INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Cranberries  (Leído 118864 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Cranberries anuncian su vuelta!
« Respuesta #285 en: Noviembre 10, 2011, 10:34:11 pm »
Portada?

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #286 en: Noviembre 18, 2011, 10:28:56 pm »
The Cranberries will be on BBC Radio 2 Sun, 27 Nov 2011.

Sir Terry Wogan eases you into your Sunday morning with music and musings. This week, he catches up with the Welsh comedian, actor, impressionist and author Rob Brydon; and The Cranberries perform in session.

Perhaps best known as Uncle Bryn in the hit BBC series Gavin and Stacey, Rob Brydon first rose to fame in Marion And Geoff, and recently appeared alongside long-time collaborator Steve Coogan in the critically acclaimed The Trip. He's just released an autobiography, Small Man In A Book, which details his self-professed slow ascent to fame and fortune.

The Cranberries formed in Sir Terry's native Limerick and rose to international fame in the 1990s, when they became one of the most successful rock acts of the 90s, selling over fifteen million albums in the United States alone. The band have recorded their sixth album, Roses, which is due for release next year.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #287 en: Noviembre 19, 2011, 10:45:50 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #288 en: Noviembre 19, 2011, 10:47:23 pm »
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Weekend Wogan
BBC Radio 2, London
11 am to 1 pm (London Time)
Listen live

Monday, November 28, 2011
The Radcliffe And Maconie Show
BBC Radio 6, London
1 to 4 pm (London Time)
Listen live

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #289 en: Noviembre 23, 2011, 11:05:20 pm »
Shooting video for 'Tomorrow' on Friday. It's been a long time.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #290 en: Noviembre 25, 2011, 10:31:23 pm »
De esta mañana!!!

Off to video shoot in a few hours. Nice to be doing it in Limerick......... no traveling.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #291 en: Noviembre 26, 2011, 04:13:17 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #292 en: Noviembre 27, 2011, 08:44:33 pm »
Muere el padre de Dolores!!

Sunday November 27 2011

Terence Patrick O'Riordan, father of rock star Dolores O'Riordan, has died at his home in Limerick.

The 74-year-old from Holy Cross passed away at home in Ballybricken, according to his daughter Dolores.

"He battled cancer for nearly six years. His faith kept him alive, though. He waited until 6pm to die because he loved the Angelus," Dolores, lead singer of internationally successful Limerick band The Cranberries, told me yesterday.

Her father, she said, was with all his children (Terence, Brendan, Donal, PJ, Joseph, Angela and Dolores) his wife Eileen, and his lifelong friend Father McNamara "when he took his final breath".

"He was always a fighter. We'll really miss him. A great father, entertainer, accordion player, singer and gardener. We are relieved now he's not struggling any more.

"He was a farm labourer until his bike accident in 1968," Dolores told me yesterday morning, "which left him invalided with permanent brain damage. He kept a garden. That kept him alive.

"He was more popular in Limerick than myself. He married mom in 1961. She was 17 and he was 24. They had nine children. Seven survived. I was the youngest. He told me I was lucky number seven. He told me he was so proud of me. He was a lovely man."

"He looks so peaceful now," Dolores wrote in a text to me shortly after he died on Friday. "I miss him but I feel happy. I was holding his hand and a candle."

Dolores would appear to have inherited her father's faith. After meeting Pope John Paul II at the Vatican a few years ago, she remarked: "[He] was lovely, very saintly. I was mad about him. I thought he really cared for the poor and he loved to meet the people. I saw him when he came to Limerick, when I was a kid. So it was pretty mindblowing ...

"My father was a beautiful, kind, funny man. He was a great patient during his long, weary battle. He never complained. He was bed-ridden for the last few months.

"He lost everything. His car, his garden, his freedom. His health. But he always kept his dignity.

"My mother will always love him. He held on to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this year on November 14."

As Dolores sings herself in Linger, "If you, if you could return ... "

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #293 en: Noviembre 29, 2011, 06:03:55 pm »
BANDMATES of Cranberries lead singer Dolores O'Riordan rallied around her yesterday at her father's funeral Mass.

Terry O'Riordan (74) died at his home last Friday and friends and neighbours of the O'Riordan family gathered at Ballybricken Church, Co Limerick, to pay their respects.

Mr O'Riordan fought bravely against cancer for almost six years before his death.

Ms O'Riordan, who now lives in Ontario in Canada, was with her father and family in Limerick when he died. She was joined at the church yesterday by her bandmates Fergal Lawler and Noel and Mike Hogan.

Ms O'Riordan arrived for the ceremony with family members some 30 minutes before it began and was seated inside the small church alongside her mother Eileen, brothers Terence, Brendan, Donal, Joseph and PJ, and sister Angela.

Canon Liam McNamara led the service and paid tribute to Mr O'Riordan, whom he described as "a very gentle, kind person and a peacemaker".

A deck of cards, an accordion, a 'Laurel and Hardy' DVD and garden tools were among the gifts presented to Canon McNamara as reflections of Mr O'Riordan's life.

A family photo was placed near his coffin and floral tributes read: 'Grandad', 'Husband' and 'Dad'.

Canon McNamara said Ms O'Riordan's father used to laugh a lot in life.

"I am quite sure he is laughing with joy in heaven now. It is a very noble quality to be filled with joy. With Terry, there was a time for everything -- laughter, enjoyment, recreation and playing the accordion," the priest said.

He recalled that the talented musician used to entertain all with his accordion on bus trips home from many pilgrimages to Knock.

Canon McNamara said Mr O'Riordan was very thankful and appreciative to those that were with him and helped him in his last hours. Don Burton -- husband of Ms O'Riordan and former tour manager with Duran Duran -- spoke briefly before the final journey to the nearby Caherelly cemetery.

Mr Burton said he had the privilege of knowing Terry for 20 years.

"I'll miss the sound of Terry. Terry loved life and loved playing the box (accordion)," he said.

"Most of all, he loved his wife Eileen, seven children and 2,000 grandchildren," Mr Burton said to the laughter of mourners gathered inside the church.

Next February, the Cranberries will release their eagerly anticipated album entitled 'Roses'. It is their sixth album and their first in 10 years.

The following month, they are due to tour Australia.

- Barry Duggan

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #294 en: Diciembre 02, 2011, 10:57:06 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #295 en: Diciembre 12, 2011, 10:24:08 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #296 en: Diciembre 14, 2011, 10:53:21 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #297 en: Diciembre 24, 2011, 01:38:05 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #298 en: Diciembre 24, 2011, 08:32:51 pm »
The Cranberries will be headliners of the Aluna Festival in Ruoms, Ardí¨che (France) next June.
The Aluna Festival will take place from June 22 to 24. The 3-day pass costs 75 euros.

Keep tuned to the festival site:http://www.aluna-festival.fr/

Thanks to Luke from Cranberries Press for the news!

salu2,
andy

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #299 en: Diciembre 25, 2011, 08:30:42 pm »
Noel Hogan, guitarrista de la banda, cumple hoy 40 años!!
 FELICIDADES!!!!!! :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: :011: