INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Nightwish  (Leído 344535 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Nightwish
« Respuesta #390 en: Enero 05, 2011, 04:01:19 pm »
Good evening ladies and not so gentle men!

de Nightwish, el miíércoles, 05 de enero de 2011 a las 10:38

Good evening ladies and not so gentle men!

At the moment I have most of the bass tracks for the new album recorded. I started already a few weeks back, but I´ve been taking my time with the recordings. It´s the luxury of having your own equipment and a former job as studio engineer. For now, I´ve been taking it pretty easy for the last two weeks. The holiday season and all that goes with it, you
know...
Right now I´m collecting my inner plutonium for the critical mass again. I always do that before recording something. After all we´re not a pop band, and these songs need some really serious explosives. Too bad you can´t here them yet... I just had to twist  he knife here. I´m a sadist also. The songs are really good by the way...
 Of course we all would like to see this project finished, released and out for all the world to hear. The success we´ve been blessed or cursed with is demanding in it´s own ways. Everything has to be planned in long term. All the parts of releasing albums, videos and tours have to match carefully when you get to this stage of things. And so we all get fed up with the waiting. Try to be patient and we´ll do our best to reward you later on. And so we come to this: I hope you all had a nice holiday time. Also all of those people who don´t really care about that stuff. It´s a new year
2011. Let´s make it a good one! Always with respect!

Marco.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #391 en: Enero 06, 2011, 11:09:50 pm »
Anette ha grabado u nuevo tema junto con Niclas (su ex-compañero de Alyson Avenue)
Es en memoria de una amiga!!

http://alysonavenue.se/hanna/

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #392 en: Enero 14, 2011, 11:32:39 pm »
Marco cumple hoy 45 años!!!!
FELICIDADES!!! :011: :011: :011

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #393 en: Febrero 01, 2011, 11:38:23 pm »
01.02.2011 - A very precious start of the year to everybody!

In the excitement of Yuletide magic I wrote there would be secrets revealed at the end of January. There are big things happening within and around the Nightwish camp but the Big Boys and Bosses just sent me an ultimatum to keep my mouth shut for a couple more months, or I would wake up with a horse`s head in my bed.

I truly am very sorry about needing to keep future plans and sights still in secrecy. The purpose is not to annoy anybody or cause a carefully planned hype over the matter. Due to the changes in the schedule things will be revealed later during the spring.

The recordings continue, I`m off to E-Major Studios next weekend to put together all the files for the orchestral and choir sessions in London. I`m in daily contact with Mr. Pip Williams, going over the arrangements and new ideas for the songs. The demos he has sent me sound simply otherworldly! Beautiful, twisted, tribal and cinematic stuff. And with a theme album coming up, the mood changes seem to be more present than ever before.
Yup, it still is the Burton-Gaiman-Dali - amusement park we are about to enter.

More coming up once the mobsters grant me permission,

Tuomas

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #394 en: Febrero 10, 2011, 06:32:16 pm »
Todos los que tengáis a NW en facebook veríéis que ayer pusieron un commet en el que sólo poní­a "Imagine" y no nos contaban nada más pero hoy por fin nos lo han dicho!!!

Texto traducido por Karlos

Durante la grabación del nuevo álbum, Nightwish han estado preparando una pelí­cula. Imaginarium es una pelí­cula de música y fantasí­a basada en el próximo disco de Nightwish, que llevará el mismo tí­tulo y que contendrá 13 canciones. El protagonista de la pelí­cula es un compositor de música con una imaginación supernatural. Se trata de un hombre mayor que cree que aun es un chico joven. Mientras duerme viaja a su pasado, donde sus los sueños que tiene de mayor vulven a íél mezclados con el mundo de música y fantasí­a del chico joven.

En sus sueños, el hombre intenta descubrir los recuerdos más importante spara íél.

Este proyecto nunca antes realizado nació hace más de dos años cuando Tuomas presentó su idea del ambicioso proyecto Imaginarium al resto de la banda y a Mr. Stobe Harju, el director del video de The Islander. í‰l será el director de esta pelí­cula. Le pelí­cula será producida por Solar Films Inc y Nightwish. El rodaje de Imaginarium comezará esta primavera, y se estrenará en 2012. El disco en el que está basada la pelí­cula se publicará en algún momento indefinido.

