INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Sharon Corr  (Leído 274961 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación

Serena

• Moderador
Re: Sharon Corr saca un álbum en solitario
« Respuesta #361 en: Diciembre 27, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #362 en: Enero 09, 2011, 10:50:15 pm »
Sharon @ Les Anneíés Bonheur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=315mqG3cXlA&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #363 en: Enero 28, 2011, 10:36:44 pm »
El próximo sábado 29 de enero, Sharon actuará en el concierto The Children Need You junto a los grupos The High Kings y 4 Men & a Dog. El concierto tendrá lugar a las 20:00h en The Devon Inn Hotel, en Templeglantine (Limerick). Todos los fondos que se recauden se destinarán í­ntegramente a los hospitales Temple Street Children's University Hospital y Our Lady's Children's Hospital Crumlin

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #364 en: Enero 30, 2011, 10:53:36 pm »
De acuerdo con un mensaje publicado en Facebook por Darren Holden, componente de The High Kings, Sharon se unió al final del concierto para interpretar So Young.

Absolutely incredible night in Templeglantine. Adam as always, was the star of the show and delivered a spellbinding performance to deafening applause. Billy made his debut too!
4 men and a dog were great, as was the fantastic Sharon Corr who joined us at the end for a performance of The Corrs classic "So Young".
Congrats to Denis and Joanne on an amazing job. Over 40k raised for Crumlin and Temple St hospitals!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #365 en: Febrero 02, 2011, 10:47:26 pm »
Sharon tambiíén interpretó No Frontiers, Cooley's Reel, Jenny's Chickens y Our Wedding Day

sang No Frontiers and So Young and played Cooley' s Jenny's and Our Wedding Day. x

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #366 en: Febrero 10, 2011, 11:00:20 pm »
Six Train

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRrufBdsJM&

Sitting on the tracks and waiting for our stop,
He rolls into our carriage on a make shift cart,
Stunned into a silence, we shift upon our seats,
And our eyes they fall away from what we do not want to see.
All our troubles of the morning, are left in reverie.

Riding on the Six Train,
Every New York day,
Arms that a child would run home to,
And a look upon his face, of all those dreams he can't retrace.

He tells us it ain't easy to live this way,
depending on you strangers on the Six Train line,
Hoping for a dollar or some more if you've got it,
So we dive into our pockets and give him all our change.
To relieve us of this burden to move along his plea
Riding on the Six Train,
Every New York day,

Riding on the Six Train,
Every New York day,
And a look upon his face, of all those dreams he can't replace.

Riding on the Six Train,
Every New York day,

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #367 en: Febrero 19, 2011, 05:55:17 pm »
Sharon ha dado a conocer a travíés de Twitter que el próximo lunes viajará la capital de Reino Unido para asistir a la London Fashion Week. La semana de la moda londinense contará con la participación de la diseñadora irlandesa Joanne Hynes que usará en su desfile la versión de Mná Na hí‰ireann de Sharon. Como curiosidad, Sharon ha llevado algunos de sus modelos en varios conciertos incluyendo el Women Of Rock, el Arthur's Day y el último concierto con Jeff Beck

Off to London Fashion Week on Monday, Joanne Hynes using Mna na hEireaann as part off catwalk music! Exciting! Love her designs

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #368 en: Febrero 25, 2011, 10:38:18 pm »
Este es ví­deo completo del desfile de Joanne Hynes, donde podríéis ver a Sharon y escuchar el uso de la versión original de Old Town (a los 3:09 minutos) y la versión de Sharon de Mná Na hí‰ireann (a los 5:34 minutos).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Vv7L3gPP0&

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #369 en: Marzo 05, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »
El próximo dí­a 17 de marzo, Sharon será la cabeza de cartel, junto a Declan O'Sullivan, de las celebraciones del Dí­a de San Patricio que tendrán lugar en el Meydan Grandstand, Dubái. Sharon interpretará ante un público de 4.000 personas algunas de las canciones del grupo entre las que estarán So Young, Radio, Long Night, Runaway, Breathless y Goodbye. Las entradas costarán 150Dh por persona (aproximadamente 615€) y estarán disponibles a travíés de las tiendas Virgin, en la taquilla de Meydan y boxofficeme.com

It's not a dream

A treat for Sharon Corr fans this month

By Kelly Crane, Senior Reporter
Published: 00:00 March 3, 2011

Don't Runaway because here's some news which will leave you Breathless.

Sharon Corr, one of the famous Irish singing siblings, will perform in Dubai on March 17.

The multi-talented musician and writer of many of the group's hit songs, headlines the St Patrick's day celebrations at Meydan alongside Declan O'Sullivan, or The Paddyman as he's better known.

Awarded an MBE in 2005 by Queen Elizabeth II in recognition of her musical talent, Corr, who plays the violin, piano and guitar, has recently launched a successful solo career.

She will perform all the favourites by The Corrs, including So Young, Radio, Long Night, Runaway, Breathless and Goodbye, to a 4,000 capacity audience.

