INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Corrs  (Leído 46095 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
The Corrs
« en: Marzo 17, 2008, 10:53:30 pm »
Hace 10 años esta banda realizó un concierto en el Royal Albert Hall de Londres, con motivo del dí­a de San Patricio en Irlanda. El concierto supuso el espaldarazo definiivo a su carrera y contó con la participación de Mick Fleetwood, baterí­a de Fleetwood Mac. Hoy se cumplen 10 años y quiero compartir este concierto con vosotros!

:021:
Disfrutadlo!
« Última modificación: Octubre 02, 2009, 11:37:39 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
Re: The Corrs Live at Royal Albert Hall
« Respuesta #1 en: Marzo 17, 2008, 11:06:25 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #2 en: Marzo 17, 2008, 11:24:35 pm »
07 - What Can I Do? (está canción salió en un anuncio del Corte Inglíés) :021:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTVdvghABqY

08 - The Right Time L:M L:M L:M L:M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gx0xghdftk

09 - Queen Of Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-C5f4xqiMw

10 - Dreams (con Mick Fleetwood)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ath74bGNIYU

11 - Sharon's Solo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KzOIcJDcxo

12 - Haste To The Wedding (la baterí­a chiflada 2º parte)  :016:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEylZrUa2Sk

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #3 en: Marzo 17, 2008, 11:38:16 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #4 en: Marzo 27, 2008, 10:31:20 pm »
Sharon y Jim venden sus casas de Dublí­n!!

THE CORRS: Sharon and Jim have both put their southside homes on the market

Two members of family rock group, the Corrs have put their Dublin homes on the market.

Sharon Corr and her brother Jim are selling their luxury Dublin pads for a total of €4.35m.

Those looking for something with a feminine touch might prefer violinist Sharon Corr’s residence at Ailesbury Mews with its three bedrooms.

Sharon and her barrister husband Gavin Bonnar are moving from the 153sq m home laid out over two floors in the upmarket Ailesbury area.

The couple had their first child, Flori Jean Elizabeth, last July.

The central feature of their home is a large, openplan living/dining room with a dark wooden floor, which opens out onto the courtyard.

The country style kitchen, with hand-painted units and a red range style stove and a small bedroom, which could be used as a study, take up the rest of this floor.

A pink carpeted stairs leads to two more bedrooms, both en-suite, with the main bedroom to the front of the house.

The asking price from Sherry FitzGerald is €3.25million and the house also has planning permission for a 60sq m extension.

Over at Donnybrook Castle on the Stillorgan Road, Jim Corr, the eldest and only male of the group, is selling his €1.1million penthouse with 134sq m of living space.

The three-bedroomed apartment is decorated in a far more masculine style than Sharon’s mews home, with lots of greys, muted greens and dark wood.

The large main living room has views over the Dublin mountains and leads into a black and red kitchen.

All of the three bedrooms in the penthouse are double rooms

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #5 en: Marzo 27, 2008, 10:37:23 pm »
El señor Gerry Corr, padre de la banda celebró su 75 cumpleaños!!

75 years is Corrs for celebration

By Barry Egan
Sunday March 23 2008

The Corrs celebrated their dad's 75th birthday in Dundalk on Friday night. I bet that having his songbird family sing Happy Birthday was pressie enough for their beloved father, Gerry.

Andrea, Sharon (with husband Gavin), Caroline and brother Jim helped their dad blow out the candles off his birthday cake at a party for family and close friends in Blackrock, just outside Dundalk. I've met Gerry many times over the years and he is one of the nicest men on the planet.

Well, he is responsible for giving us one of the world's most beautiful women, Andrea Corr (boyfriend Brett Desmond didn't know what he was missing by not being at the party).

