INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Tarja Turunen  (Leído 341040 veces)

_V_

• Visitante
Re: Tarja Turunen
« Respuesta #345 en: Enero 29, 2010, 06:54:26 pm »
EL LIBRO DE TARJA es una propuesta para sus fans y hecha por fans (no hay ninguna afiliación con páginas oficiales).
Queremos escribir un libro para Tarja con los comentarios de sus fans, y así­ poder regalarle todo el cariño y aprecio en una obra única que solo los tarjistas pueden crear!
Para participar solo teneis que entrar en este blog y dejar vuestro mensaje:
http://ellibrodetarjaturunen.obolog.com
O enví­a tu comentario a: tarjistaporsiempre@gmail.com

http://sites.google.com/site/thetarjaturunensbook/home

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #346 en: Enero 29, 2010, 06:57:01 pm »
Un Peazo cover de I Walk Alone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvaVGz0iLeM

Jørn Lande es un cantante noruego de hard rock y melodic metal, considerado una de las mejores voces del mundo en estos géneros musicales y conocido por multitud de proyectos entre los que cabe destacar Masterplan, además de su carrera en solitario. A menudo se compara su voz con la de cantantes clásicos de los ochenta como Ronnie James Dio o David Coverdale, dos de sus mayores influencias.

Sería cosa de Terrana? :)
« Última modificación: Enero 29, 2010, 07:01:36 pm por _V_ »

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
« Respuesta #347 en: Enero 29, 2010, 11:33:25 pm »
Ya sabia lo del libro!!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #348 en: Febrero 01, 2010, 10:33:39 pm »
Tarja Turunen colaborará en el nuevo álbum en estudio de la legendaria agrupación alemana Scorpions, el cual se titula Sting In The Tail, y como recordamos, será publicado el 13 de Marzo de este año, siendo a su vez, el último de su larga y exitosa carrera musical. Esta noticia fue confirmada por el guitarrista Rudolf Schenker en una entrevista realizada por The Gauntlet. La canción en la que escucharemos a Tarja con su melodiosa voz se llama “The Good Die Young”

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #349 en: Febrero 03, 2010, 10:34:39 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #350 en: Febrero 04, 2010, 10:54:06 pm »
While we are waiting for the instruments to be delivered and built up, we checked the first songs for the drums recordings. We will start with Mike parts tomorrow.

We decided that the session would start with the first song that was composed for the new album: “The Crying Moon”.

It feels great to finally be here and face the fact that my songs are becoming alive. My friends, I have been waiting for this moment a LONG time.

The weather was beautiful today; plenty of sunlight and scenery with snow covered trees and fields. The news was that there hasn’t been this much snow in the last 30 years, at least in the capital, Helsinki. It’s a lot I can tell.

I’ll keep you updated.

And here some words from Mr Mike Terrana:

Yesterday evening I flew into Helsinki it was cold and dark, but Tarja, Marcelo & Toni were there to greet me, naturally was I very happy to see them….until they told me that I must go in the sauna and then jump immediately the icy cold waters of a nearby lake frozen lake….hehe….I’m not too sure that I can handle this….hehe
They say it will make me stronger……hmmm….I need to think about this.
Wednesday morning we arrived at “Petrax Studios” around 2:00pm, which is located in a remote part in the south of Finland. Lots of snow here, but its very white and beautiful. It’s cold outside, but the studio and apartments are warm and cozy, there is lots of good food and the people that work here are very kind.
My drums did not arrive today as planned, despite the fact that they were shipped from Germany last week. Apparently bad weather conditions had made some trouble for the shipping company, so we hope tomorrow the drums will arrive.  Then I can spring into action build my kit, get some good sounds and record a few tracks before the day is over.
I think it’s going to be a great record and I’m looking forward to playing on Tarja’s new music. So stay tuned for more details.
Cheers
Uncle Mike

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #351 en: Febrero 05, 2010, 11:14:00 pm »
Alex and Mike were sleeping long this morning and while they were having their beauty sleep, I was working with Jetro in choosing the best keyboard tracks for some songs.

