reunificación que protagonizaron el pasado año Dolores ORiordan, Noel Hogan, Mike Hogan y Fergal Lawler y que les trajo a diversas ciudades españolas.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #275 en: Octubre 19, 2011, 04:34:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #276 en: Octubre 19, 2011, 11:04:42 pm »
Letra

Show Me

show me to the end of the night

show me to the end of the day

show me to the end of tomorrow

show to me the path I should take

show to me the choice I should make

show me direction

show me the way

show me today

and if I ever lose my way

and if I ever go astray

show me direction

take me to the darkest hour

show to me the strength and power

give me the key

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #277 en: Octubre 21, 2011, 10:09:35 pm »
The Cranberries are back! The original Irish four-piece fronted by Dolores O’Riordan, who lit up the charts for over a decade with classics such as “Linger”, “Dreams” and “Zombie” will release their first new studio album in over 10 years.
They’ve sold more than 30 million records, with four Top 20 Billboard albums and a total of eight hit singles. They’ve performed to millions of fans across the globe including several appearances for the Pope. They’ve graced the covers of Rolling Stone and SPIN Magazine, performed on Letterman and Leno. And now after taking a few years out to raise their families, the band are thrilled to be back with Roses, their sixth studio album and the first since Wake Up And Smell The Coffee in 2001.

“I always had the attitude that there would be another album,” says guitarist Noel Hogan. “We just agreed we needed to get away from it for a while. But now it’s great to be back.”

The new phase in The Cranberries career comes on the back of a successful reunion tour in 2010 which had them crisscrossing the globe playing to sold-out audiences every night. But it was during sound checks on the tour that Dolores, guitarist Noel Hogan, his brother Mike on bass and Fergal Lawler on drums found time to trade ideas and melody hints in the search for some brand new songs from that distinctive Cranberries sound.

The result is Roses, 11 new songs from The Cranberries. Produced by the band’s old friend and collaborator Stephen Street (The Smiths, Blur and more recently Kaiser Chiefs) the songs on Roses sound like nuggets buried deep inside The Cranberries’ soul harking back to the freshness and acoustic originality of the band’s first two albums, Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Cant We? and No Need To Argue. The innocence is back in the melodies, which are given plenty of room to breathe while the words have matured to explore the twists and turns of life’s uncertain paths.

The songs vary in pace and mood, from the soft and summery “Fire and Soul” to the reggae infused “Raining In My Heart” and the sweeping storm that rages within “Conduct Yourself.” Free of the constant routine of tours and albums that drove the band prior to their hiatus the songs on Roses come from a band with a renewed hunger to get the sound just right. And in every corner you’ll find the extraordinary sound of Dolores O’Riordan’s voice, the pivotal instrument which transformed this band from a group of young Irish hopefuls at the edge of the 80s into an MTV sensation and worldwide supergroup within just a few short years.

Originally formed in 1989 as The Cranberry Saw Us, Noel, Mike and Fergal first met Dolores O’Riordan in May 1990 after she auditioned for them shortly after their original singer left the band. They knew instantly they had found an extraordinary voice and a songwriter whose lyrics could compliment Noel’s unique guitar sound. The hits were just around the corner and soon after signing to Island Records the single “Linger” was adopted by MTV in America who played the video every hour. The soft-sided tune went on to become a massive worldwide hit, followed by the sharper edged “Dreams”. A fairytale start to an unforgettable decade.

The Cranberries returned in 1994 with the second Stephen Street produced album, No Need To Argue. Keeping abreast of the 90s taste for grunge, the album skipped between the fully loaded “Zombie” which scorched a trail to the No. 1 slot across the world and the softer, more reflective “Ode To My Family”. Album sales were huge. Between them, the first two releases alone notched up more than 20 million copies. Demands on the band’s time rose, fans rioted at a free show in the U.S.  By the time they came off the road to record the follow-up, The Cranberries were among the biggest bands in the world.

The third album, To The Faithful Departed was released in 1996 and mirrored the frantic pace of the lives of the four members. With Aerosmith producer Bruce Fairburn at the controls, the band’s sound put the innocence away and turned up the volume in favour of a faster, harder rock style with songs like “Free To Decide”, “When You’re Gone” and – still a big crowd pleaser to this day – “Salvation.”

