INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Nightwish  (Leído 332995 veces)

_V_

• Visitante
Re: Nightwish
« Respuesta #15 en: Diciembre 23, 2007, 10:59:11 am »
Si q se pasan 3 pueblos pero hay cosas q dan en el clavo xD

MERRY CHRISTMAS  L:P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ce9LDQXKW8

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
« Respuesta #16 en: Diciembre 25, 2007, 08:48:23 pm »
Felicitamos a Tuomas Holopainen, en su 31 cumpleaños!!! ^-^

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #17 en: Diciembre 26, 2007, 12:18:45 pm »
Entrevista a Tuomas (otra mas)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKictMRy_uM

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #18 en: Enero 04, 2008, 11:08:36 pm »
El nuevo disco de NIGHTWISH "Dark Passsion Play", ya es oro en Alemania al haber vendido más de 100.000 copias en ese paí­s. Recibieron el premio el pasado 29 de diciembre durante el festival A Dark Winter´s Night, celebrado en Oberhausen, Germany, donde la banda actuó ante más de 6.000 personas.
El disco tambiíén ha sido certificado triple platino en Finlandia, platino en Suiza y oro en Suecia, Austria y Polonia. .

Además, su nuevo single sólo para Finlandia, "Erí¤maan Viimeinen" (Last of the Wilds), tambiíén ha entrado en el primer puesto de las listas de su paí­s. El tema es la instrumental “Last of the wilds” pero con una letra en finlandíés escrita por la cantante de la banda femenina de pop/rock INDICA, que les telonean en su paí­s.

Recordamos que tocaran en nuestro pais en abril:

Dí­a 14 de Abril - Sala Razzmatazz I - BARCELONA
Dí­a 15 de Abril - Sala Santana 27 - BILBAO
Dí­a 16 de Abril - Sala La Riviera - MADRID

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #19 en: Enero 04, 2008, 11:15:57 pm »
NIGHTWISH's Anette Olzon is featured in the January 2008 issue of Metal Maniacs talking about her band's latest album, "Dark Passion Play". Excerpts follow:

On being a woman in metal:

"All this beautiful [music] is lovely, but you need to be naughty sometimes. I'm a nice girl, but I don't feel all the things I sing about are only from a male perspective. Everyone has sins and naughty thoughts. You just have to bring that out when you're onstage. When I sing 'She Is My Sin', I try to sing it from my perspective, even though it's about a girl."

On how she joined the band after the departure of vocalist Tarja Turunen:

"I think I was among the first 10 or 20 submissions. The sound engineer in my other band said, 'Have you heard? NIGHTWISH kicked out Tarja. You should apply.' I was like, 'No. Why should I?' He said, 'Well, you should hurry up, because I hear they already have someone.' This was like a week after everything happened. I rushed to the studio and asked a friend, did the song rapidly and sent it off. I only sent 'Ever Dream', a new version. We redid the background and guitars. It's my version. Maybe one week later, Tuomas [Holopainen] sent me an email that he really liked it, but it wasn't until September [2006] that I actually met them. They turned me down once, before that! I didn't know why. They didn't say, but I know now it's because I have a child. I was stubborn and during the summer, I sent them some more material, but I still had to wait until late January to know it was me."

On her input for "Dark Passion Play":

“Even if it's the same melody, the way I sing it is a little different in that I accentuated certain words. I really get into 'Eve'. On 'Sahara', at the end, where I had to do the 'ohs,' they just said, 'Do something.' There are lots of little things everywhere. When I sing a song, I never sing exactly how it's written. That's the difference between me and a classical singer. I don't sing by notes. I improvise and sing by hearing, so the interpretation is mine."

TRADUCCIí“N:

Sobre ser una mujer en el metal:

"Toda esta música es encantadora, pero tienes que ser algo traviesa a veces. Soy una buena chica, pero no pienso que todo lo que cante estíé expresando solo el punto de vista masculino. Todo el mundo tiene pecados y malos pensamientos. Solo tienes que sacarlos fuera en el escenario. Cuando canto 'She Is My Sin', intentó hacerlo desde mi perspectiva, aunque hable de una chica."

Acerca de su llegada a NIGHTWISH al marcharse Tarja Turunen:

"Creo que la mí­a fue una de las primeras 10 ó 20 solicitudes. El ingeniero de sonido de mi otra banda dijo: ' ¿Has visto? NIGHTWISH han echado a Tarja. Deberí­as intentarlo.' Yo le respondí­ que no, a lo que me replicó, 'Bueno, pues deberí­as darte prisa porque creo que ya tienen a alguien.' Esto fue una semana despuíés del suceso, fui al estudio de un amigo mí­o, hicimos la canción rápidamente y la mandamos. Solo enví­e una nueva versión de 'Ever Dream'. Rehicimos las bases y las guitarras, se podrí­a decir que es mi versión. Más o menos una semana despuíés, Tuomas Holopainen me envió un mail en el que me dijo que le habí­a gustado, aunque no nos encontramos hasta septiembre del 2006. Al principio me rechazaron, no sabí­a cual era el motivo porque no me lo dijeron, aunque ahora se que fue porque tení­a un hijo. Estaba algo decepcionada, pero seguí­ enviándoles material durante el verano; no supe que era yo hasta enero."

