INICIO FOROS ÍNDICES DIVISAS MATERIAS PRIMAS CALENDARIO ECONÓMICO

Autor Tema: Tarja Turunen  (Leído 342244 veces)

Serena

• Moderador
  • Excelente participación
Re: Tarja Turunen
« Respuesta #510 en: Noviembre 25, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »
Former NIGHTWISH frontwoman Tarja Turunen will release a special "Dreamer's Box Set" version of her latest album, "What Lies Beneath".

A photo of the singer backstage signing 500 photos for the above-mentioned box set can be viewed below.

More information will be made available soon.

Tarja's sophomore solo album, "What Lies Beneath", sold around 1,300 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 24 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.

"What Lies Beneath" registered the following first-week chart positions:

Finland: #14 (first week), #7 (second week)
Czech Republic: #6
Switzerland: #11
Hungary: #30
Netherlands: #45
Belgium (Flanders): #99
Belgium (Wallonia): #42
UK: #115

"What Lies Beneath" was released in North America on September 14 via The End Records. The CD's first single, "Falling Awake" (featuring Jason Hook from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH), was released August 17 as a limited-edition seven-inch single through The Omega Order and available August 24 at all digital outlets . The track is backed with "The Good Die Young" — a song from the SCORPIONS' most recent album that features Tarja's vocals.

Featuring U.S.-exclusive artwork and a bonus track, "What Lies Beneath" was recorded and produced by Tarja and mixed by Tim Palmer (PEARL JAM, THE CURE, ROBERT PLANT), Colin Richardson (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and Slamm Andrews (scores of "Angels & Demon", "Pirates of The Caribbean", "Gladiator"). Special guests on ther CD include Phil Labonte (ALL THAT REMAINS), Joe Satriani, Jason Hook (FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH), Will Calhoun (LIVING COLOUR), Slovak National Symphony Orchestra and Choir and more.

Turunen will take part in a unique Christmas tour 2010 with well-known Finnish musicians — Kalevi Kiviniemi, Marzi Nyman and Markku Krohn. They will perform in churches in Oulu, Lahti, Kuopio, Pori and Keuruu. The Artistic Director of the concerts is Kalevi Kiviniemi and the concerts are organized by Rowan3 Productions. The tickets are on pre-sale via Menolippu, Lippupalvelu and Tiketti.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #511 en: Noviembre 27, 2010, 11:36:58 pm »
Let me say that I was not the only Finn whose face got serious when the plane landed at the airport in Helsinki. Why on earth our ancestors decided to stay here and make a living in such cold place? I don’t get it. Yesterday, -9° and today it is snowing a lot.

Nevertheless, the white blanket and the silence that comes with it, is beautiful. Something to miss while travelling through very different sceneries.

Well, here I am anyway trying to survive without getting cold before my Xmas and forthcoming rock shows.

I love this idea I started some years ago of “coming home for Christmas” mood. Ending the year in Finland and offering some church concerts is always relaxing for mind and soul.

The music in my Christmas concerts is really different compared with what I’ve been doing these last months. It’s a nice refreshing change. 

Alice Cooper tour was an awesome experience. Mr. Cooper himself was so kind and told me many nice and supportive words about my singing and music. I truly hope to see him once again in the near future. I want to thank him and his talented crew and band for this great opportunity. It was fun!

When I read for the first time that we were going to have a show in the city of Bamberg, Germany, I thought that this might be just another small, normal, regular German city. I was SO wrong. It is indeed such a beautiful, old city. It was wonderful to walk around the old part of the city, take some pictures like a real tourist. Even the weather was perfect on that day!

Here I am in my backstage signing 500 photos for a special box set of “What Lies Beneath” that will be coming out very soon! I am sure you will be informed about it in my web page 

I named it the “Dreamer’s box set”.

It was a nice surprise for me to receive James Kottak visiting our show in Berlin during the tour. I met him last time in Buenos Aires where I was another Scorpion’s fan at their show in Luna Park. Thanks James for coming to say hello!

I had a really rough time in Paris with the album promotion after my amazing show in Zurich. It was just so lovely to sing for Swiss people once again.