In 1999, they released their fourth album Bury The Hatchet, a way of making peace with the pop and rock audience. With a two year interval from the public gaze they served up a more relaxed mix of pop and rock in singles such as “Promises”, Animal Instinct” and “Just My Imagination.” After a lengthy world tour, they reunited with original producer Stephen Street in 2001 to make their fifth album Wake Up And Smell The Coffee, featuring top tracks “Analyze” and “Pretty Eyes”. The tours rolled out one after another and in between performances they somehow found the time to promote Stars, a 20 track compilation of their very best, released in 2002.

In September 2003, as they considered recording another album, the band put the brakes on what had turned into an endless routine of performing and recording and went their separate ways. Glad of the break, the four who had all married by this time stepped out of the glare and returned home to raise their young families. The break proved quite successful in that respect.  At a recent children’s party in Limerick, to which all four members were invited, they realized there are now more than a dozen little Cranberries!

But during their time off from each other, some of the members continued to explore new sounds. Dolores released two solo albums, Are You Listening in 2007 and two years later No Baggage. Noel continued to write and produce releasing Mono Band in 2005 and later, Arkitekt.  Fergal fed in to several acts in the local Limerick scene including The Low Network and Brendan Markham. And Mike stayed out of studios altogether, preferring to run a successful restaurant in Limerick city.

In 2009, Mike joined his brother Noel to perform some Cranberries songs at a college event in Dublin to honour Dolores. Of the performance Dolores says “The minute we started playing it felt like we’d never stopped. There’s something about playing with the Cranberries, it’s like putting on the pair of perfect shoes.  It’s a chemistry. It just fits.” By then, Noel was back in touch with his former lead singer, sending her a variety of musical ideas for new songs. The small acoustic event helped ease the partnership back together again and within the year the Cranberries were testing the waters with some low-key shows. The following year saw them back up to speed again with a world tour featuring the very best of The Cranberries.

Some of the songs from the latest album date back to the days before they paused The Cranberries in 2003, like “Astral Projection” and “Raining In My Heart”. Others come from the sound checks in 2010, like “Serendipity,” “Conduct Yourself,” and the seize-the-day themed first single “Tomorrow.” But there were still a few surprises at the last minute during recording at Metalworks in Toronto in April and May of 2011. On an evening off as Dolores was going in to watch the movie Limitless, she listened to a melody Noel had saved for her. She loved it instantly and later that night wrote the lyrics to it calling the song “Roses”. The song is now the title of the album, the sixth from The Cranberries and one they are confident will please their fans and win a legion of new ones.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #278 en: Octubre 21, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »
Show Me The Way

Lyrics by Dolores O'Riordan

All Rights reserved

Show me to the end of the night

Show me to the end of the day

Show me to the end of tomorrow, tomorrow

Show to me the path I should take

Show to me the choice I should make

Show me direction, direction

Show me the way,

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me today

And if I ever lose my way

And if I ever go astray

Show me direction, direction

Take me to the darkest hour

Show to me the strength and power

Give me the key

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Show me the way

Today

Today

Today

Show me the way

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #279 en: Octubre 21, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #280 en: Octubre 25, 2011, 10:25:17 pm »
Fecha de estreno!!

Tomorrow í¨ invece il titolo del primo singolo ufficiale tratto da "Roses", e sarí  disponibile per la programmazione radiofonica a partire da Venerdí¬ 18 Novembre 2011.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #281 en: Octubre 31, 2011, 10:41:41 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #282 en: Noviembre 06, 2011, 02:50:35 pm »
Guitarist Noel Hogan revealed today on Twitter that The Cranberries will embark on a European promo tour at the end of the month. Dates and venues are still to be confirmed.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #283 en: Noviembre 06, 2011, 10:54:36 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #284 en: Noviembre 10, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »

Saturday 17 March F1 Rocks In Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl www.ticketmaster.com.au  Formula 1 After Race Concert 18+*

Sunday 18 March F1 Rocks In Melbourne, Sidney Myer Music Bowl www.ticketmaster.com.au 136 100 – Formula 1 After Race Concert 18+*

Tuesday 20 March Wollongong, WIN Entertainment Centre www.ticketek.com.au

Wednesday 21 March Sydney, Sydney Entertainment Centre www.ticketmaster.com.au

Saturday 24 March Brisbane, Riverstage 18+ www.ticketmaster.com.au

Wednesday 28 March Perth, Athletics Stadium www.ticketmaster.com.