Nightwish darán una rueda de prensa sobre este proyecto a finales de febrero.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #395 en: Febrero 17, 2011, 10:31:18 pm »
Entrevista a Tuomas!!

Part 1

Question (missed by video record delay)

Since you described yourself a "Barks fanatic", which one of his Donald Duck stories is your favourite and why?

(Video delay missed off him thinking and trying to decide and asking me if I know the English name of the one he’s describing)

Tuomas:  The one where they go camping, in Finnish it’s called “Camp Life” A huge forest fire comes and they dig into the ground, no?

Carol: No, I’ll be able to find out

Tuomas: Camp life, Camping something, I’m ashamed to say I don’t know the English title.

Carol: That’s ok

Tuomas:  It’s not ok, it fucking sucks!

Question: If you could choose any artist in the world to collaborate with, who would that person be?

Tuomas:  hmm any artist? You’re filming this right?  Good I’m in the mood.

Actually I just, 3-4 months ago I met Don Rosa, you know the Disney artist. I had a little chat with him about this project of mine, about writing the theme album about “The life and times of Scrooge McDuck” and I really want that to happen someday, and I’ve kinda started project already. So the answer to this one would be Don Rosa, would be cool to have him do all the artwork and stuff. And he was enthusiastic about the whole thing, but we’ll see.

Question: Out of all the instruments you play, why did you decide to focus on keyboards?

Tuomas: Well that’s the only instrument that I can barely play, if that’s logic enough.

Question: What is your favourite song from each Nightwish album?

Tuomas:  Wow ok. It kinda changes as some songs have a more personal meaning, and so on.  But I’ll try. From Angels Fall first I go with the last song “Lappi” from Oceanborn it would be “Walking in the air” even though it’s not our song. It’s still the best song ever made in the universe. On Wishmaster it’s definitely “Dead Boy’s Poem” on Century Child it’s..trying to remember all the songs… maybe “Bless the Child”. What’s next? Once?

Carol: You’re asking me?

Tuomas: Okay well that would be “Ghost Love Score” then Dark Passion Play, that’s “Poet and the Pendulum”

Question: How did you feel when you went to Disneyland for the first time?

Tuomas: That was the 26th of May 1990

Carol: Okay that’s freaky

Tuomas: Yeah, at about 9am with my Godmother. It was one of those ultimate moments in life, when I think about it now it’s probably the most nostalgic thing in life. I still have this huge photo album made by my Godmother from that trip and I just… out of words. I’ve been Disneyland 4 times and Disneyworld 8 times since. Even though it’s probably the worst rip off place in the world, sure is and I understand many people dislike it so much. It’s heaven for me and it’s my ‘fix’ that I need to get once a year

Question: What's your the best childhood memory/memories?

Tuomas: Well I just.. If I have to mention just one, if would have to be that.

Question: You now use 4 keyboards live, what are the specific uses for each?

Tuomas: Well I actually need 2 ones the 3rd one makes it much easier, and the 4th one is just to show off. That’s the truth, it’s not my idea it’s the keyboard technicians idea that I have 3, to make it more symmetric you have 1 here. And it’s hard as hell to play it like this. But the keyboard technician said “yeah that looks really cool” I try it but whatever.

Question: What equipment, audio interfaces, recording programs, etc, do normally you use when composing?

Tuomas: I just use the piano, acoustic guitar, electric guitar. I never use any computer, no software programmes or anything. So it’s just the keyboard, usually Korg Karma or Oasys and the sequencer inside that keyboard, that I do all the drum beats look like this. Then I quantize them. It’s really sympathetic; at least that’s how the other guys say it. You get the idea of what the songs should sound like.

Question: Why does the Nightingale sing?

Tuomas: I remember this song because my Sister, she’s a parachute jumper and teacher. And I once asked her like 12 years ago, what’s so good about jumping of a plane and flying in the air? What’s the feeling? Why do you do it? Her answer was “why does the Nightingale sing?”  And we have never talked about it since. This is a true story. It really made me think and that’s what the song is about as well.

Question: Are you ever curious what your fans discuss on sites such as ours?