I had to leave almost right after the show to Paris by train. The whole next day I spent talking about “What Lies Beneath” that is finally going to be released in France via XIII Bis Records on 29th of November. I am very happy. Thanks to my patient and loyal French fans.

I didn’t remember how beautiful and old the city of Lyon is. Last time my visit in Lyon was in 2005 and then there was NO time at all to look around. There was not enough time for it this time either, I must say. Though I had a chance to walk a bit around the old city and I was blown away.

I had a nice signing session there with my kind fans. There were even some people from Africa and USA coming to say hi to a Finnish person in France…”sometimes I wonder” 

Another part of this tour is over and everything is packed and we are ready to move on.

I’ll see you soon in my Christmas concerts here in the cold winter wonderland.

With love, Tarja

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #512 en: Diciembre 01, 2010, 11:13:08 pm »

_V_

• Visitante

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #514 en: Diciembre 01, 2010, 11:17:27 pm »
Del dvd de Doro

Walking with the angels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbgu_VvhCYE

Que grandes  :014:

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #515 en: Diciembre 03, 2010, 10:27:07 pm »
What Lies Beneath Dreamers Box Set: coming soon!

An impending revelation, a dream within a dream, a glance at all things hidden, a surprise. Discover the 500 units limited edition of the upcoming Dreamers box set from What Lies Beneath.
Soon, pre orders will start in Tarja’s official web shop. Be the first to order as the Dreamers Box Set will be limited to only 500 units. The orders will be processed according to first come first served basis.
What Lies Beneath Dreamers Box Set contains:

-A 14 Track CD including all songs from What Lies Beneath
Anteroom of death
Until my last breath
Naiad
Dark star
Underneath
Little lies
Still of the Night
Rivers of lust
In for a kill
I Feel Immortal
We are
Falling awake
The archive of lost dreams
Crimson deep

-A 9 Track CD including unreleased mixes and exclusive song “If You Believe”
Dark Star Tarja Lead Vocals version
Montañas de Silencio
If You Believe
The Crying Moon
Underneath Orchestral Version
I Feel Immortal Single Version
Falling Awake featuring Jason Hook
The Good Die Young Performed by Scorpions & Tarja
Naiad Instrumental Extended Version

-A 56 (135 g/m2) Pages 12“ hardcover book incl. High-quality photographic pictures and all lyrics for the songs

-Two Picture-Vinyl 180 g pressing of ”What lies Beneath” in a Hardcover Gatefold unique to this edition

-A 12’’ square portrait of Tarja, printed in 6 colors on a 280gr photo paper. Each print is hand signed by Tarja, housed in a 12’’ spined sleeve

-CardPac with a USB-Card 2 GB ”Alloy Series“ including Tarja’s videos with Logo print in brushed Aluminium (100 % recycled material)

-An authentic Venetian Mask to hide behind

Pre orders will be announced soon, stay tuned

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #516 en: Diciembre 05, 2010, 11:11:19 pm »
I am having some time off in Lahti before we leave to Keuruu, Finland

I will have my last Christmas concert in tonight. It’s been quite cold in Finland during these last days, but also it’s been just wonderful to sing these Christmas “carols” again with Kalevi, Markku and Marzi.

This group of people really enjoys performing together, but also we like to share time together. I wonder how it is possible that I have such lucky stars upon me? It’s a true blessing.

As you might have realized there is another musician with us this time. Her name is Mervi Myllyoja and she plays violin wonderfully. It has been an unexpected addition just a day before the first concert, thanks to Kalevi. I am grateful to have her with us. Violin brings a beautiful colour to our line up and there are several different options for new arrangements of the songs we are performing. Only sky is the limit!

We started the Xmas tour in Oulu, northern part of Finland. A short rehearsal was needed.

Last time I performed in Oulu was many years ago, so it was really nice to return there. I needed to buy a new winter coat, since the temperature went down to -22° on the first day!

Always many fans of different ages are waiting to meet us after the concert and it is always a pleasure to meet them when it is possible.

Next concert was in Kuopio where I was studying music in Sibelius Academy. Can you imagine that Kalevi and I share the same organ teacher!!!! It was so incredible to talk with him about our school times when we were travelling through the winter wonderland in our van.

I wouldn’t even dare to jump in front of the organ again and play…I leave it for the ones that are born with it. Kuopio concert was really important to me, since I had never sang as a soloist in the main church, but only dreamed about it many times. As in Oulu, the church was full of people! Lovely.

We had the chance to use the church organ for some of the numbers and I sang from the balcony.

After Kuopio we travelled to Pori. The church of Pori is amazing, like a real cathedral.

I should not forget to mention the organ of the church. Kalevi says it’s the best organ in Finland.

The acoustics were wonderful and the people in Pori were really excited about our performance. It had been again too many years since I performed in Pori last time. I know the next time won’t take that long.

Lahti concert yesterday in Sibelius hall was really a pleasure. People came to thank me and told me that the atmosphere in the concert was warm and very emotional. That is exactly our goal, to reach people with the Christmas feeling.

Next year we probably will have two concerts in the same place, since many people was left out this time. Sorry about that. Lovely audience, lovely performance.

Today we’ll head to Keuruu and that will be the end of this Christmas concerts.

We are planning 2011 Christmas Tour already! 

I will be anyway staying in Finland since there are few rock shows to come. My band is going to arrive tomorrow, on the Finnish Independence Day to Helsinki and soon it’s going to be the time to rock again with them. Starting from Hí¤meenlinna!

I also wanted you to know that I have been following some amazingly well organized Winter Storm fan clubs web pages for some time now. It’s been great to see how well they function and how accurate they are. I want to thank all the people who are behind these pages.

If you are still not a member of any of the fan clubs, you should 

http://www.tarjaturunen.com/?page_id=184

I read that the video for Until My Last Breath went to the top in MTV Brazil and that you are actively voting in every place that you can to make me be there.

Thank you once again! 

And all you who have created a fan page for me

http://www.tarjaturunen.com/?page_id=181

There are more each day and is so nice to go through them.

Thanks for the support, time and loyalty. I feel that I am not alone.

With love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #517 en: Diciembre 13, 2010, 11:05:06 pm »

2011 Savonlinna Opera FestivalFestival de í“pera de Savonlinna 20112011 Savonlinnan Oopperajuhlat2011 Savonlinna Opera Festival

More than 300 artists from 12 countries will be appearing during the 2011 season of the Savonlinna Opera Festival.
Heading the band of international soloists will, among others, be the star of the New York Metropolitan Josíé Cura.
The world-famous Argentinean tenor will be giving a concert in the Castle on July 17th with the Kuopio Symphony Orchestra and also appearing in the concert will be Tarja as the guest Soprano.
For more info and ticket sales, please check

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #518 en: Diciembre 20, 2010, 10:47:19 pm »
La edición 2011 del festival germano Summer Breeze Open Air, dispuesta para los dí­as 18, 19 y 20 de agosto en Dinkelsbí¼hl, ha confirmado a la cantante TARJA

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #519 en: Diciembre 21, 2010, 11:26:32 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #520 en: Diciembre 25, 2010, 11:23:31 pm »
The tours for this year are over and it’s time to have holidays with the loved ones.

I am very happy with the outcome of this year and I am sure that next year will bring new challenges once again. As long as I keep on dreaming my dream, I guess the path I took many years ago is the correct one 

Before changing my winter jacket to the bikinis, I wanted to tell you what has happened in these last couple of weeks.

My lovely Christmas tour was very successful. It was wonderful to see all the concert places packed with people with Christmas mood, even though we took an early start for the holiday celebrations in the beginning of December.

I had never visited Keuruu before, so it was a nice surprise indeed that so many people came to listen our music in the beautiful wooden church and offered us a standing ovation. Perfect ending for this show.

Every one of us musicians was very sad that the tour had to end so soon. We would have all loved to continue with the concerts, but we live in hope that in the next years we can do many more of them together. That’s a nice wish. I already miss Kalevi, Markku, Mervi and Marzi!

Immediately after my Christmas tour, I had to get my mood back to rock´n roll for my shows in Hí¤meenlinna, Tampere and Mikkeli, just 2 days after the last Xmas concert. Many people have been asking me how I manage with such drastic changes, but I just love it! I will never get bored like this 

I enjoy having two careers at the same time, because they both complete me as an artist, as a singer.