- Barry Egan

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #6 en: Mayo 10, 2008, 10:41:07 pm »
Andrea y Sharon actuarán en el concierto homenaje a Nelson Mandela el 27 de junio!!
« Última modificación: Marzo 17, 2016, 03:55:30 pm por Serena »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #7 en: Mayo 16, 2008, 11:40:51 pm »
Sharon Corr will join Zuchero as special guest for a song when he performs at the National Stadium this Friday 16th May. Tickets at €44.20 including booking fee are on sale now Ticketmaster and usual outlets nationwide.

Perhaps no other recording artist in the world has recorded as many successful - and diverse - collaborations as Zucchero. His current greatest hits collection “All The Best" features Zucchero's first such collaboration with jazz legend Miles Davis. In 1988, Davis came to Italy on a world tour and was very impressed when he heard Zucchero's song Dune Mosse, which was a radio hit at that time. The obvious blues influences that Zucchero mixed unabashedly with romantic, Italian melodies appealed to Davis so much that he proposed that they record Dune Mosse together in New York. Ali D'oro, recorded in 2001, also features another great American musician, John Lee Hooker, in the last recording of his career.

Several tracks on All The Best contain stellar guest performances from artists such as Luciano Pavarotti, John Lee Hooker and Vanessa Carlton.

In a recent interview Zucchero confided that he was proud of the close bonds he's formed with English-speaking artists such as Eric Clapton, Bono, Ray Charles and Miles Davis. “It's not easy," he says, “for a continental European artist to get the respect from an English or American artist. I think it's different for me because my music is a little bit different. I have a lot of influences coming from the blues, soul, gospel and Italian melodies. It's a mixture of things they find interesting."

“All The Best" includes a 1995 version of Senza Una Donna, the song that brought Zucchero international fame when he recorded it with Paul Young in 1990.

Please note: Zucchero will perform for 2.5 hours on the night with no support act.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #8 en: Junio 04, 2008, 11:09:19 pm »
El Guitarrista de los Corrs: “el 11-S fue un trabajo desde dentro”

El guitarrista de The Corrs, Jim Corr, ha afirmado que hubo pruebas irrefutables de que los ataques del 11-S en Amíérica se llevaron a cabo a manos de "traidores" del "gobierno neo-con" del presidente de los EEUU George Bush.

En una rara intervención acerca de polí­tica, el miembro masculino del grupo The Corrs tambiíén atacó el tratado de Lisboa argumentando que es "totalitarismo occidental de puntillas".

En una entrevista con Matt Cooper en el programa "Last Word" de la cadena irlandesa Today FM, Jim planteó la situación para votar "no" al tratado de Lisboa, argumentando que podrí­a introducir la pena de muerte en Irlanda y contribuir a un "nuevo orden mundial".

La oposición de Jim Corr se basa en sus tres años “estudiando el Nuevo Orden Mundial del cual la Unión Europea forma parte”.
Dijo que “La U.E. es un escalón hacia un gobierno mundial, se unirá con la Unión Asiático-Pací­fica, la Unión Africana y la Unión Norteamericana”. El Tratado de Lisboa en sí­ mismo introducirá “una tecnocracia cientí­fica” a Europa que desgastará la soberaní­a nacional.

Jim Corr afirmó que La Carta de Derechos Fundamentales permite la introducción de la pena de muerte.
"Previene la introducción de la ley para la pena de muerte en tiempos de guerra o de inminente amenaza de la misma”.
“Lo que estamos viendo es la introducción silenciosa del totalitarismo en Occidente con el 11-S como la llave para entender esto.”
“Cuando estudias el 11-S se vuelve muy evidente... Era un ataque terrorista representado, lo que se dice una operación de bandera falsa”.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #9 en: Junio 14, 2008, 04:46:28 pm »
10th Anniversary Belfast Event Reunites Northern Ireland Peace Negotiators

More than 300 guests gathered in Belfast yesterday to hear the negotiators of the Belfast Agreement discuss the historic negotiations, which brought about an end to the decades-long conflict and ushered in an era of peace, which culminated in the restoration of the Northern Ireland Assembly last year. The US-Ireland Alliance hosted this event, which, for the first time, brought together on the same stage, fourteen of the negotiators of the 10th anniversary of the Agreement.

