INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Duffy  (Leído 25701 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Duffy
« Respuesta #75 en: Diciembre 30, 2008, 11:01:56 pm »
De los 60 al siglo XXI
Su voz recuerda al soul de hace unas cuantas díécadas. Su estilo, contrario al de otras divas como Amy Winehouse, tambiíén. Serena, amable y nada políémica, Duffy ha saltado del más normal de los anonimatos a triunfar en todo el mundo con su "Rockferry". El álbum más vendido en Reino Unido este año y su tema "Mercy" son otro gran clásico moderno que pasará a la historia. Gracias Aimee Anne!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #76 en: Enero 12, 2009, 11:01:04 pm »
Duffy colaborará con Paul McCartney en un CD tributo a beneficio de la fundacií§on War Child!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #77 en: Enero 19, 2009, 11:24:31 pm »
This Valentine's Day Duffy will be bringing her classic soul to the legendary Heaven Nightclub in London town for the equally legendary G.A.Y night.

There's only one way to get tickets and that's on the door on the night, so make sure you get down there early.

Here's where you need to be: Heaven Nightclub, Under The Arches, Villiers Street, London, WC2N

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #78 en: Enero 20, 2009, 11:23:47 pm »
Duffy actuará en los Brits 2009 que se celebrarán el dí­a 18 de febrerp

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #79 en: Enero 21, 2009, 10:38:32 pm »
Duffy Honoured By Four Brit Nominations
The news is out! Duffy has been nominated in not one, but four categories at this year's Brit Awards.

Duffy's fantastic year of musical success has been recognised with nominations for Best Album ('Rockferry'), Best Single ('Mercy'), Best British Female Solo Artist and Best Breakthrough Act.

Better still, the Best Single and Best Breakthrough categories are to be decided by public vote – so you guys will get to have your say.

Voting opens on Monday 2nd February - watch this space for more information.

For all the latest Brits news visit www.brits.co.uk

l reconocimiento de los BRITS a Duffy, una artista desconocida hasta hace meses, corona un año durante el cual su álbum de estreno Rockferry era el disco británico más vendido en 2008 y alardea de ventas mundiales de casi 4,5 millones de copias.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #80 en: Enero 27, 2009, 11:42:22 pm »
Duffy To Play Sydney Opera House

On March 26th 2009 Duffy will play one of her biggest shows yet: a performance at the world famous Sydney Opera House.

What's more, there's a special pre-sale ticket link being made available for Duffy fans opening at 12:00 Thursday Jan 29 for those in Sydney - that's 01:00 Thursday Jan 29 in the UK, which is almost a week before the tickets go on general sale.

For the fan pre-sale link, sign up to Duffy's mailing list here, and we'll let you know as soon as we have it!

For general sale tickets, contact the Sydney Opera House box office, visit www.sydneyoperahouse.com or call 02 9250 7777. Or for Ticketmaster: www.ticketmaster.com.au.

Don't miss this golden opportunity to see Duffy in one of the world's most beautiful buildings.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #81 en: Febrero 02, 2009, 11:23:06 pm »
Vote For 'Mercy' At The BRITS
Duffy's mega hit 'Mercy' is up for Best British Single at the BRIT Awards and it's down to you guys to make sure she wins.

This year, the Best British Single is to be decided by a public vote and so we're asking all Duffy fans to get behind our girl and vote for 'Mercy'.

Voting on the best British Single category opens today (Monday 2nd February).

She's up against some excellent competition from Adele, Alexandra Burke, Coldplay and Dizzee Rascal, but with over 500, 000 copies of the single sold in the UK alone, we reckon Duffy deserves the win.

To vote for 'Mercy' for Best Single register here let's get Duffy through!

Voting will close on Friday 13th February.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #82 en: Febrero 10, 2009, 12:03:50 am »
We're very proud to announce that at last night's Grammys our very own soul superstar Duffy walked away with the gong for Best Pop Vocal Album for her 'Rockferry' debut.

Congratulations Duffy!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #83 en: Febrero 14, 2009, 09:00:05 pm »
Duffy Covers 'Live And Let Die' For War Child13/02/2009
On February 16th/24th, War Child will be releasing an amazing new collection of cover versions called 'War Child Present... Heroes', an album to benefit the War Child humanitarian organization. War Child is an award-winning charity that provides humanitarian assistance to war-affected children in some of the most devastated regions of the world.

War Child asked Paul McCartney to name a member of the current musical generation to cover his song 'Live & Let Die'. He chose Duffy and you can hear the resulting and rather spectacular cover over at Duffy's myspace profile now.

You can preview more tracks from 'War Child Present... Heroes' at www.myspace.com/warchildheroes

To find out more about War Child and the work they do visit www.warchildheroes.com

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #84 en: Febrero 16, 2009, 11:03:04 pm »
La otra gran novedad en el panorama internacional será Heroes, un disco editado por la fundación War Child que reúne a artistas de primera lí­nea como Duffy, Lily Allen o Franz Ferdinand versionando temas de sus híéroes musicales. El objetivo: dar esperanza a la nuevas generaciones, protección a los niños más marginados que residen en zonas de guerra.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #85 en: Febrero 16, 2009, 11:25:44 pm »
Las canciones de su vida!!!