It was pretty tough though to front a seated Finnish audience in the concert halls in Finland. I am sad when I hear and read that Finnish people we are “cold/dead/frozen”. We are definitely not, but we have our own ways to show our interest. If you front a full house and people getting away from their seats to cheer and stand, believe me, you won this one!

would love to specially dedicate all the shows I did in Finland this year to those ones with power to decide. Guys, open your eyes and you will see… Finland I salute you!

After Suomi we headed to Europe, Luxembourg and had a nice day off. We walked through the streets of the old city and it was the first time for me to have a chance to see the life of Luxembourg more than just through the hotel room window. Lovely!

After Luxembourg anyway my luck changed.

Nitra, Slovakia was something particular. We spent 3 days in a cosy hotel doing absolutely nothing important, since the Slovakian shows got cancelled just in the last minute. It was a really big misfortune for me and I didn’t expect that at all to happen. I really hope to be able to return to Slovakia and to sing for my lovely fans. We are working on that and I hope to have news soon about it.

You were the ones that made me really happy when I met some of you at the Christmas Market in Nitra. Even though it was a very cold day, I was surprised how many of you got my message and was there! Facebook has remarkable powers!  Anyway, I ask you my deepest apologizes for not performing this time.

Luckily I had a lot of time to walk around the city of Nitra.

Well, many of us were anxious to get to Austria and Graz is definitely one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Even the sun was showing up on the day we arrived there. I wanted to see the view of the city from the Schloss Eggenberg and it was worth to go up on the hill.

The show was really great and we rocked together with the Austrian people.

The last journey we did was to Milan. I have always had good memories from my shows in Italy, but this time the people were just stunning. Beautiful, loud and happy crowd. The weather was terrible, but despite of that, there were a lot of people waiting for me after the show under the rain. People were soaked and cold, but happy.

It was a lovely ending for this 2010 tour. There are many more tours to come next year, I promise.

I want to thank for all the Xmas presents, lovely messages and supportive words you’ve been giving me during these last months. “What Lies Beneath” is alive and well, but wouldn’t be so without you all.

Now it’s time to say goodbye, but I’ll be back sooner than you expect. Perhaps just a bit more tanned 

Wherever you are, I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Take care and have lovely holidays!

With all my love, Tarja

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #521 en: Diciembre 26, 2010, 11:04:40 pm »
Tarja hablando de sexo!!

Entrevista Metal Heart 2004

Con su simpática sonrisa reacciona la cantante finlandesa, cuando le pedimos en el bar de un hotel de Colonia (kí¶ler), si ella quiere hablar con nosotros sobre el sexo. "¿Por quíé no?, fuíé su respuesta. Nos levantamos y fuimos a un lugar del bar y empezamos una abierta, verdadera y adulta conversación sobre el famoso tema.

Metal Heart: Puedes recordar tu primera vez?

Tarja: Fuíé con mi primer novio real. Tení­a casi 17 en ese tiempo. El era 5 años mayor que yo y ya habí­a recolectado muchas experiencias antes, pero sus diferentes experiencias no le importaban. Estuvimos juntos por unos meses hasta que pasó. el querí­a que yo esperara hasta que me sintiera bien para hacerlo. Aún ahora encuentro, maravilloso cuando pienso atrás. Puedo decir que tuve mucha suerte con el, era un increible primer novio, como lo puedes imaginar.

Metal Heart: ¿Que es lo que mas te gusta en el sexo?

Tarja: Si puedes confiar en el otro. Si tu no tienes que temer a ser malentendido mientras lo haces y conoces muy bien a tu compañero y cuando además lo amas, por supuesto, solo de esa manera "hacer el amor" merece esa descripción y solo de esta manera es una experiencia intensa. en la que tu puedes dejarte ir totalmente, es un sentimiento indescriptible el notar que estarás con alguien por un tiempo y cada vez lo quieres más. Despiertas y piensas que puedes amar a alguien fuertemente y solo una semana despuíés sientes aún mas por exactamente la misma persona, eso es maravilloso y hace la diversion del sexo más especial.

Metal Heart: ¿Quíé es lo que no te gusta del sexo?

Tarja: Si realmente tú no conoces a tu compañero y no sientes nada por el. Yo ya no estoy en esa edad en la que necesitas recolectar tales experiencias. Aunque no he tenido una aventura de una noche he tenido ciertos romances cortos de tiempo a tiempo, pero esos affairs no me llenan y al final cada vez he tenido un sabor amargo y más me frustran y me entristecen a que me dejen algo. Yo misma he dibujado la conclusión de que no puedo esperar nada más de tales affairs, no sabes nada de tu compañero y no sientes nada por íél. Bajo tales condiciones el sexo no puede ser completamente llenado, porque los sentimientos correctos no existen. Así­ el acto será reducido a algo muy mecánico, y esto no es hermoso.

Metal Heart: Que tipo de ropa interior prefieres en los hombres?

Tarja: Oh, un tema lindo! De cualquier forma me gusta la ropa sencilla, los hombres que piensan que lucen lindos con tangas rosas los encuentro ridí­culos. Generalmente las tangas no son para los hombres. Desafortunadamente puedes verlos a menudo en la playa, esos son hombres que piensan que son los más increí­bles. Normalmente me gusta ligeramente más ajustada, trusas azul obscuro o negro.

Metal Heart: De cuál ropa interior usas?

Negra casi siempre. Tengo la piel muy clara y en ella el negro es el que luce mejor, cuando gano algo de bronceado con el sol aveces me gusta rojo o blanco. Además me gustan las "tangas string" ya que casi no se pueden ver bajo los pantalones. No creo tener la figura correcta para usarlas, pero son sencillamente discrtetas y afectan menos bajo tu ropa, tambiíén me gustan las cosas femeninas con mucho encaje, en Argentina las mujeres usan un montón de ropa femenina, en Finlandia eso no importa mucho por eso yo compro mi ropa interior en Argentina, allí­ consigues lo mas hermoso.

Metal Heart: Podrí­as imaginar el sexo con una mujer?

Tarja: Buena pregunta, creo que la idea de 2 mujeres teniendo sexo entre ellas es más erótico para todos que la idea de dos hombres entre ellos, definitivamente hay mujeres lindas que encuentras eróticas aunque no te gusten las mujeres, pero no puedo imaginarme eso. Mi último novio, con el que yo estaba antes de mi esposo, querí­a tener una noche con una segunda mujer  , en ese tiempo pensíé mucho en si yo podrí­a hacerlo, porque lo amaba, querí­a hacer su deseo realidad, por otro lado, el imaginar compartirlo con otra mujer definitivamente no estaba bien para mí­, en un tiempo su deseo se convirtió en un gran problema para nosotros.

Metal Heart: Podrí­as imaginar el sexo con dos hombres?

Tarja: No, definitivamente no, si yo estuviera con un hombre solo lo quedrí­a para mí­ y nadie más, cuando iba a la Universidad a la edad de 19 años, habí­a chicas que se encontraban con mas de un hombre al mismo tiempo, algunas de ellas incluso intentaron pedirme que fuera con ellos, pero eso no es para mí­, nunca he estado en esa clase de fiestas, no puedo imaginar ver a dos hombres mientras lo hacen, eso no significa que tenga algo contra los gays, lejos de eso algunos de mis mejores amigos son gay y me gusta estar con ellos porque puedes ir de compras muy bien y a menudo piensan como una mujer.

Metal Heart: Que piensas de las pelí­culas porno?

Tarja: Ví­ muchas de ellas en los autobuses, los músicos masculinos tienen el atributo de que tienen que verlas en cualquier momento no tengo nada en contra de eso. Incluso debo confesar que yo tengo una para mi, pero en el autobus no es la atmósfera correcta para eso. Las peliculas porno son, una cosa para momentos muy privados con tu pareja, y entonces la estíética juega un rol, si los actores y las escenas no son estíéticos, un filme porno rapidamente se vuelve asqueroso.

Metal Heart: Quíé piensas de las prostitutas?

Tarja: Esas mujeres a menudo son abusadas y obligadas a la prostitución en contra de su voluntad. Creo que eso no es bueno, especialmente en Argentina las mujeres asi tienen una pobre existencia sin esperanza, tales cosas no deben ser. Veo a las prostitutas como una especie de servicio y deben tener un mejor autoestima. Ofrecen algo parecido a otros prestadores de servicios, por eso deben ser tratadas y estimadas de la misma manera legal y social.