The world’s press descended on the even which included Irish Prime Minister Bertie Ahern, former US Senator George Mitchell, General John de Chastelain, John Hume, Gerry Adams, Mark Durkan, Sir Reg Empey, David Andrews, Liz O’Donnell, Secretary of State for Wales Paul Murphy, Monica McWilliams, Lord Alderdice, Dawn Purvis, and David Adams. Video tributes of former Secretary of State for Northern Ireland Mo Mowlam and David Ervine were shown.

Commenting on the event, Trina Vargo, President of US- Ireland Alliance said, “ People who had acrimonious debates 10 years ago were genuinely happy to be together. There was a warmth and respect that might give hope to others in the seeming intractable conflicts around the world.”

It was generally agreed by the panel that ‘trust’ might not have been achieved but ‘understanding’ was and that that was crucial to a positive outcome. It was also noted that the process is still a work in progress. The event was moderated by BBC presenter, Noel Thompson. The majority of audience consisted of the nearly 100 alumni of the US-Ireland Alliance’s George J. Mitchell Scholarship program and their peers (young leaders between the ages of 22 and 35) from Northern Ireland and Ireland. Other guests included former US Ambassador to Ireland, Jean Kennedy Smith, Academy Award winner Jim Sheridan and Academy Award nominee Terry George, Baroness May Blood, Merchant Hotel owner Bill Woolsey, Geraldine Hughes, Sharon Corr and Gavin Bonnar, Sir George and Lady Quigley, US Consul General to Belfast, Susan Elliot, Sir Hugh Orde, and several of the island’s university presidents.

A dinner at the Europa followed and included performances by Duke Special and Maura O’Connell, as well as a reading by poet Michael Longley. Mitchell Scholarship program Director Mary Lou Hartman introduced the graduating class of Mitchell Scholars. Senator Mitchell presented them with their class rings, a gift from Cross Atlantic Capital Partners.

Trina Vargo, President of the US-Ireland Alliance, talked about the long-term value of the Mitchell Scholarship program which is only beginning to be felt. She told the story of Winnie Li, a 2001 graduate of the program who is now a London-based filmmaker. Ms. Li is about to shoot her second film in Northern Ireland, which is expected to pump more than one million pounds sterling into the local economy.

Dublin-based Tyrone Productions recorded the symposium and the event will be broadcast on the US-Ireland Alliance website within a week.

Major supporters of the event were Alburn, the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, The Atlantic Philanthropies, and Quinlan Private.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #10 en: Agosto 05, 2008, 11:47:12 pm »
It's really unsettling to be cornered by some wild-eyed, spittle-spraying weirdo telling you his crazy theory about what supermarkets do with the data from customer loyalty cards. But, in fairness, Jim Corr listened very politely to my rant about store cards.

"It's more geopolitics that I have got interested in," Jim pointed out, helpfully.

Jim also came across as Mr Normal Dad in relation to Brandon, his two-year-old son with ex-girlfriend, Gayle Williamson. Brandon is going to be brought up Catholic.

Before the interview, I had visions of a goggle-eyed Jim engaging in all-night Googling sessions. "I love my sleep!" he chuckled, dispelling the image.

Jim insisted that he has to take a break from the stuff he's interested in. "You cannot allow it to totally overwhelm you," he said. "I try not to let it affect my life in a negative way."

He's not even bothered that negative publicity might damage his musical success.

Jim discounted the theory that conspiracies are ways for the human mind to make sense of traumatic events, such as Diana's death or the assassination of JFK.

"It's a very common psychology used to explain why people use their own ability to explain why they think critically about stuff. It's also common to say that many other truth-seekers on the planet — who have been found out to have been absolutely right about what they have been saying — that they're of unsound mind or that they've had a troubled background. I have not had a troubled background. I don't believe I'm of unsound mind," the Dundalk man said.

