INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: The Cranberries  (Leído 118688 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: The Cranberries anuncian su vuelta!
« Respuesta #240 en: Julio 05, 2011, 11:48:23 pm »
Tallin cancelado!!

The show has been cancelled due to dolores' father illness

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #241 en: Julio 06, 2011, 11:23:58 pm »
Two more Asian dates are added:

26th July - Grand Stage, Shanghai, China   

28th July - MasterCard Center (Wukesong Arena), Beijing, China

And they rescheduled the Singapore date from 31st July to 1st August

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #242 en: Julio 07, 2011, 10:35:15 pm »
Foto!!

The band will shot the cover for new album Roses this Monday in Limerick with Andy Earl

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #243 en: Julio 07, 2011, 10:38:33 pm »
Mike & Ferg came around today. Had to do promo videos for Asia gigs. Now off to edit out the silly bits.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #244 en: Julio 12, 2011, 10:59:01 pm »
WORLD renowned rock photographer Andy Earl is in Limerick to shoot The Cranberries’ new album cover, his sixth for the band.

Earl, from Sussex, has photographed over 120 iconic album sleeves for acts as diverse as Pink Floyd, Madonna, Prince, Paul McCartney, Duran Duran, Robbie Williams, Morrissey and Johnny Cash and was due in Limerick on Monday to work with the band on their new cover.

The Cranberries are gearing up to release their sixth studio album later this year, their first since they reformed after a seven year absence in August 2009. Entitled ‘Roses’, the album was recorded in Toronto by the band with producer Stephen Street over a five week period in May and early March.

Previous to that, the band spent four weeks “rehearsing in Limerick going through new tracks for the upcoming album”. The band revealed on their official Twitter account late last week that Andy Earl was “coming to Limerick on Monday to shoot the cover for the new album. This will be Andy’s 6th album cover for the band!”.

While the band cancelled an appearance in Estonia last weekend because of an illness to a family member, they are scheduled to perform in Portugal this Saturday, followed by dates in Jakarta and Shanghai.

“Just planned an extra few hours rehearsal for next week and then off to Portugal next Friday,” read another tweet.

It is not known where the band will shoot the album cover for their latest studio album, but the prospect of an image of Limerick possibly appearing on the cover of the band’s record would be immensely beneficial, given that they have sold more than 40 million albums worldwide and remain incredibly popular around the world.

The quartet of Noel and Mike Hogan, Fergal Lawler and Dolores O’Riordan hit the big time in the early 90s with seminal album ‘Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can’t We?’, going on to have huge success, in particular in the United States. Several members of the most famous band to emanate from the city still reside in Limerick.

After a period pursuing their own projects, they reunited in late 2009, performing a thumping set at the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics in Thomond Park in 2010, their first appearance in the stadium.

According to their website, the new album is due for release later this year.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #245 en: Julio 20, 2011, 09:37:55 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #246 en: Julio 21, 2011, 11:24:12 pm »
Rumor

According to Hogan, the band had just wrapped up final edits and cover art for the 11-song record between touring Europe this month.
"We recorded 19 songs and think we might, and it's a big might, release an EP before the big album

From Faye Wong's verbatim cover of "Dreams" (in both mando and canto flavor) to college bands butchering "Zombie", Chinese video sites have chronicled Limerick-born The Cranberries' legacy of fandom in the middle kingdom that unlike the band, never took a break. 

"The fact that the people remember you after being gone for so many years, it's mad," explained guitarist Noel Hogan through e-mail about the band's recent resurrection and two-date visit to China, which closes with an appearance at Wukesong Arena on July 28. 

Despite a cancelation in Estonia during the European leg of their current tour earlier this month due to family illness, the Cranberries will still kick off their two-week Asian tour as scheduled in Jakarta on Friday, according to their agent Wednesday. 

After a seven-year split and reunification in 2009, the band's first-time China stint precedes the long-awaited album Roses; a reunion with long-time producer Stephen Street (the man behind 1992 breakthrough album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We? and follow-up No Need to Argue), which stylistically harks back their first two records with a more "relaxed" feel.