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #522 en: Diciembre 28, 2010, 11:28:28 pm »

_V_

• Visitante
« Respuesta #523 en: Enero 10, 2011, 01:59:43 pm »

Serena

• Moderador
« Respuesta #524 en: Enero 10, 2011, 11:18:44 pm »
Tarja ha volteado la pagina

Les mencioníé, hace algunas semanas, de la sinceridad en una entrevista y de los hechos como respuestas. Tarja Turunen no es un artista cómodo de entrevistar así­ que es necesario por momentos el reanudar la pregunta para ver si ella realmente responde a las preguntas propuestas más que con un lenguaje preconcebido y directo al plato. Su manera de expresarse a si misma, de incluirse a si misma, es algo demasiado positivo, respuestas muy consensuales para ser creí­bles, la cantante nos recuerda a la terrorifica polí­tica exasperante de ciertos de artistas que uno puede ver en “Vivement Dilmanche”.

Del lado de esta desagradable impresión, la entrevista (que tuvo lugar, recordando, mediante la firma de un empaque de jamón inaugurando nuestra colección de objetos insólitos autografiados por artistas) fuíé interesante. Tarja es hablantina y nos confia algunas aníécdotas personales acerca de su colaboración con Scorpions, sus gustos musicales (sabí­an que es una fan de Slipknot?) etc.

Si esto deja la puerta abierta a la oportunidad de volver a ser parte de un proyecto en grupo, una cosa es certera: Nighwish ha acabado para bien (si es que fuera posible aún dudarlo), y visible en su deseo de cambiar el tema, esto no encaja en el juego de los medios (prensa) comenzado por sus antiguos colegas y ahora se reusa a tener algo que ver con ello.

Radio Metal: Al principio del álbum, en el titulo “AOD” se escucha durante unos segundos un sonido que asemeja a los acordes de violonchelistas. Como se escuchan algunos antes de un concierto de una orquesta. El album mismo termina igual de una manera muy pomposa. El resto de la obra, no obstante, resulta moderno a travíés de ciertos sonidos o riffs. ¿Estan esas señales en la musica para recordarte de dónde vienes?

Claro, es una gran parte de mi misma, siempre es importante especialmente para mí­ como artista. La música clásica y el metal me rodean y serí­a muy dificil escoger entre esos dos gíéneros. Es el sonido de mi vida. El nuevo álbum es en general una especie de viaje. Lo he preparado en los ultimos dos años asi que fuíé un viaje puntuado por todas las experiencias que me han sucedido en la música. Tratíé de dejar clara la dirección que querí­a tomar con este álbum. Hay elementos del metal, elementos de rock, música clásica y sentimientos. Todo lo que me emociona.

Basicamente, es un sumario de tus influencias.

Por supuesto!

Es sorprendente que el album contiene algunos riffs muy metaleros e incluso gruñidos en “Dark Star”. Ahora, lo has aclarado, hace unos años, los riffs de metal extremo no eran lo tuyo… ¿Has cambiado de idea?

Mi álbum no tiene nada que ver con metal extremo (Risas). Cuando escuchas las canciones, estan muy lejos del metal extremo. Mi álbum contiene esos elementos y los tracks estan conectados con el metal pero este no es un álbum de metal. Así­ que, sí­, aún escucho albums de metal extremo. Slipknot es uno de esos pocos grupos violentos que escucho y aprecio mucho hoy en dí­a. Como sea, mi música es muy diferente, se desví­a de lo normal, si alguien puede llamarle así­.

¿Fuiste tú quien compuso esos tracks, incluyendo esas donde encontramos partes muy metaleras como “Dark Star” o “Little Lies”?

Yo compuse todas las canciones. Aveces sola, aveces con colaboradores.

En este nuevo CD, hiciste el cover “SOTN” de Withesnake. Ya habí­as tomado “Poison” de Alice Cooper. Esto se convertirá en una tradición en tus álbums como solista? Tienes ideas para el próximo?