Tuomas: I have to be honest that I really rarely go into the websites of Nightwish and my page as well because, it’s a bit hard to explain, you just feel, I always feel this sensation of ultimate blushing when I go there. And sometimes people talk about such deep things that it doesn’t feel right. There’s nothing wrong with that, I just feel it’s easier that I don’t go there and read it.

PART 2

Cont..

But it’s also very flattering seeing people go so deep into the things like lyrcis and music, because it means that they care.

Question: Why did you change the lyrics for the remake of Astral Romance?

Tuomas: Did I?

Carol: Yeah

Tuomas: I did? I can’t remember! Really?

Carol: Yes

Tuomas: Honestly I can’t remember why. Maybe because Tony was doing the singing this time. Honestly I can’t remember I’m sorry.

They made me drink this wine for this interview, so I would be more open up. It’s their fault!

Carol: Lies!

Tuomas: it is

Sarah/Carol: Complete lies!

Tuomas: It’s not a lie.

Question:  Why did you decide to record the instruments for forthcoming Nightwish album at your own home instead of the usual studio?

Tuomas: Well. There is one really big reason for this and that’s called money. With modern technology you can pretty much record wherever you want, you have this mobile studio and mixing goods all that stuff, and we thought that being at home. It’s a really comfy environment and much cheaper so just felt like a good thing to do.

Question: How many languages can you speak?

Tuomas: Finnish and a little bit of English, and some swear words in Swedish.

Question: Since Christmas is a magical period for you, how do you spend your typical Christmas?

Tuomas: Christmas is very special to me, I don’t like the hassle but I really enjoy the magic and mythology of Yuletide. I’ve always enjoyed it, and it’s also a time of magic and family for me so out of the 34 Christmases that I’ve spent in my life, I think about 31 I’ve spent with my family; Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister and their families.  But it’s really important, and some people say that the older you get the less you care about the presents and it’s more about being together and stuff. I really like getting presents, so I think that’s crap. I love getting presents and giving even more! Every Christmas I always take my time you know, really slowly opening packages, I want it to last and last. It’s so good to have presents.

Carol: I was just annoyed that ours arrived late

Tuomas: Yeah it came like 28th/29th something like that

Carol: Yeah I sent it 12th or something, they said it would take 4 days.

Tuomas: didn’t you have a strike or something

Sarah/Carol: Weather

Sarah: We had 2 inches of snow, and the whole country decided to shut down.

Tuomas: 2 inches!

Carol: We look outside, “no it’s white.. we can’t do anything”

Sarah: The trains stopped running which I thought was funny

Tuomas: And I just got it framed

Carol: Oh cool, so you like it?

Tuomas: It’s wonderful, yeah

Carol: We thought what do we get? We looked at this and we were hmm he may already have it, because we know what you’re like.

Tuomas: I didn’t have it

Carol: We thought we would go for it anyway, but that’s good it’s cool.

Tuomas: Thank you once more.

Question: Do you have a preferred scale to compose with?

Tuomas: I really like F# minor for some reason, I have no idea why. That’s my favourite scale.

Question: Have you ever thought about composing a Christmas Themed song?

Tuomas: It has crossed my mind. There’s this one traditional, actually it’s not a Christmas song but it’s called “Tontu” now all the Finnish people know what I’m talking about but you guys don’t have a clue. It’s called The Gnome, which is not actually a Christmas song but it’s always sang on Christmas time and it’s my all-time favourite Yuletide Carol. And for years I’ve been trying to put it on Nightwish mode to make a cover out of it and maybe someday it will happen. Great stuff.

Question: If you could re-write a film soundtrack, what would it be?

Tuomas: Re-write? I don’t want to re-write any soundtrack because they are so good. If I wanted to re-write a soundtrack it would mean I didn’t like the original. So, just wouldn’t make any sense. I’m not sure I understand the question

Carol: Okay, if you could call a soundtrack one of yours, as I could pick that soundtrack as in “I would write that”

Tuomas: Ah okay. “The Village” by James Newton Howard, that’s the ultimate magic when it comes down to music, that soundtrack for me. I dunno how he did it but it’s unbelievable. 70% of that film belongs to the score, James Newton Howard. Just listen to the violin the riffs, it’s unbelievable. My all-time favourite, together with “The Gladiator” by Hans Zimmer. You know it?