When I was bullied
Unchained Melody, The Righteous Brothers (1965)

As a kid, I never wanted to be a singer - I was far too shy - but I needed a way of externalising my thoughts because I was always talking shit. I used to be a good swimmer but I got picked on in the pool, and Unchained Melody always seemed to be on the radio when I came home. Later, I met my best friend, who had recently lost her mum. We were on the school bus one day when Unchained Melody came on the radio and she cried - it was the song played at her mother's funeral. I asked the driver to turn the radio off and all the kids booed me.

When I fell in love
The Man Who Sold The World, David Bowie (1971)

Here we have the unrequited love stage of my life. We've all been there. I couldn't tell this boy that I loved him because he was involved with someone else, and I can't tell you who he is because I still see him and he still doesn't know. I met him in London the other day, in fact. Anyway, this song makes me think of him, and you're talking to a girl who didn't even know who David Bowie was until five years ago. Now I'm obsessed with him. This is a great concept for a song, and it has one of the best bass lines of all time.

When I discovered sex
Cover Me, Bettye Swann (1968)

Bettye Swann is one of my biggest inspirations, but this song has particular importance for me because it marks the time I got interested in physical contact. I was 19, and here was a woman singing "Cover me, spread your precious love all over me". It's very tender, but it's also, hilariously, quite crude, so I'd make my friends listen to it and we'd all giggle. She's the unsung heroine of soul music. I believe that the strength of soul is in the words and the feeling of devotion - when you sacrifice everything, it's soul music.

Trying to make it in the music business
The Most Beautiful Girl In The World, Prince (1994)

I love this song, but I associate it with a really horrible time in my life: of being in my late teens, when I had decided that I wanted to be a singer but nothing was working out. Nobody back home knew I was doing this and I had nobody to talk to. And I felt like the least beautiful girl in the world, so how ironic is that? Here's this guy singing about a glamorous chick and it was about as far removed from the reality of my life as you could get. Great tune, though.

The one that gave me hope
I can't give back the love I feel for you, Syreeta Wright (1967)

Again, a very tender song. This hit me hard when I was 21 with its line, "Here is a tear for a souvenir". I had got to the point where I thought, "They're going to have to kill me if they want to stop me doing this." Slowly, I realised that I wasn't losing my mind, that I was doing the right thing. It was finally happening. But I don't think about success. It's not even that I love singing and performing. It's more that I'm compelled to do it. All my life I've found myself in unusual situations, and music has been the thing that has saved me.

Strange and possibly true
1. Growing up in the small town of Nefyn, Duffy and her friends Delyth and Delyth amused themselves by smoking cigarettes and telling ghost stories in her father's shed. She puts her distinctive voice down to this formative experience.

2. The only other possible explanation for Duffy's talent is that she inherited it from her gran, who played the accordion and danced.

3. Before dedicating herself to soul music, Duffy appeared on Wawffactor, Welsh TV's answer to Pop Idol.

4. Rather like the subject of the Human League's Don't You Want Me, Duffy had been working as a waitress before she got her big break - though not in a cocktail bar, but a fish restaurant.

5. In Cleveland, Ohio, on an American tour, she accidentally set her hair on fire in her dressing room.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #86 en: Febrero 18, 2009, 11:04:09 pm »
Duffy is set to star in the next Diet Coke campaign, replacing the 'Diet Coke Hunk' who's had office girls abandoning their desks for more than ten years.

The ad sees Duffy coming off stage and taking a bike for a joyride whilst singing the classic 'I've Gotta Be Me'.

Says Duffy: “One thing I like to do – my way to rebel on tour if you like – is to take off on my own and turn my phone off. It feels slightly naughty but it’s important to have those moments.”

The ad will premiere during the live broadcast of tonight's Brit Awards. Look out for it.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #87 en: Febrero 19, 2009, 10:57:59 pm »
Tiene 24 años y es la nueva estrella del soul británico. La cantautora galesa Duffy ha salido por la puerta grande de la gala de los premios Brits, los galardones de la música más importantes del Reino Unido, al llevarse tres de las cuatro estatuillas a las que optaba: mejor álbum, mejor artista femenina y mejor artista revelación.

"Es un verdadero honor estar aquí­ (...). No tengo palabras para decir lo mucho que esto significa para todo el mundo en mi casa", dijo la cantante galesa, de cuyo álbum de debut, Rockferry, se han vendido unos 4,5 millones de copias en todo el mundo.

La galesa parece imparable. En poco más de un año ha pasado de trabajar de dependienta en una tienda a convertirse en una estrella del soul, y hace apenas 10 dí­as se alzó tambiíén con el Grammy al mejor álbum de pop vocal.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #88 en: Febrero 19, 2009, 11:09:27 pm »
Last night Duffy was honoured with no less than three awards at the BRIT Awards 2009 ceremony - more than any other artist.

Duffy was awarded Best British Female Solo Artist, Best British Breakthrough Act and Best British Album for the momentous 'Rockferry'.

Duffy would like to thank all of the fans who voted for her - it truly has been a sensational year, but, as she reminded us at the awards yesterday, the album 'Rockferry' is the result of five years' hard work, and to have that recognised by fans and critics alike is truly speci

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #89 en: Febrero 19, 2009, 11:45:34 pm »