It was not too shiny weather today, nor that cold, but since we are completely surrounded by snow, we still had quite a lot of light, which definitely helps.

I like to work in this studio where you can see natural light, because lack of light makes us very sleepy.

Good news. The drums arrived today and Mike was very happy, as the rest of us.

I had some time to think about the artwork for the album as well. Everything seems to be in place, so there are going to be excited times ahead. We will be doing the photo sessions for the album cover and booklet in few days.

The drum recordings started with success. Mike did a GREAT job with the first song. Wow, it comes alive and the groove is already lot better than in our demo.

It’s incredible, I am happy. Alex was playing in the same room with Mike while he was recording and I was singing in the control room. It is easier for Mike to follow us and to get the whole picture and feeling of the song when the guitarist is playing and the singer singing at the same time. It took Mike just few takes when the song was completely laid down and the result is fantastic

Soon we will all go to sauna to relax. I was the one preparing it ready tonight, I also put some wood to the fireplace, so that everybody can enjoy himself after a long day

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #352 en: Febrero 06, 2010, 11:03:17 pm »
I slept like a baby last night. It’s so quiet here that it even feels scary at times. But it’s beautiful to work like this.

After Mike finished recording one song in the morning, we had some guests in the studio visiting us. Pete, our live sound engineer came to talk about next shows.

We are planning some crazy stuff for the next “world” tour. It’s just so fantastic to be able to decide myself the stage set up, the design of it and plan all the matters of the touring after all.

We need to start things already now, very early in advance, so that we are not running late when we need to hit the road with the new album.

Today was a magnificent day. Mike finished 3 songs and he is laying down damn good material.

“LL”, “DS” very heavy songs and “U” a beautiful ballad. You didn’t think I was giving you all the song names right away, did you? 

The atmosphere is calm and relaxed in the studio. I am not pushing Mike to his limits. At least I hope so 

I guess nobody likes to work like that anyway. Better your mood is, better you perform. That’s how it should be. And the question is, why try to make the impossible happen if the results sound already awesome? I don’t see any point in that. We have fun together, we do our best and that is what matters at the end of the day.

My friends from Same-Eyes Film Company are around too, shooting the whole production so that one day you’ll all see what we have been up to. Is nice to have things filmed so that we can remember everything afterwards.

Sometimes the time is running too fast and you don’t even realize what you are living through.

Today I even got to practise playing some piano parts that I am going to record in few days, so it was a very exciting day indeed.

We expect more visits for today. Let’s see…

And here some words from Mr Alex Scholpp:

hey everybody!

we are here in the snow and darkness, far away from civilisation- outside it´s cold and silent, not a sound. but things changed here since mr. mike terrana- well known as the “rythm beast”, blasts the roof of the studio with his furious power- power drumming and animal- like grunts and screams in between the takes! 

we are finished with recording drums for four songs now and it´s great fun to jam and rock those songs together with mike.

right now we are figuring out the right grooves and parts for the songs, then record the drums and next week we start with bass and guitars.

the studio is very nice and we get taken care of really good. it´s a great vibe here i have to say.

so more from me later, good night!

cheers!

I’ll write more to you tomorrow.

With love, Tarja

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #353 en: Febrero 07, 2010, 02:52:57 pm »
Former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen will perform a special "Classic and Divine" opera rock show with a symphonic orchestra and choir on June 12, 2010 at the Miskolc International Opera Festival at at the Miskolc Ice Hall in Miskolc, Hungary. Tarja's two-hour set will include a selection of the best-loved songs from her "My Winter Storm" solo album, classical gems, unpredictable rock covers, tracks from her career with NIGHTWISH, and songs from her upcoming album, "What Lies Beneath". She will be accompanied by her own band, a symphonic orchestra and a choir.

A trailer for the concert can be viewed below.

Fans who witnessed the two previous opera rock shows in 2007 (THERION) and 2008 (EPICA) or heard and saw the two resulting live albums/DVDs know that they can expect a truly great and unique concert again at Miskolc in 2010.