Carol: The Gladiator yeah, but I’ve not seen The Village…yet.. Okay don’t give me that look! I have it saved on my hard drive at home, I have it there to watch, I just have not had the time. I promise I’ll go home and watch it and let you know.

Tuomas: Okay you’re excused.

Question: We all know you like rides etc at theme parks, and we all know you have bungee jumped. Would you ever do something really crazy like sky dive?

Tuomas: I saw my Sister hurt so many times with sky diving so; I think I’m a bit scared of that so I probably would not do it. I done bungee jump, I love roller coaster rides, the crazier the better. I’ve done a lot of scuba diving and kind weird stuff; skydiving is something I probably would not do.

Question: What is your favourite instrument to compose for/like the sound of?

Tuomas: It’s the combined sound of piano and strings on my Korg Oasys.

That was a hard this to say.

Question: What is your most beautiful memory related to Nightwish?

Tuomas: Sorry this is impossible as there are so many. I know it’s a clichíé answer but there’s so many. First South American tour, the first Hartwall Arena show, releasing the very first album ..Millions and millions.

I hope the best one is yet to come. No more?

Carol: No

Tuomas: Come on, ask me something!

Carol: I don’t know

Tuomas: This was fun. I’m sorry about my blabbering, it’s really.. I couldn’t help it; they poured it into my mouth.

Carol: yeah yeah!

Sarah: yes, self-poured

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #396 en: Febrero 20, 2011, 05:35:25 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #397 en: Febrero 20, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »
Angel Studios, London

We arrived at Angel Studios in Islington, London in the evening of Valentine´s Day and had a most friendly welcome from studio engineers Steve Price and Mat Bartram. They`d already set up everything for next day`s recordings, which would include 3 three-hour sessions with a 53-piece orchestra, most of the players being familiar faces from the "Once" and "Dark Passion Play" - sessions. Pip (Williams, the orchestral arranger) joined us at the hotel and we were all excited and ready for a week of long days and for witnessing some superb musicianship.

A heartwarming feeling of reunion and nostalgia filled the air when we met the session musicians on Tuesday morning. We started off with "Goat`s Liver" (working title...probably), followed by a couple of more epic pieces and all the rest that required a large orchestra. The musicianship of these people never ceases to amaze me. They`ve never heard the songs before, they haven`t had any rehearsals, and still they nail all the songs, even those in the hardest imaginable key, after just one or two run-throughs. Their prima vista - playing is something out of a science fiction story... Respect.

Mr. Thomas Bowes did a fantastic job as our orchestra leader, Mr. James Shearman was a most superb conductor, and once again, Pip topped himself with the arrangements. We had put much more effort and thought into them than on the previous two albums, too.
On Wednesday we continued with the orchestral recordings, last of the day`s sessions being with a 20-piece string / harp - section. Some new working titles were also born, such as "The Birdie Song", "Teriyaki" and "Haunted Mansion Ride".

Thursday was the day for percussion and ethnic drums. This time we decided to record all the rhythmic instruments separately from the orchestra to make it easier for the mixing process. Because some of the sounds the percussionists came up with would literally blow your eardrums off.

The highlight of the day was when we let loose Mr. Paul Clarvis & Mr. Stephen Henderson with their ethnic percussion arsenal. Paul`s 350-year-old taiko-drum really did the trick for me, as did the 5-foot hammer and a dustbin. We put all this into a one 3-minute instrumental, and the result is breathtaking and madly passionate.

Friday was booked for choirs. Again that sensation of nostalgia when The Metro Voices entered the building. We had 13 titles to sing and they did it in less than seven hours, prima vista. Utterly gorgeous stuff!

A childrens` choir is something we haven`t tried on a Nightwish album before and its turn was on Saturday morning. The Young Musicians London, led by the wonderful Mary Poppins - like Lynda Richardson were simply heartbreaking. These kids have immense talent, they are future superstar musicians and we are proud to have them on our album. Their sound was beautiful, innocent and in parts very, very scary. And that`s exactly what we were after.

During the evening we had two more guest musicians, Mr. Dermot Crehan (of The Lord Of The Rings - fame) with his hardanger fiddle and Mr. Dirk Campbell with his zurna. Both performances were stunning and added a nice little ancient touch to two of the songs.