He's still passionate about music — his favourite bands are Coldplay and Keane — and is also a deeply humane guy, who's clearly still devastated about his beloved mother's death eight years ago.

"It's pretty bad. Anyone who goes through the loss of a parent knows what it's like. It's awful. You learn to accept it, you do over time. You get on with it."

He loves to talk about his dad, with whom he seems to have a very close relationship. "We can talk about anything. We may not always agree, but he's a very bright, intelligent man. I've learned an awful lot from him.”

A couple of months ago, he was Jim Corr of world-renowned group the Corrs, the bloke with three beautiful sisters. Now, he’s the poster boy for internet conspiracy theorists and a leading anti-Lisbon campaigner.

He doesn't like the term conspiracy theorist and prefers to be known as a truth-seeker.

Up until three years ago, Jim wasn't that bothered about current affairs. He was in London's Soho on the day of 9/11 and, at the time, he believed the official line that it was an al-Qaeda attack.

"I have been mostly sleepwalking around this planet for most of my life. I never really took an interest in politics, or global politics for that matter," he says.

It was only three years ago, when the band went off the road, that Jim first looked at clips on Google Videos about 9/11 and became interested — very interested. He avidly watched documentaries such as Loose Change and 9/11 Mysteries and devoured books, such as 9/11 Synthetic Terror. Now, he believes a war on democracy has been launched, and that there is a secret government behind many western democracies.

"I think that people should research for themselves and look at the reality that there's a whole secret government of the West, consisting of elements of the elite banking families and elements within European royalty and aristocracy, and it is widely believed now that the likes of Blair and Brown are both puppets way down the chain of command.

"The biggest concern to me is this push towards global governance. This push towards a one-world government. The agenda is basically to merge the European Union with the Asian Pacific Union and the African Union and the North American Union."

It's quite disconcerting to hear Jim come out with these theories because he's a balanced and chilled-out guy on most levels.

The first step in rationalising why Jim Corr believes these theories is to remember that he has lived a surreal existence for a long time — dinners with Nelson Mandela and, ironically, several visits to the White House to see both Presidents Clinton and Bush.

He also spoke of the madness of touring with three of his siblings for many years: "It is difficult. We were lucky, we generally had a good relationship. We all certainly had our moments. What kept us together doing this was the love of music and the love of performing."

Now, he dabbles in property development, and the other band members have been busy with their own lives. He needed something else to engage his attention once the band stopped playing.

Talking about religion and spirituality, Jim put forward his theory on Christianity. "I believe that we've been duped into worshipping the sun, if you look at the birth sequence and the death sequence in relation to Jesus Christ, you will discover that it totally relates to the sun.

"What I mean by that is that on the 25th of December, in the belt of Orion, you have three stars and they line up with the brightest star in the sky, which is Osiris, which lines up with exactly the point where the sun rises on December 25.

"Those three stars in the belt of Orion are known to this day as the three kings. Three wise kings that follow the brightest star in the sky, to meet where Jesus is born. It's the sun. I believe that we've been duped into worshipping the sun," he says.

On global-warming, he says: "I believe that the anthropological global warming is a scam; I believe that man-made warming is a scam. The earth is actually in a cooling phase. The reason I doubt this is because scientists were able to determine that, in fact, the entire solar system at one point was heating up. And, indeed, the ice caps on Mars were receding.

"And SUVs on planet earth couldn't possibly be doing that, so what is? It must be the sun. The sun is going through a cyclical period of intense luminosity and indeed scientists were able to prove that by taking ice-core samples from the South and North Pole, and they have been able to establish that, indeed, it's cyclical. It's periodic, it happens."

He believes that climate change is now being used as another method of control of the citizenry and is a revenue-raising ruse.

Jim is also suspicious of the current oil shortage. "Forgive me if I sound like I see scams everywhere — I don't — but certainly in those issues I do.