Siempre es dificil para mí­ el decidir en un cover, pero tambien siempre es agradable hacerlo. ¿Por quíé esos covers de Hard Rock? Para mi es como regresar en el tiempo, yo tení­a siete años cuando mi hermano estaba dentro de esta música. Por lo tanto, tambiíén estoy empapada con ella. Es muy dificil coverear esas canciones. Cuando sea que haces un cover, sabes de antemano que no puedes hacerlo mejor que el original. La razón por la que decidí­ hacer un cover es para hacerlo de una manera completamante diferente. Yo interpreto a mi manera. Claro que titulos como “Poison” y “SOTN” fueron cantados por voces masculinas, asi que resumiendo, es totalmente diferente, Siempre he dicho que si iba a hacer un cover de “SOTN” me gustarí­a añadir un arreglo de orquesta y coro. La canción es buena. Estoy muy feliz.

Pero mi pregunta era mas acerca de si tu planeas hacer una tradición en cada uno de tus álbums…

No, no lo creo. No puedo pensar en eso ahora, talvez el próximo álbum no contenga ningún cover, nunca sabes. Así­ es como lo siento, era lo que querí­a hacer y talvez la próxima vez… no lo síé (risas).

Porque los tiempos son muy diferentes a los de las canciones originales, ¿Crees que los fans amarí­an tu version de “Poison” de Alice Cooper?

No tengo idea. Pero el señor Cooper me invitó a su tour, lo que es genial. í‰l habla muy dulcemente, es un hombre muy agradable. El siempre me decí­a algunas cosas muy positivas. Es una leyenda viviente, ha estado en el negocio por tanto tiempo, vió muchos artistas y grupos, y escuchar las palabras de aliento de un hombre como el es un gran honor!

Musicalmente, aún si la gente no puede dejar de comparar tu proyecto con Nightwish, este es muy diferente y menos accesible. ¿Es porque en la era donde cantaste en Nightwish ya tenias ese tipo de composiciones en mente? ¿Diste sugerencias en esa epoca?

No, encontríé mi propio camino. La música como la vida es un viaje, apreciamos cada una de nuestras nuevas experiencias, son parte de nosotros. Hoy, mi música es todo lo que conozco, todo lo que amo y todo lo que quiero, entonces obviamente Nightwish es parte de mi, que ocupa un lugar importante.

Del lado de esta desagradable impresión, la entrevista (que tuvo lugar, recordando, mediante la firma de un empaque de jamón inaugurando nuestra colección de objetos insólitos autografiados por artistas) fuíé interesante. Tarja es hablantina y nos confia algunas aníécdotas personales acerca de su colaboración con Scorpions, sus gustos musicales (sabí­an que es una fan de Slipknot?) etc.

Pero no lo es todo.

No, no solo porque ha terminado, Nightwish sigue ahí­, la música sigue viva, nunca morirá. Pero mi música es diferente porque compuse mis canciones yo misma. Es lo que hay aquí­ y es increí­ble!

¿En esa íépoca, no les sugeriste titulos (canciones, tracks)?

A quien?

A Nightwish

Yo no escribí­ para ellos. Tuomas es el compositor.

El nuevo álbum integra invitados especiales. Joe Satriani o Mike Terrana, quien te ha seguido por muchos años. En el escenario, estas acompañada por muy buenos músicos, incluyendo a Mike quien toca de una manera visual y demostrativa. En los proyectos de cantantes solistas tienden a no poner a los músicos dentro del paisaje para realzar mejor al cantante. ¿Es esto algo que quieres evitar?

Soy muy afortunada de trabajar con estos músicos, en serio. No son sólo músicos talentosos, tambiíén son gente muy agradable. Creo que tengo una estrella de la suerte sobre mi cabeza! Por ejemplo, Mike ha estado allí­ todo el tiempo. Ha trabajado conmigo todos estos años. Pero no es sólo íél, tambiíén Max Lijia en el Cello, Alex Scholpp en la guitarra, Doug Wimbish en el bajo, Christian Kretschmar en el teclado. Todos ellos son maravillosos artistas que trabajan muy duro, ensayan cada dí­a como yo. Esos chicos no son músicos de session, ellos me complementan, hacen arreglos conmigo. Este álbum no serí­a el mismo, las canciones no serí­an lo que son sin esos músicos y su participación. No es como si les hubiera dado los demos, diciendo: “Es así­ y no de otra manera” Ellos pueden cambiar cosas. Mas que nada, han traido muchos cambios y es genial!