Our most humble thanks to all the session musicians, the Angel Studios staff, Pip, James, Thomas, Lynda, Dick the music copyist and Jenny the choir mistress. It was a huge honor to work with you all and to have such talent and spirit captured on "Imaginarium"!

We miss you all dearly already and try to be faster with the next album.

Tuomas, Hilton Islington 20.2.2011

Fotos

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #398 en: Febrero 23, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »
Entevista a Tuomas

Holed up in the studio for the better part of this spring, Nightwish are not only putting finishing touches to their new album Imaginarium, but also planning a movie of the same name. If all goes well, the album is scheduled to be released early in 2012, followed by the movie after an indefinite time. The first single off the album as well as the trailer for the movie should appear well before the end of the 2011.

For the movie, Nightwish have teamed up with director Stober Harju's production team and Solar Films.

How did you come up with the concept for Imaginarium?
- After completing the last album, I realized that we can't necessarily top Dark Passion Play in terms of bombast and dynamics. I could simply see the end of a certain path looming in the horizon and started thinking about new challenges. At some point I had a revelation: is there a reason why Nighwish should be just an aural experience? Why shouldn't we broaden our horizons? I got the idea of a concept album and thought that we could shoot a video for each song that would all tie together and comprise a story. I wanted to create a complex whole that would be something new compared to the movie projects of, say, Pink Floyd, Kiss, Lordi et cetera.

The project was started two and a half years ago, in early autumn 2008.
- I had met director Stobe Harju during the production of "The Islander" video and knew that we were on the same wavelength what comes to crazy fantasy stuff. I told Stobe about my idea, and he said instantly: "Tuomas, you're crazy as a loon, but the idea's amazing -- let's start pre-production!"

- So basically I came up with the concept: I had a vision that we'd shoot thirteen music videos that would all tie together. Then Stobe suggested we'd have dialogue, too, although I had thought that music and videos would carry the story. Stobe assured, however, that the combination of music, imagery and dialogue would give us the best results, and now that I look at the script, I realize that he was right. The pre-production has gone amazingly well, because all my main ideas, like the roller coaster ride in one song, fit Stobe's story seamlessly. Basically I gave Stobe thirteen pearls, and he crafted a whole pearl necklace out of them.

The final script is still being written, but what can you reveal about the plot at the moment?
- An old composer on his deathbed returns to his childhood. Old memories slowly return, mingled with the small boy's world of fantasy and music. This is the main concept that we can reveal at the moment. I wanted to convey a positive message and a sense of carpe diem. The movie is about the joy of being alive and the beauty of the world.

The first advertisement poster gives hints about the visuals of Imaginarium. What else do you want to share with us at this point?
- We're visualizing something that's a cross between the surreal worlds of Tim Burton, Neil Gaiman, and Salvador Dali, but we try to not make it too artsy. Of course I've seen a thick pile of reference art, and it looks absolutely great.

Have you already done the casting? Can we expect to see any band members in the movie?
- We're just about to start casting, but it's mostly going to be done by Stobe and Solar Films. Personally, I'd like to see unknown actors, who haven't been type-casted yet. Obviously it would be good if they were native English speakers, too, because "rally English" really doesn't fit the tone of the movie.

- Nightwish basically appear as themselves, as we're probably going to be seen playing two or three songs in the movie. There are also some support parts and dialogue written for us, but obviously you won't see us in the main roles. The running time will be about 80 minutes, maybe even a bit more.

Has it been challenging to get the funding for the movie?
- "Challenging" is an understatement. You have to remember that a movie like this costs seven figures. Nevertheless, I was not ready to give up at any point, because the idea of releasing just an audio album would have felt like a let-down. The band is strongly involved in the production, and therefore we're also taking a big financial risk ourselves. It's obviously great that we got an excellent company like Solar Films as a partner.

- Despite all the talk about the movie, it's of utmost importance to remember that Imaginarium is also the new Nightwish album, a stand-alone musical work. What's probably interesting for the listeners is that the music on the album and in the movie will differ a bit — in the movie, some intros are edited out, some choruses don't have vocals, and so forth. In the movie, the music obviously has to accommodate the story and the drama.