Turunen will enter the studio in early February to begin recording her new solo album, "What Lies Beneath". She writes on her web site, "It feels great to be able to start the recordings very soon, since I have been waiting for the moment already for a long time. I am truly excited to witness how all will unfold!

"The process for my second album started back in June 2008. Among the first songs that my friends and I composed at that time, a character called Naiad was born. The fantasy story of Naiad gave me the idea for the album title and for the whole album concept: 'What Lies Beneath'.

"It has been wonderful to be able to brainstorm again and decide the direction the album is going to take. I hope that you will be surprised again by my work; because that's the way I like it."

Turunen recently recorded three songs for a Finnish Christmas album, produced by Olli Ahvenlahti. According to Turunen, this was "a charity project for missionary workers in Finland."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVay6yLSnE&feature=player_embedded

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #354 en: Febrero 07, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »
Last night we were late up, so it was a bit tough to get back to work early in the morning. The red wine did it’s “thing” you know… 

Max came to the studio to work with us some songs and it was nice to have him around.

It’s always great when somebody else comes in and helps us to refresh ourselves. That way we don’t get bored.

It was so funny when I met him in the morning. After I gave him a hug, I told him “oh my God, Max you are even taller with the shoes on”. But he was NOT wearing any shoes! In a minute I realized that he was like “WHAT? Maybe I can come down from the mattress.”  Well, Max knows me well already… I haven’t just seen him in a long time…

We are working very hard to get the songs in a shape where everybody feels good and comfortable. Mike did again amazing job today. He recorded few more songs and we are well in schedule.

Among those songs was “In For A Kill” that I have performed last year a couple of times with an orchestra. Now it turned to be really cool with the drums and the reference guitars from Alex. Is already very promising.

It was a surprise for everybody in the studio the cover song recorded today. We managed to refresh a great song from the 80’s. Is a bit sad that songs like this one nobody writes any more.

According to Mike; he played today the longest drum fill he had recorded in nearly 100 albums!!

We had fun with his performances and sometimes it felt that he did more than what he expected himself to do! So it made him very happy.

It was a tough day for all of us, but very rewarding

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #355 en: Febrero 08, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »
We are having FUN!

The house is getting packed now, since it’s crowded with Americans!!!

Doug Wimbish and Will Calhoun arrived here yesterday night. The lovely lady from the farm went to pick them up from Helsinki airport.

As you might wonder correctly, Will is here to record drums for some of my songs.

I am very happy to have him on board. He is going to give different colour for some songs with his drumming, for sure.

Mike was recording three more songs and his work is almost done.

Only one more song to go that demands some experimentation as I wish that Mike and Will would play together.

Mike is going to stay longer in Finland though, since he will shoot his own video with my friends from Same-Eyes. He kills two birds with one stone 

Ok. I need to keep on working now. Will be a long, but interesting day

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #356 en: Febrero 10, 2010, 11:10:29 pm »
time to congratulate uncle Mike. He finished his parts yesterday and did a magnificent work.

I guess from now on, he is going to sleep very well 

Mike is going to chill out now and have some fun with us. Perhaps enjoining some red wine as well.

The song nailed yesterday by my two drummers is called “Crimson Deep”. Wow! It just sounds exactly like I was expecting it to sound.

I love challenges and since those times are long gone when somebody really was working like that in a daily basis, I thought why not to give it a try. And it worked!

Two excellent drummers with different styles, but professional understanding of the way the other one plays, so there were no problems to cut this song and an amazing, bombastic wall of sound was created

It was just all about the arrangement that had to be fixed and discussed before they jumped behind their sets.

Will also recorded last night a song that I wrote few months ago. It still misses some lines of lyrics, but it’s almost done. The song has very nice mood and I am sure when the arrangement from Jim Dooley will be ready, the song will be just wonderful.

It has been very nice to work with Will, since he is absolutely open for different ideas and he is very creative.

We overdubbed some nice stuff for the songs with his bag of tricks that will give a different flavour to the music.

I am very happy to work with all these incredibly talented people. It has been amazing learning process for me once again.