"I believe peak oil is a scam designed to create artificial scarcity. Go and watch Google Video, the documentary, The Energy Non Crisis," he said.

Jim explained just how driven he is. "I used to do this thing called creative visualisation, and this might be out there for some people, but for a lot, it won't.

"I got into meditation years ago. You basically get yourself into a deep state of relaxation and then you creatively visualise what it is you want. Now, you’ve got to do an awful lot of work with it at the same time. But I think it played its part in possibly helping me and us (The Corrs).

"You're trying to reinforce a goal in your subconscious that will feed thought into your conscious.”

Applying the same intensity to his truth-seeking, he found himself compelled to go public with what he had learned.

"I found myself studying that for three years, and what do I do with that knowledge? I've stuck my neck out and I've taken the flak for it and people can make up their own minds about the information that I'm presenting

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #11 en: Octubre 03, 2008, 11:02:44 pm »
Sharon Corr, Neil Jordan and Kevin Godley added to The Music Show

02 Oct 2008

Sharon Corr of The Corrs has joined the list of stars who will participate in The Music Show at the RDS this weekend.

Sharon, a superb singer and instrumentalist, and an enormously successful songwriter, has written or co-written a remarkable number of hit singles including 'Runaway', 'So Young', 'Radio', 'Long Night', and 'Goodbye', which have all helped the The Corrs gain huge international success.

Other big names added to the Music Show include Academy Award winning film director Neil Jordan and 10cc's Kevin Godley (also an award winning video director).

*Sharon Corr will participate in the songwriting panel, given the teasing title 'Songs Should Have Some Bloody Meaning!'. She will join Mick Pyro (Republic Of Loose), Ronan Hardiman and star producer Dave Odlum, who produced highly successful records for The Frames, Josh Ritter and Gemma Hayes, among others.

*Academy Award winner Neil Jordan will be joining the 'Music and Film' seminar. Gavin Friday, Ken McHugh (Autamata) and Kevin Godley (who directed numerous U2 videos, as well as Sting) will also be on the panel 'Music and Movies – The New Key To Success?' to discuss the role of music in film and its increasing importance to bands.

Jordan is himself a musician, and some his work has had a very strong musical influence, including his debut 'Angel', for which he won The London Evening Standard's Most Promising Newcomer Award. Jordan has directed a remarkable run of acclaimed films such as Michael Collins, Interview With The Vampire, The Butcher Boy, The End of The Affair and The Crying Game (which was nominated for six Academy Awards – Jordan won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for the film).

*The Music Show is Ireland's major exhibition of musical instruments and equipment. Some of Ireland's hottest acts will play at the event, including Republic of Loose, The Blizzards, The Coronas, Cathy Davey, Ham Sandwich, Fionn Regan, Declan O'Rourke and Jaded Sun.

Serena

• Moderador
Re: The Corrs volveran en 2 años
« Respuesta #12 en: Octubre 18, 2008, 09:15:06 pm »
En una entrevista realizada para el programa de televisión Xposíé, Sharon ha afirmado que The Corrs volverán al panorama musical en dos años.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #13 en: Octubre 31, 2008, 11:37:34 pm »
Corrs fans are going to have to wait a little bit longer for the band’s mooted reunion with Andrea lined up for a new London production of Brian Friel’s Dancing At Lughnasa.

Debuting at the Old Vic in February 2009, the play about five sisters living in 1930s rural Ireland will also star Niamh Cussack.

“I couldn’t be happier that we’ve attracted such a terrific cast,” enthuses Old Vic artistic director Kevin Spacey who’s also bringing Ethan Hawke over for a ‘reinterpretation’ of Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale.

Although relatively new to theatre, Corr’s screen credits include The Commitments, Evita and The Boys From County Clare, which has become a cult hit in the States.

Serena

• Moderador
Re: The Corrs
« Respuesta #14 en: Octubre 02, 2009, 11:38:35 pm »