What kind of role do the lyrics of the songs play in the story?
- It was interesting to write the lyrics, because they also have to work on their own without the movie. That's why you won't hear the names of the characters in the lyrics, for example. The individual themes are pretty universal, yet they tie into each other without actually telling a linear story. But don't worry, everything will be made clear in time.

How do you plan to release these things?
- If everything goes smoothly, we plan to release the album in early 2012, followed by the movie when it's ready. It's going to be on DVD at least, but hopefully we'll also get a theatrical release. And of course Imaginarium will later be available as a double pack with both the album and the movie.

If Dark Passion Play saw the end of one path, what on earth can you do after Imaginarium?
- I guess we have to incorporate smells and other sensations...

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #399 en: Febrero 23, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »
El director Stobe Hairju

Renowned for his work in the Alan Wake video game and as a director of several music videos, Stobe Harju met the Nightwish guys and management during "The Islander" video shoot. The successful project eventually gave birth to a feature-length movie called Imaginarium.

How did the Imaginarium project start?
- Tuomas called me late in the summer of 2008 and was like, "Hi, Stobe, do you have time to talk about a couple of music videos? Actually, we're going to shoot a video for each song on the next album." I immediately thought that the poor guy has lost it.

- We then had a meeting where I got to hear the song titles and Tuomas' initial vision for each song. Like, "this song could have a roller coaster in it", and so forth. Fortunately our visions were very similar, so it was surprisingly easy to start forging a longer and more detailed story based on Tuomas' original ideas. During the following months, I wrote about 70 pages with pictures and everything, and it was the first version of the larger story that contained each one of Tuomas' original ideas.

- Tuomas read the story, congratulated me that it was exactly how he had envisioned it, so we continued to develop the script. After about six months I had refined the story in my mind to the point that I needed to ask Tuomas what he would think about my new idea: why should we split the story into separate music videos? Why not make a movie, because the stories fit together so good? And that's what we decided to do. I've got to admit that it has felt weird and even crazy at times, because nobody has done something like this before. But basically the vibe has been great, because this project is as interesting as it gets.

Imaginarium is really the first of its kind, but could you give some comparisons?
At gunpoint I could describe it as a cross between Moulin Rouge and Pink Floyd's The Wall, but basically the movie is something unique. Imaginarium is pure fantasy and also pretty much encompasses everything that Nightwish stand for. Personally, I think that Imaginarium is the visual representation of the things they want to portray in their music, so in other words, the idea is to make the movie look as much like Nightwish as possible. This is viable because the album and the movie have been developed together — the movie has not inspired the music or vice versa. It was not like somebody thought that the music is so visual that it would be nice to a movie out of it or anything. We started with the song titles and Tuomas' broad concept and developed it from there. The lyrics and music were inspired by the longer stories that we came up with, and the detailed script was eventually inspired by the songs. The project has progressed one step at a time.

How much can you reveal about Imaginarium and its plot at this point?
- I can obviously tell you some broad outlines. It's not going to be a linear Peter Pan -type of story, there's enough of those already. We wanted to find a fresh angle and a main character and eventually thought about an old man and the story of his life. In the movie, his current life blends with his childhood fantasies, and along the way, we might wonder what our adult life has become after our imagination was stifled. As adults, we no longer remember the time when the snow hill on our backyard was the tallest mountain in the world. The symbolism gets pretty difficult at times, but the music of Nighwish is not easy either! You can interpret Nightwish in a number of ways, and the movie is no different.

How would you describe the visuals in the movie?
- My former work has been compared to e.g. Tim Burton, but this time there's more influences like Salvador Dali in evidence, not to forget a strong Disney vibe. The end result will definitely owe more to the surrealism of Dali than to the crazy, candy-colored world of Tim Burton. There's also going to be a lot of CGI — I originally used to be an animator and love SFX in general, so that kind of stuff comes naturally to me.

- I really have to brag a bit and say that I'd like to see another Finnish movie with such ambitious costume design, set design, post-production and visuals. So in a nutshell: if we manage to realize our visions, it's going to be one helluva ride!