Yesterday, Christian came to the studio too. He has been listening what we’ve done so far, so that he can work on his keyboard arrangements. He will record few things during these days here and the rest of the songs, he will finish on his own studio in Hamburg

And Alex is constantly working on the heavy riffs.

Everything looks pretty fine and we are in schedule still.

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #357 en: Febrero 11, 2010, 11:31:28 pm »
Hoy tambiíén hablo el Sr Terrama:

Dear friends,

I am having at the moment lots of make up and running around for several clothes changes. We are doing the photos for “What Lies Beneath” album cover and artwork.

Is very nice to rest my ears for a couple of days, though it has been a lot of fan to be in the studio. I will show you some images of the photo shooting, but later on.

We are very busy today still and it will keep us even busier tomorrow   Now I am leaving some words from Mike and some photos that he took in the last days.

Hi everybody!  Uncle Mike here again, Tarja asked me to write a few words summing up my impressions of her session. So here we go…

I was born in Buffalo New York, so I’m not really a big fan of cold weather or snow, but I must say Hollola Finland is a very beautiful and relaxing. It proved to be a great place to live and work while recording Tarja’s CD.

There is just a great positive vibe here.  Its kind of an old school environment great huge drum room, including a very comfortable and well equipped control room. I was really impressed with Petrax studios it reminded me of the larger studios that used to exist during the 70’s , 80’s and 90’s

Unfortunately my drums arrived one day late due to poor weather conditions, but after that delay… everything fell into place and the reminder of the session went as smooth as glass.  This session was also a nice way to test out my new custom kit made exclusively by Drum Craft.  I must say the kit performed beautifully and I think we really captured some good sounds!

The engineer Jetro is a very talented, patient, hard working guy.  I would also like too personally thank Tiina & Petri  the owners of Petrax Studios for there kindness hospitality.   They are two of the sweetest people I have ever met and they really made us all feel so welcome and comfortable.  We have been spoiled by Tinna’s excellent home cooked meals day & night.

Naturally when the vibes are good and your feeling comfortable then you are free to make good music. I’m going to miss this place and these people its simply a lovely place to work.  What more could any musician as for!

I have been touring with Tarja now for approximately two years and during that time, I often wondered if I would get a chance to record on her new CD. So as you can imagine I am very happy and very proud to be a part of “What Lies beneath”

I turned 50 last month and I think playing on this session is one of the best birthday gifts I have ever received!

Woops Sorry…. I have digressed… back to the music.  All the songs are very well written and arranged.  Tarjas vocal melody lines are beautiful and I think she is singing better than ever.   There is going to be a lot of emotions on this CD.

Tarja also has a very good understanding of how all the instruments must work together in the studio.  This is a very important skill, especially when you’re trying to convey your musical and creative ideas too other musicians.  I was very impressed that Tarja was able to understand my approach to drumming. She really has a great ear for picking out the cool drum parts.  It was fun to play all kinds of grooves and fills and let her pick what she liked.  Tarja always seemed to pick the groove or fill idea, which worked best for the track and was also cool from a drumming perspective.

Initially my approach to this session was to act in a supportive role.  I came prepared to accompany the music and Tarja’s voice. However, I was surprised that this CD seems to be much heavier and experimental with regard to the drumming on the previous release “My Winter Storm”.  In some songs I was given free reign to cut loose and really play what I wanted within the boundaries of good taste of course! 

It was also very cool to play live in the studio and record some of the songs together with Alex on guitar. I think its gives the tacks more of a live feel with raw emotional power.  It’s been a long time since I have worked like this.  So it seems on this session Tarja & Marcelo have managed to combine the best of the old and the new with regard to recording techniques and live playing.

Looking back on the past days, I really feel that I had a chance to express myself and to show my own personal drumming style.  It’s really nice to work with people that enjoy what you can bring to their music. For me, this is what music is about.  It’s about exchanging musical ideas and creating interesting moods and feelings.  The feelings generated depend mainly on who is playing.  With musicians like Alex Scholpp and Doug Wimbish, I can tell you the rhythm guitar and bass tracks on the CD are rock solid. The grooves are tight yet; they still retain the organic performance style of each musician.