According to Hogan, the band had just wrapped up final edits and cover art for the 11-song record between touring Europe this month.

"We recorded 19 songs and think we might, and it's a big might, release an EP before the big album," he said. "The original plan was to do half a bit over the last few months, and then in September do the rest. But we just started clicking inside of the studio and next thing we knew, we had finished everything."

The album marks nearly 10 years since their last studio album Wake Up And Smell The Coffee (2001), which, released among the boy bands and rap metal popular at the time, garnered lukewarm reviews. According to reports, Roses contains re-recordings of earlier material written just before their 2003 split.

Despite the band members continuing on individual projects, such as frontwoman Dolores O'Riordan's solo record and Hogan's groups Mono Band and Arkitekt, he admitted that getting back together in 2009 after so many years was rough at first.

"At first, there were just problems everywhere, the sound was bad and it was kind of hard to remember everything. You know I personally hadn't played guitar in a year and a half for that point," revealed Hogan.

But admittedly it was this period of getting familiar again and trying out new material on the road that prepped the band for their album release. 

"If we had gone recorded an album right away, we would have been freaking out; does anybody like it, does anybody remember who we are? It's a lot more relaxed to do it this way. How lucky we are to be able to do this and come back."

However, Hogan explains that releasing new material today is a far cry from the early 90s, where the culture of downloading that has drastically changed people's "buying habits" has affected record companies more than artists, and it serves them right.

"It's the way that people consume the music that has changed, but people will still come to you and say I love this song and I love that song, and that's all it matters, you know that's the joy of the music," he explained.

"Nowadays the record companies are down their knees because of downloading, but to be fair all those years record companies have destroyed some really good bands."
 Hogan feels the Internet has helped bands more than hurt them.

"You don't really have to have a million dollar contract or whatever, but you can still try to get it out there. I mean it's harder for a new band to get big without selling a record, it's so different from what we began. I guess we're old-schoolers now."

Although critics and fans say the band has toned down their political opinions and perhaps mellowed with age ("Zombie" was written about an IRA bombing while there's "no social commentary or politics anywhere" on the new album), Hogan explains the band was more about capturing moments in time rather than conscious social statements.

"Most of the songs are about relationships than anything else," explained Hogan. "Songs like 'Zombie' just captured something that was happening at that moment. It's not something that we spent too much time thinking about."

"Dolores writes something that captures her at that moment: it could be her kids, it could be her husband, it could be me, it could be you, it could be something she watched on CNN," he explained.

"If you write just really good songs, it won't age; So you better always follow what you believe, because mainstream trends come and go, and nobody remembers who those bands are anymore.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #247 en: Julio 22, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »
According this article by China Daily, the band will play four songs from Roses during their tour in China!

"They will perform unforgettable tunes, especially Ode to My Family, Dreams, Zombie and Linger, as well as four tracks from their new album, Roses."

"With their Asian tour, the band is releasing their latest album, Roses, which is close to the first two albums musically."

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #248 en: Julio 22, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
Oporto

Porto setlist:

Analyse
Animal Instinct
How
Dreaming My Dreams
Linger
Ode To My Family
Wanted
Tomorrow
Just My Imagination
Schizophrenic Playboy
When You're Gone
I Can't Be With You
Waltzing Back
Free To Decide
Salvation
Ridiculous Thoughts
Zombie
Empty
Promises
Dreams

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #249 en: Julio 23, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »
Setlist Jakarta!!

01 – Analyse =/
02 – Animal Instinct =/
03 – How =/
04 – Dreaming My Dreams =/
05 – Linger =/
06 – Ode To My Family =/
07 – Wanted =/
08 – Tomorrow =)
09 – Just My Imagination =/
10 – Schizophrenic Playboys =D
11 – I Can’t Be With You =/
12 – Waltzing Back =/
13 – Free To Decide =/
14 – Salvation =/
15 – Ridiculous Thoughts =/
16 – Zombie =/

Encore

17 - Promises =/

18 - Dreams =/

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #250 en: Julio 24, 2011, 10:38:06 pm »
Analyse
Animal Instinct
How
Dreaming My Dreams
Linger
Ode To My Family
Wanted
Tomorrow
Just My Imagination
Schizophrenic Playboy 
I Can't Be With You
Waltzing Back
Free To Decide
Salvation
Ridiculous Thoughts
Zombie
Promises
Dreams

Jakarta!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l3io4DSjRM& TOMORROW

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #251 en: Julio 26, 2011, 11:06:21 pm »
Setlist China!!