It's also interesting to know that the music in the film differs a bit from the album versions.
- Tuomas has really given me the right to change things, of course within certain limits and with his permission, and the score of the movie will differ a bit from the music on the album. There's also moments during dialogue where instead of Nightwish music you can hear interludes that are probably going to be composed by Petri Alanko. So to sum it up: Tuomas is obviously the executive producer of the music, and he will approve the variations in the songs heard in the movie (compared to the album versions), but there's also going to be some things written by Petri Alanko, of course heavily inspired by the spirit of Nightwish.

- There's also going to be two Nightwish songs heard on the background of the dialogue, so they're used more like a movie score. Obviously the music still carries the story during those moments, although it gives a bit more room to the dialogue.

How tight is your schedule for finishing the movie?
- The album comes out first, sometime in early 2012, but the release of the movie has not been set yet. We really don't have too much time to waste, but we won't want to rush things either, as we want to do everything just right. During the production of Alan Wake, we created 90 minutes of animation in 30 weeks. People first thought that the schedule was impossible, and I've got to admit it was taxing at times. Basically the question is whether you can still produce quality work during 18-hour workdays...

Fortunately we have a good team spirit, an excellent production company, an ingenious producer - Markus Selin - and an awesome band, so currently things look great to say the least!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #400 en: Febrero 23, 2011, 11:24:37 pm »
Markus Selan (productor)

Solar Films producer Markus Selin on Imaginarium.

How did Solar Films start the collaboration with Nightwish to produce Imaginarium?
- King Foo Entertainment and Solar Films have worked together on different projects for years. When Tuomas and Stobe presented the idea for Imaginarium, we instantly decided to go for it.

What were your first thoughts on this project consisting both the new studio album and a movie by a world-class band?
- The whole idea was so "out there", that of course we were interested in the collaboration. And now that we really know what we got and what we're doing, everybody is full of enthusiasm. I don't think there have been any innovations in Rock cinema since Pink Floyd's "The Wall" — and that was 30 years ago!

How far exactly is the project right now (casting, funding, pre-production...)?
- Everything has moved forward at a dizzying pace. We can start shooting this year, and the movie will premiere in 2012. So the schedule is pretty crazy, but in a way, it's good for a project like this. The funding looks real good at the moment, and everything should be settled by the end of April.

What are the biggest challenges with the project?
-The schedule by far. The SFX will probably be quite challenging, too, and obviously there's still a million other things to take care of, but that's always the case before the actual shooting begins.

What kind of a movie do you envision to see sometime next year?
-I expect the movie to become a modern classic. I also believe that the movie and the music will live long into the future.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #401 en: Febrero 25, 2011, 10:19:31 pm »
Entrevista

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74GXPxGXmmg&

Tuomas Holopainen and Stobe Harju got interviewed in Finnish morning tv-show 23.11.2011. Interview is mainly about Imaginarium, upcoming Nightwish album and movie.

In the midst of recording a new album, NIGHTWISH has been preparing a movie. IMAGINARIUM is a music fantasy film based on the forthcoming NIGHTWISH album of the same title and its 13 songs.

The protagonist of the film is a songwriter with an otherworldly imagination. He is an old man who still thinks he's a young boy. While asleep, he travels into his distant past where his dreams of old come back to him mixed to the young boy's world of fantasy and music.

In his dreams the old man fights to find the memories most important to him.

This unprecedented project originated more than two years ago when NIGHTWISH keyboardist and main songwriter Tuomas Holopainen first introduced his ambitious idea of the "Imaginarium" concept to his bandmates and to Stobe Harju, the director of NIGHTWISH's "The Islander" music video. Harju will helm this full-length feature, which will be produced by Solar Films Inc. along with NIGHTWISH.

The "Imaginarium" filming will begin this spring and the movie will have its premiere in 2012.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #402 en: Marzo 05, 2011, 05:50:05 pm »
Anette se ha roto varias costillas tras un caida!!
Así­ que las grabaciones se retrasan!!

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #403 en: Marzo 07, 2011, 12:01:50 am »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #404 en: Marzo 10, 2011, 10:49:02 pm »
Anette no empieza a grabar hasta el 4 de abril!!

Today me, Ewo and Tuomas decided that its better if I rest the whole month and get in shape so I can do the vocals super good and have booked my vocal recordings from april 4 instead in another studio in Finland. This is really good cause noone will be happy if the album wont sound perfect. And we dont have any hurry since the album has plenty of time to get mastered and ready still.