It was a pleasure and an honor to play double drums with Will Calhoun on the epic song “Crimson Deep” This was Marcelo’s idea and again it’s in keeping with mixing new technology with old proven ideas.

I have played along with other drummers in live situations, but never in the recording studio, so I was a bit curious and excited to see how it was going to work out.

Will and I found that after mapping out our parts, we synchronized together in real time and it really adds a nice flavor to the over all track. There is a very strong primal groove running through the entire song and although Will and I have different playing styles and influences, I think we both complemented each other and the music.

This session just flew by.  It was also great to be back with everyone again Tarja, Marcelo, Alex, Max, Doug and Christian.  This was a session that I shall never forget; it was truly a great experience.

I’m looking forward to getting out on the road and playing this music live for you people

Cheers, Mike

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #358 en: Febrero 13, 2010, 10:58:43 pm »
It’s so funny to read that some of you got nervous because I didn’t write in two days…come on. I am working here  !

The photo session went really well and Jens Boldt did magnificent work again. Some of you will love it, others will freak out 

Few days ago I needed to say goodbye to lovely Will Calhoun.

He is just a wonderful personality and very supportive character. I enjoyed working with him a lot. I hope to meet him very soon again. Thank you Will for your kind words, effort and talent.

Today in the morning I returned back to the studio where Doug and Alex are recordings their parts.

Doug did a great job in the album song “Naiad” today. Bass is not only the supportive instrument on this album, but also it has a big role in being a mood creator. There is more than one song with two bass lines.

This is the last day for Doug in the studio and soon it will be getting quiet here again, since only Alex will stay with us.

Just few days ago there were 12 of us!

Anyway, I am really getting excited about the recordings because the songs are sounding already exactly how I wished them to sound long time ago. Just wonderful…

The same way that we did when Mike played his parts, Doug and Alex are playing together in the heavier songs while Doug is recording. That way it’s easier for him to get the correct groove of the song. The guys are recording in the control room where we all are present. It’s really cosy here

Chris recorded a small Hammond feature in one of my songs. The song is very theatrical with tempo and key changes and needs all kind of crazy stuff and Hammond is definitely one of those elements.

There is a very old Hammond here in the studio and I wanted Chris to record with it even though I knew he has one of his own at his home studio. I just wanted to hear that old instrument’s massive sound.

Before Chris and Will left the place, they got to try out the snowmobile! Even though the one in the photo is Alex. I saw they had some fun for a while. There is lot of snow here to play with those machines! It can be dangerous though…

We are progressing nicely and fast 

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #359 en: Febrero 15, 2010, 11:01:21 pm »
We said goodbye to Doug Wimbish in the morning. He finished all the bass parts last night with success. Including a beautiful solo for “The Crying Moon”.

Alex was recording yesterday and today guitars for many songs. He is using 3 different amplifiers in recordings, so that we reach bigger and bombastic sound. Here you’ll see them in the back.

It has been absolutely important that Alex has been here with us during the whole project. He has been arranging killer guitar riffs for many of the songs and they are sounding now much more modern, heavy and ROCKING!

But there is also space in the album for some delicate sounds together with the raw ones.

There have been quite many people visiting the studio while we’ve been here and ALL of them have agreed that this album sounds very promising  . I am, of course, very delighted about this. We have worked in the whole process 33 songs from which I decided to record 17. The remaining ones took another path because of the music, lyrics or both. I am sure that I will give them a rest, but I will re visit them for other projects or for a future album.

Tomorrow I will start rehearsing and adjusting the vocal parts and getting my body ready for the actual recordings. These are about to begin 

We have been working long days. Every night the time to go to sleep has been more or less at 03:00 in the morning or later. The lack of sleep starts to affect all of us, but the good mood around helps us to keep ourselves in the right track. We are here for one purpose and everybody is giving his or her very best for it.

I am very happy to see the musicians really putting their heart into my music. I am really grateful to them.
With love, Tarja