[01. Analyse
02. Animal Instinct
03. How
04. Dreaming My Dreams
06. Linger
07. Put Me Down
08. Ode To My Family
09. Just My Imagination
10. Still Can't...
11. Time Is Ticking Out
12. When You're Gone
13. I Can't Be With You
14. Waltzing Back
15. Free To Decide
16. Salvation
17. Ridiculous Thoughts
18. Zombie
Encore:
19. Empty
20. Dying In The Sun
21. Promises
22. Dreams/quote]

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #252 en: Julio 26, 2011, 11:08:32 pm »
It was especially significant for fans who waited seven years for the band to come out of hiatus, in advance of its sixth studio album, Roses, due for release early next year.

We're gonna release a single in October this year..

We have an official Cranberries website and the new one is coming next week.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #253 en: Julio 27, 2011, 10:46:31 pm »
Tomorrow" will be the first single!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #254 en: Julio 30, 2011, 10:32:44 pm »
Entrevista a Fergal!!

The Cranberries regroup

The multi-faceted Irish rock band play their first gig here in 10 years since breaking up, reports NATALIE KOH

AFTER 13 years of playing together, The Cranberries separated from each other to the dismay of their fans. But now, after seven years, they have reunited, and are returning to the Singapore Indoor Stadium almost 10 years after their last visit. The break was just what they needed to come back even better than before, with a not-so-new, but improved sound.

Drummer Fergal Lawler says that with their reunion comes the 'old Cranberries sound but an added freshness and maturity.' The Irish band, which shot to fame in the 1990s with their debut album Everybody Else Is Doing It, So Why Can't We?, broke up to pursue individual careers, as well as concentrate on their families in 2003.

'We needed some stability,' Lawler shares. 'So we decided to take time off. But three years became four, then five, then seven. So after seven years, we met up and said we should really do this because it marks 20 years of The Cranberries, which is an important milestone.'

During the break, Lawler set up a recording studio beside his house, dabbling in engineering and producing, while Michael Hogan, the band's bassist opened a few restaurants, and vocalist Dolores O'Riordan pursued a solo career, releasing two solo albums, Are You Listening? in 2007 and No Baggage in 2009.

When they finally reunited, it fell together surprisingly easily. 'It's a lot more relaxed, now that we've had our long break. We're basically a family. We've been doing this for over 20 years so we just get on with each other,' Lawler quips.

With a new album, Roses, under way, The Cranberries looks set for a roaring comeback. 'We're definitely back together for good,' Lawler ascertains. 'In our time off, we did little bits off the band and everyone brought back a freshness to the new album. The album sounds a lot different than it would have if we hadn't gone off to do our own things. The break was good to get some fresh ideas to bring back.'

The upcoming concert will feature signature hits like Zombie, Linger, Ode to My Family and Dreams, along with some sneak peeks at their new album, which is set to be released later this year.

Talking about their new songs, Lawler says: 'You would know it's The Cranberries. It's that distinct sound when four of us play together, which is missing when any one of us is not there. That's The Cranberries sound, and the new album will have that, but be a little more grown up.

'There will be a lot more softer songs. But they're not moody. They're soft but powerful at the same time,' he adds. 'We've added things we were afraid of before, like loops and backing tracks on records. It's a good thing for us, but it doesn't take away the natural sound of our music. There's a kind of maturity and confidence that wasn't there before.It feels like we've gone back but gone forward at the same time.'

And he reasserts that the band wouldn't have grown up without that seven-year break. 'We just had to go through that stage. Nobody was having fun or enjoying it anymore. We just needed to move on and find inspiration elsewhere.'

The Cranberries Live in Singapore is on at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on Aug 1 at 8pm. Tickets priced at $198, $168, $138 and $98 (excluding administrative charges) are available from Sistic