Tickets, priced Dh150 general admission, are available from Virgin Megastores, at Meydan box office (from 12noon today) and at boxofficeme.com.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #370 en: Marzo 05, 2011, 05:44:38 pm »
Aquí­ os traigo un poco más de información. El concierto, con una duración de seis horas, abrirá sus puertas a las 18:30h, para empezar a las 19:00h y terminar a las 01:00h. Sharon realizará su actuación de las 22:00h a las 23:00h.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #371 en: Marzo 05, 2011, 05:48:14 pm »
El pasado dí­a 7 de febrero, Sharon fue entrevistada a travíés de conexión telefónica en el programa radiofónico La Rosa de los Vientos, presentado por Martí­n Expósito en Onda Cero. En la entrevista no se desvela ninguna información nueva, a excepción de un par de pequeños detalles que son que Jean y Gerry estuvieron en el concierto que The Corrs dió en la playa de A Coruña

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #372 en: Marzo 07, 2011, 11:01:44 pm »
La página web ExpatWoman.com ha publicado una entrevista realizada a Sharon con motivo de su próximo concierto en Dubai. En la entrevista Sharon menciona algunos detalles bastante interesantes como que realizará una extensa gira que incluirá una sección de cuerda y que hay una colaboración en camino de un/a artista francíés/a.

Interview with Sharon Corr

“I can’t wait to play my first ever concert in Dubai for the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations -- and remember, you don't have to be Irish to celebrate Paddy's Day. See you on March 17 at Meydan! Slainte!”

Jane caught up with Sharon Corr to chat about the concert at Meydan, Sharon's new solo career and interesting collaborations in the pipeline....

Great to hear you’re coming to Dubai, Sharon.

"Thanks! It is a place I have always wanted to visit. So excited to be playing Meydan for St Patrick’s Day. I hear it is an amazing venue and am very much looking forward to the night!"

Your career as a singer/song-writer with The Corrs enjoyed many years of success – announcing a break five years ago, but happily, I guess you just couldn’t stay away....

"Music is in my blood. I want to play forever! And yes, I did stop for a few years to have my babies but I have been playing again for a few years now. I started off my solo career with a live show on the Isle of Wight and then did a little festival called Glastonbury, so that was a baptism of fire!"

You have a passion for romance. Over the past five years you have become a mum; all those new emotions flooding in must also be a rich seed ground for song-writing......

"Absolutely right! I think so, yes. There is no doubt that having children alters your view of the world, overnight, and your place in it. Motherhood makes a woman more vulnerable, more protective, and as a singer/songwriter I was able to empathise in a whole new way. My song, It’s Not A Dream, for example is seemingly being used by couples as their wedding vows so that is a true compliment to me as a songwriter and so romantic!"

You record your songs backed by a wonderful orchestra. Do you also tour en masse?

"I am in the process of planning a large tour with a string section, yes. And there is certainly nothing like the effect of a full orchestra on an audience and I think my violin playing and the instrumentals I play definitely draw on that. I performed Mna Na hEireann last year for example with an orchestra in the O2 Arena in London and those who were there said it was magical."

Your new album includes a collaboration with the fabulous Jeff Beck. Now you’re flying solo, who else would you like to record with?

"Jeff played guitar on Mna Na hEireann for me. He is so gifted. I would like to record with Robert Plant. He is a friend and I love the new direction of his music. Bill Whelan, who wrote Riverdance, is an inspration to me. Also I am very impressed with a young American called Adam Lambert and I am interested in dueting with certain other international acts. I recently recorded with Spanish star Alex Ubago for example, oh, and here’s an exclusive, look out for a coming French collaboration!"

The album includes covers of songs by other artists such as The Korgis and Bronski Beat. Will you also be covering these and Corrs hits in the show?

"Of course! I love both those tracks and also intend performing Dreams, which was covered by The Corrs. Yes, I will definitely be performing The Corr’s hits that I wrote. Tracks like So Young, Radio, Long Night and not forgetting the Irish tradional music like Toss The Feathers. I am in rehearsals right now and it promises to be a rocking good show."

And finally, Dubai is a great place for a family holiday, will you be bringing your children with you on this trip?

"Not on this one, they are so excited to be staying with their grandparents. But I am really thrilled to be visiting Dubai and hope this marks the beginning a long association with the UAE that hopefully means the kids will be here many many times!

Looking forward to seeing all you Ex-pats on Paddies Day and remember, you don’t have to be Irish to celebrate Saint Patrick’s!"

Sharon Corr’s debut album ‘Dream Of You’ is out on Warner now.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #373 en: Marzo 10, 2011, 11:20:22 pm »
Hace unos dí­as, Sharon reveló en una entrevista para ExpatWoman.com que pronto habrí­a una colaboración con un/a artista francíés/a. Gracias a la publicación del pasado 2 de marzo del periódico Le Parisien, sabemos que Sharon colaborará con la artista Nolwenn Leroy, que publicó el pasado mes de diciembre su nuevo álbum de canciones cíélticas, Bretonne. Esta colaboración surje gracias a la publicación de Bretonne en el mercado de británico a finales de este año y que dará como resultado un dueto entre Sharon y Nolwenn en la canción Amazing Grace.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #374 en: Marzo 10, 2011, 11:24:34 pm »