Su aportación a "Dark Passion Play":

“Aunque fuera la misma melodí­a, yo canto de una forma muy distinta, sobre todo a la hora de acentuar ciertas palabras. Me gusta 'Eve'. En 'Sahara', al final cuando canto los 'ohs', solo dijeron, 'haz algo.' Hay muchos pequeños detalles por todos los lados, cuando interpretó un tema, no lo hago exactamente como está escrito. Esa es la principal diferencia entre una cantante clásica y yo, no canto nota a nota. Canto de oí­do, por lo que la interpretación es mí­a."

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #20 en: Enero 04, 2008, 11:43:56 pm »
Al principio me rechazaron, no sabí­a cual era el motivo porque no me lo dijeron, aunque ahora se que fue porque tení­a un hijo

Que capullos cambiachaquetas!!! l:S

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #21 en: Enero 07, 2008, 10:10:05 pm »
Annete colaborara con BROTHER FIRETRIBE (la otra banda de Emppu) cantando con el vocalista de la banda Pekka Ansio Heino en la cancion "Heart Full of Fire". Parece que hay buen rollo entre estos 2  L:P

BROTHER FIRETRIBE, the Finnish AOR/hard rock band featuring NIGHTWISH guitarist Emppu Vuorinen, is hard at work with its second album. A total of 10 songs were demoed for the CD and drums for the entire LP have already been recorded. Guitars have been completed for eight songs, five five of which also have their final keyboard parts. The rest of the keyboard, guitar and bass recordings will be completed in August, and the vocals will be laid down in September. Finally, the album will be mixed and mastered in October.

BROTHER FIRETRIBE's second album will contain the following tracks:

01. Runaways
02. Out of My Head
03. Heard It on My Radio
04. Wildest Dreams
05. Who Will You Run To Now
06. Play It from the Heart
07. Game They Call Love
08. Heart Full of Fire
09. I Am Rock
10. Chasing the Angels (Mike Reno song from "Iron Eagle II")

A single, "Runaways", will precede the album. In addition to the title cut, the single will include the song "Chasing the Angels".

Anette Olzon of NIGHTWISH will share the singing duties with BROTHER FIRETRIBE vocalist Pekka Ansio Heino on the "blazing hot" track "Heart Full of Fire".

Unashamedly taking a bow to their influences from the '80s — VAN HALEN, JOURNEY and other chartbusters of old — BROTHER FIRETRIBE's sound features "killer vocal harmonies and airy keyboard lines that will stick to your head like a misplaced bubble gum," according to a press release. "The cherries on the pie are Pekka Heino's smooth, dreamy voice and Emppu Vuorinen's guitar work, with his immaculate sense of style, rich tone and trademark sound which can't be mistaken, as the hundreds of thousands of fans of NIGHTWISH can attest."

BROTHER FIRETRIBE is:

Pekka Ansio Heino (LEVERAGE) - vocals
Emppu Vuorinen (NIGHTWISH) - guitar
Jason Flinck - bass, backing vocals
Kalle "Calu" Torniainen – drums
Tomppa Nikulainen - keyboards

For audio samples, check out www.myspace.com/brotherfiretribe.

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #22 en: Enero 07, 2008, 10:36:23 pm »
Live from Salzburg, Austria, 28.December 2007

Ever Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ8Fzd3eH0c

Nemo (touch me with your love... ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1iu4X25zrs

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #23 en: Enero 07, 2008, 11:12:05 pm »
Anette va mejorando! ^-^

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #24 en: Enero 10, 2008, 11:58:30 pm »
El dia 15-02-08 sale el single Bye Bye Beautiful, los contenidos no son nada nuevos, lo que si que me parece impactante es la portada, extremadamente simbólica,la ficha caida es la reina.

Tracklist:

DISK 1:
1.Bye Bye Beautiful
2.The Poet And The Pendulum (demo version)
3.Escapist
4.Bye Bye Beautiful (DJ Orkidea remix)

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #25 en: Enero 17, 2008, 11:41:56 pm »
The Songs That Changed My Life - Tuomas Holopainen

Walking In The Air - Howard Blake

"This is the song from the animated movie 'The Snowman' and it's the song that I would take with me to a desert island. I think it's the most beautiful piece of music ever written, and it brings back a lot of memories for me because in Finland every Christmas Eve they show 'The Snowman' on TV, which makes it a really big part of Christmas. We decided to cover it in homage to the greatest song ever written."
FIND IT: 'The Snowman' soundtrack, 1996.

One - Metallica

I really was not into hard music at all until I saw Metallica in Kansas City in 1992 when I was 15. I was on a foreign exchange thing and the family took me to see Metallica and Guns N' Roses in this huge arena. I remember when I saw Metallica I didn't expect anything, but when Metallica came out with all the pyrotechnics and explosions and stuff I was like, 'This is the coolest thing I've ever seen' and I turned into a metal fan immediately."
FIND IT: 'And Justice For All', 1988

Why So Lonely? - The 3rd And The Mortal

"When I heard this song on Finnish radio was when I discovered females in metal music. That album is still one of my favourites to this day; it brought in this whole new idea of females singing with metal bands, F and definitely without it Nightwish would not exist."
FIND IT: 'Tears Laid In Earth', 1994

Over The Hills And Far Away - Gary Moore

"This was the first music video I saw about 20 years ago and I just immediately fell in love with the song and especially the video. I think it's filmed in Ireland, it's Gary Moore playing among all of this really beautiful Irish scenery, which just looks incredible."
FIND IT: 'Wild Frontier', 1987

The Battle - Hans Zimmer

"From the soundtrack to the movie 'Gladiator'. This is probably the best piece of film music ever written, and it really started me off as a film music maniac. It's about 10 minutes long, and it really captures everything that's great about that movie soundtrack, you can really visualise bits of the movie in the music, which is something I really got into from seeing that film."
FIND IT: 'Gladiator' soundtrack, 2000

Fields of Coral - Vangelis

"If I had to name one song I've listened to the most times in my life, it would be this song. Literally thousands of times and it really hasn't lost any of its appeal at all. It's seven minutes of the same thing over and over again but that atmosphere in it is huge. I've fallen asleep so many times to this song, it is so heavenly."
FIND IT: 'Oceanic', 1996

Sear Me MCMXCIII - My Dying Bride

"My Dying Bride have had a massive impact on me, particularly in my lyric writing; I think Aaron Stanthorpe is one of the best lyricists in the whole world. When I was at high school there was this girl, and she didn't know anything about me, until one day I went to her and gave her the lyrics to this song and said 'This is how I feel about you'. After that we were together for a couple of years!"
FIND IT: 'Turn Loose The Swans', 1993

Guilty Pleasure! Frozen - Madonna  :)

"This song itself is incredible, but what makes the song great for me is the video, because it's probably the best one ever made. I love all the imagery and atmosphere in the video; It's quite dark and looks like something we might do, with all the landscapes and the girl dancing and stuff"
FIND IT: 'Ray of Light', 1998

Tuomas Also Loves

Carcass - 'Heartwork'
Queen - 'The Show Must Go On'
Rammstein - 'Sonne'
Herbie Hancock - 'Chameleon'
Pantera - 'Mouth For War'
Xentrix - 'For Whose Advantage?

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #26 en: Enero 17, 2008, 11:44:34 pm »
KRIEGER To Support NIGHTWISH In Germany

German rock band KRIEGER has been confirmed as the support act for NIGHTWISH on the German leg of the Finnish/Swedish symphonic metallers' upcoming tour. Also appearing on the bill is PAIN.
KRIEGER's self-titled debut album was released in August 2007.

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #27 en: Enero 25, 2008, 09:09:58 pm »

NIGHTWISH has been nominated in the following categories at the Emma Gaala (Finnish Grammy equivalent):

* Band Of The Year
* Best Metal Album ("Dark Passion Play")
* Best Album" ("Dark Passion Play")
* Song Of The Year ("Amaranth")
* Best Finnish Artist

Emma Gaala will be held on Saturday March 8, 2008 at Kulttuuritalo in Helsinki.

NIGHTWISH has also been nominated for the German Echo award in the "Rock/Alternative (international)" category.

The Echo awards ceremony will take place on February 15 in Berlin.

NIGHTWISH will perform at Tremont Music Hall in Charlotte, North Carolina on September 24 as part of the third U.S. leg of the band's tour in support of the "Dark Passion Play" album. The trek is tentatively scheduled to begin at the end of August and run through the end of September. Final details, including special guest support and on-sale dates, will be officially announced on April 9. Discussions have also started to bring the band back to North America in early 2009 for additional touring.

NIGHTWISH's latest album, "Dark Passsion Play", has been certified gold in Germany for sales in excess of 100,000 copies. The award presentation took place on December 29, 2007 at the On A Dark Winter's Night Festival in Oberhausen, Germany, where NIGHTWISH played in front of 6,000 fans.

"Dark Passion Play" has been certified triple platinum in the band's home country of Finland, platinum in Switzerland, and gold in Sweden, Austria and Poland.

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #28 en: Enero 25, 2008, 09:10:37 pm »
NIGHTWISH en China:

"7 Days to the Wolves" in Beijing, China on January 21, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEGKB-QA0gk

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #29 en: Enero 25, 2008, 09:13:48 pm »
Live from Joensuu, Finland, 12. December 2007